Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you think is most true? (pick more than one)
The officer did not commit murder, he was in imminent danger. 84 62.69%
Police are guilty of murder and we have the RIGHT to be in the streets! 12 8.96%
In light of the volitility, a curfew is understandable. 47 35.07%
Police should wear body cameras at all times. 74 55.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 10:21 AM

4,677 posts, read 5,768,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by satchseven View Post
those stores got insurance what on earth are you talking about?
Various store owners were already on KMOX discussing this. They have all been informed that this falls under force majeure. If they did not specifically insure their stores against riot, then insurance is not going to cover their losses.
(This is likely a factor in QT's decision already not to rebuild.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2014, 10:35 AM

11,108 posts, read 23,892,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
Various store owners were already on KMOX discussing this. They have all been informed that this falls under force majeure. If they did not specifically insure their stores against riot, then insurance is not going to cover their losses.
(This is likely a factor in QT's decision already not to rebuild.)
Yea. North County wasn't doing great, but was pretty stable before this. I think this will be the turning point for the entire area taking a nose dive. 10-20 years from now when people ask what the hell happened to North County, you will probably be able to point to the last few days as when things really started to change for the worse.

Old 08-13-2014, 10:38 AM

662 posts, read 1,049,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
I'm white I'm not saying that.

I'm also not a member of the KKK and personally don't discriminate against blacks. Not that this matters, but my ancestors came over from Ireland and northern Europe, settled in places like New Jersey, Wisconsin and Iowa, and those that were of the age fought for the North in the Civil war. One died at the battle of Spotsylvania Court House. None owned slaves.

Because some whites have been racists and at one time some whites owned slaves does that make me a racist today?
I'm not really sure how those two points connect. You should still be the beneficiary of something even though you never had an exact dealing with it (think heir....something Paris Hilton was). I ''inherited'' the black race. When sometime goes wrong, I have to feel that stereotype. If I was James Holmes, I'd be shot dead. You being white, if you robbed a store now. There's a good chance you'd be arrested and have a fair trial. I mean, James Holmes killed 12 people in a theater and got a very fair trial.

When you look at it truthfully, most (if not all) of those arrested in looting were NOT from Ferguson (St. Louis City rather).

I've been watching the news and reading Facebook comments over the past few days and everyone is grouping all blacks together. Many blacks have lost their jobs because of the looting, especially the ones working at QT.

When you look at it, race relations are deeper than slaves (slaves are just the easiest target). In fact, many after the Civil War ended up going to college (from Harvard no less). Then Jim Crow happened. I'd reckon Jim Crow did more damage than Slavery ever did.

It's not determining if you are racist or not. That isn't really the point. It's about acknowledging issues are much more intricate and complicated than a simple solution. It's probably worse when people don't acknowledge race exists.

Old 08-13-2014, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
Yea. North County wasn't doing great, but was pretty stable before this. I think this will be the turning point for the entire area taking a nose dive. 10-20 years from now when people ask what the hell happened to North County, you will probably be able to point to the last few days as when things really started to change for the worse.
Which is ironic, because it was people from the city causing all the trouble. I don't like that the Gen 3 QT store that just opened up on West Florissant is closed because of rioters. In fact, I was going to go to the Sam's Club down there but my family suggested I don't and go to the Brentwood or Manchester location. Very sad.

Old 08-13-2014, 10:49 AM

7,444 posts, read 7,018,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
Although the trend lines have been bad for north county for some time, I don't see it recovering from this. Hope I'm wrong.

Old 08-13-2014, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Although the trend lines have been bad for north county for some time, I don't see it recovering from this. Hope I'm wrong.
Florissant is supposed to get a Wal-mart. The new Ashley-Furniture and Chipotle on Lindbergh is nice. I've been going to West County less because of the many developments. But some of the recent on goings has been making it hard, especially since someone's been breaking into houses in my neighborhood (hasn't happened until AFTER the riots started). Meh.

Old 08-13-2014, 11:08 AM

10,020 posts, read 8,635,195 times
A couple more shootings last night.
Bridgeton gun shop owner said people, black and white are flooding his store and are buying guns.

Old 08-13-2014, 11:37 AM

170 posts, read 133,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha_Dog View Post
Mike Brown's Rap Sheet on casenet. But wait...they said he was a good kid, a gentle giant...dude should have been on house arrest, not out on the streets.

Description: Burglary - 1st Degree { Felony B RSMo: 569.160 }
Date: 11/02/2013 Code: 1401000
OCN: AJ006207 Arresting Agency: ST ANN PD
Description: Armed Criminal Action { Felony Unclassified RSMo: 571.015 }
Date: 11/02/2013 Code: 3101000
Description: Assault 1st Degree - Serious Physical Injury { Felony A RSMo: 565.050 }
Date: 11/02/2013 Code: 1301100
Description: Armed Criminal Action { Felony Unclassified RSMo: 571.015 }
Date: 11/02/2013 Code: 3101000
As someone else pointed out, your claim has been debunked. But if it were true, does that mean he should have been gun down by the PIGS? Should a person who has been convicted of DWI be shot by the no good police?

Old 08-13-2014, 02:07 PM

BREAKING: FBI Confirms NEW BLACK PANTHER LEADER Is in StL Area Encouraging Violence Against Cops | The Gateway Pundit

New blank panthers in town promoting violence against cops...I realize I'm linking a right wing blog but he's relying on reports from an actual reporter who claims to have confirmed it with the FBI.

That's probably not helpful.

Old 08-13-2014, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbyBobble View Post
Florissant is supposed to get a Wal-mart. The new Ashley-Furniture and Chipotle on Lindbergh is nice. I've been going to West County less because of the many developments. But some of the recent on goings has been making it hard, especially since someone's been breaking into houses in my neighborhood (hasn't happened until AFTER the riots started). Meh.
Well good luck, I wish you and your area peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis