Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 10:50 AM

2,406 posts, read 6,043,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the topper View Post
Bart is running this fall in San Jose Barryessa district. What about Levi's stadium in San Jose's back door? Don't forget it's the Capital of Silicon Valley!
You really need to give up this obsession with promoting San Jose and constantly comparing it to other cities in almost every single forum on this site! I like San Jose for lots of reasons and spent a huge portion of my life there when I grew up in the South Bay. You're making us South Bay natives look ridiculous though with some of the things you say.

I know what San Jose is and what it isn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2017, 12:50 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,929,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstnghu2 View Post
You really need to give up this obsession with promoting San Jose and constantly comparing it to other cities in almost every single forum on this site! I like San Jose for lots of reasons and spent a huge portion of my life there when I grew up in the South Bay. You're making us South Bay natives look ridiculous though with some of the things you say.

I know what San Jose is and what it isn't.
Like what?!!!!! Everything I say is true: Capital of Silicon Valley, World Class airport, Bart/Light Rail, Good Stadiums/Arena, Pop. of over 1 million, very diverse and a nice Downtown. Anything I say is not true? Where did I go wrong from here?

Old 03-13-2017, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Like what?!!!!! Everything I say is true: Capital of Silicon Valley, World Class airport, Bart/Light Rail, Good Stadiums/Arena, Pop. of over 1 million, very diverse and a nice Downtown. Anything I say is not true? Where did I go wrong from here?

As I said previously, I like San Jose. It actually does have quite a few good things going for it. I'm still realistic about what kind of city it is and what it isn't. I have a lot of great memories growing up in the area. I don't compare it to Paris or NYC though...which you've done in other posts.

As far as your never-ending insecure posts about SJ and trying to compare it to every single other major city in the US...

I also am not going to talk bad about Oakland either. It has its own set of issues though. Crime there is no joking matter and affects a large portion of the city. I was actually there last night, having pizza at Zachary's on College Ave. I've had a lot of good experiences in Oakland, despite its somewhat justified negative public perception.

San Jose and Oakland each have their own negative and positive characteristics. So does SF.

Last edited by mstnghu2; 03-13-2017 at 02:32 PM..

Old 03-13-2017, 03:24 PM

24,409 posts, read 26,986,736 times
Quote:
As I said previously, I like San Jose. It actually does have quite a few good things going for it. I'm still realistic about what kind of city it is and what it isn't. I have a lot of great memories growing up in the area. I don't compare it to Paris or NYC though...which you've done in other posts.

As far as your never-ending insecure posts about SJ and trying to compare it to every single other major city in the US...

I also am not going to talk bad about Oakland either. It has its own set of issues though. Crime there is no joking matter and affects a large portion of the city. I was actually there last night, having pizza at Zachary's on College Ave. I've had a lot of good experiences in Oakland, despite its somewhat justified negative public perception.

San Jose and Oakland each have their own negative and positive characteristics. So does SF.
Are you a politician? Long response with no clear answer Hillary is that you??!

Old 03-13-2017, 03:34 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,929,087 times
Quote:

When did I ever compare San Jose to NY? Paris? It's not even that good of a city.

Old 03-13-2017, 03:58 PM

3,098 posts, read 3,787,588 times
You can't compare the two. Oakland has an infrastructure in place that is undergoing redevelopment. Art Deco buildings like the fox,paramount and flora have been renovated .The cathedral building is a gothic revival building from the 20's with whole floor units and townhouses with the elevator opening onto the homes foyer. that's just sick. Multiple Bart stations with 15 minute Bart rides to the finical district have dictated where the development has taken place
San Jose is newer builds ,not so heavily dependent on renovation and can move in a new direction

Old 03-13-2017, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Are you a politician? Long response with no clear answer Hillary is that you??!
Maybe you should click on the topper's profile and check out his never-ending stream of threads regarding San Jose and how it compares to just about every city in the world. It's a bizarre obsession.

I'm totally not following where you were going with your response to my post and why you would call me a politician. I wasn't even trying to answer any questions.

Old 03-13-2017, 05:00 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,897,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaster View Post
You can't compare the two. Oakland has an infrastructure in place that is undergoing redevelopment. Art Deco buildings like the fox,paramount and flora have been renovated .The cathedral building is a gothic revival building from the 20's with whole floor units and townhouses with the elevator opening onto the homes foyer. that's just sick. Multiple Bart stations with 15 minute Bart rides to the finical district have dictated where the development has taken place
San Jose is newer builds ,not so heavily dependent on renovation and can move in a new direction
When I win the lotto I am moving into the Cathedral Building.

Old 03-13-2017, 05:06 PM

1,963 posts, read 3,046,208 times
As I said, I wouldn't waste my time driving to either.

Last edited by marcopolo666; 03-13-2017 at 05:19 PM..

Old 03-13-2017, 05:17 PM

1,963 posts, read 3,046,208 times
Quote:
Over 1 million, world class industry, nice international airport, Bart/Light rail and stadiums do justice and nice finishing touch for this city.
Not one of the things you mentioned is a reason for anybody to go to SJ to visit. Rather telling, actually.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland