Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2009, 08:44 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,031,390 times

Advertisements

Oh, and another one.

If Im talking to a coworker during your order about something I need help with that involves your order, dont snap your fingers in my face because Im not scanning your items fast enough.

Otherwise I will scan even slower (even if the coworker has helped me and gone away) just for spite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2009, 01:39 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerowyn View Post
one word theft.
Even when it's in an area not accessible to customers? It is much easier to clean a spill when you have a mop to do so. We have a cleaning company come in every morning that cleans the bathrooms, and I did see a floor scrubber in there--wait, not EVERY morning. They don't work weekends. So it only needs to be cleaned on weekdays, and only once a day?

Old 05-27-2009, 01:43 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerowyn View Post
My biggest pet peeve are shoppers who own the aisle... you know them, they take up the entire aisle with thier cart the stands feet away taking up the aisle at the other end. No one can get past. Drive me nuts!

We have a grocery sotre that loves to stock shelves during the day time when it is most crowded. No matter how you complain they still do it. Oh well it took us 25 years of complaining to put in cart corrals.
For one, in some stores, they use minors to do the stocking...and they can only stay so late. If you're over 18, you have a lot more leeway, you can stay until two, three in the morning. I happen to work for a store that pays a salaried manager and supervisor to work 40 hours a week to supervise a night stocking crew. Wal-Mart does it at night too--but they ARE open 24 hours a day.

Old 05-27-2009, 05:58 PM

1,691 posts, read 3,851,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
For one, in some stores, they use minors to do the stocking...and they can only stay so late. If you're over 18, you have a lot more leeway, you can stay until two, three in the morning. I happen to work for a store that pays a salaried manager and supervisor to work 40 hours a week to supervise a night stocking crew. Wal-Mart does it at night too--but they ARE open 24 hours a day.
Oh I know that and I understand deliveries. what I don't understand is stacks upon stcks of stuff in the aisles no teenager stockclerks and plenty of stuff not on the shelves but in the aisle during normal business hours. I have dont some grocery store clerking before and know the laws locally on who can stock when and where... but I would think a limit to how much stuff crowds each aisle would better for business... then again I am talking about a store known for not being the best towards customers. LOL. I just find it funny.

Old 05-27-2009, 05:59 PM

1,691 posts, read 3,851,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Even when it's in an area not accessible to customers? It is much easier to clean a spill when you have a mop to do so. We have a cleaning company come in every morning that cleans the bathrooms, and I did see a floor scrubber in there--wait, not EVERY morning. They don't work weekends. So it only needs to be cleaned on weekdays, and only once a day?
ummm ever heard of employee theft?

Old 05-27-2009, 06:11 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times
Quote:
My biggest pet peeve are shoppers who own the aisle... you know them, they take up the entire aisle with thier cart the stands feet away taking up the aisle at the other end. No one can get past. Drive me nuts!
Me too!! In my experience these tend to be retired men who's wives sent them shopping to get them out of the house so they make a mission out of grocery shopping. They don't care if it takes all day because it is a new and interesting adventure for them. Something their wives always did.They have never been a mom, on her way home from work (or between appointments or with a toddler in need of a nap) with a hungry family at home trying to get through the aisles as efficiently as possible.

Old 05-27-2009, 06:22 PM

3,644 posts, read 10,940,609 times
Otherwise I will scan even slower (even if the coworker has helped me and gone away) just for spite.

I once interrupted a checker while she was scanning my items and talking to a coworker. She had double scanned the item. After I corrected her, she gave me a nasty look and started reading each label before scanning each item and smirking at me as she did it. I was pissed... but she was right... there was nothing I could do...

Except walk out with the other $200 worth of food on the conveyor and in the cart (about $400 + total) and explain to the manager on my way out why I was going to the grocery store across the street.

Ahhh... that was SWEET!

Old 05-27-2009, 07:53 PM

45,383 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Me too!! In my experience these tend to be retired men who's wives sent them shopping to get them out of the house so they make a mission out of grocery shopping. They don't care if it takes all day because it is a new and interesting adventure for them. Something their wives always did.They have never been a mom, on her way home from work (or between appointments or with a toddler in need of a nap) with a hungry family at home trying to get through the aisles as efficiently as possible.
And as the dad who does the grocery shopping those bolded customers are also the ones who don't have a clue where anything in the store is located.

Old 05-27-2009, 07:58 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,785,743 times
When grocery shopping, stay to the right, just like driving! What a concept (seems like many don't understand that though) - store directories are there for a reason, as are the overhead aisle signs.

Just making points to possibly help some, not directed at anyone in particular except those that seem to think the whole aisle is theirs, leave carts in the middle and go wandering, etc.

Old 05-27-2009, 08:11 PM

413 posts, read 1,368,701 times
My pet peeve comes from when I worked at Wal-Mart. We would get customers who insisted on opening bags of candy etc and eating while shopping and then putting the half eaten bag on a shelf. First, it is considered stealing, second it shows how low class you really are.

My other one is the cell phone. I don't want to hear you play your guess where I am game with whoever is on the other end. Or how your hemmorroids are acting up and nothing is making them stop itching. I also don't want to be behind you in line at the check out waiting because you are so busy yakking that you can't be bothered to give the clerk the money. In other words shut the dang phone off until you get home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products