Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 11:20 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,123,127 times

Advertisements

Why 5 McDonald's in a 10 mile radius. Good question, but the answer is quite simple.

A lot of people go to McDonalds. Why, I don't know. But they all do a brisk business even when they are only a few miles apart. People all around the world flock to Mickey D's.

I dont think real estate folks are "shiesty" at all. After all, its the buyer who decides whether
to buy any particular piece of real estate. All an agent can do is show people homes that meet
their criteria as to size, location and price. A sellers agent simply shows the house and touts
any benefits of a particular property.k They do the paperwork, arrange for closings, basically
bringing the buyer and seller together to get the transaction done. Seller pays real estate
person for their work. Unless of course a buyer uses a buyers agent and then the buyer
pays that fee, but not the sellers end. What is "shiesty" about that arrangement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red3311 View Post
"progress" indeed

Maybe for you shiesty real estate folks.. But the natives, the animals and anyone else that wants to enjoy the nature and beauty that once was loses out again.

Why do you NEED 5 Mcdonalds within a 10 mile radius? Answer that, then maybe you can answer those questions yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2013, 11:49 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,733,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Again you might not be well versed on how scientific consensus is achieved what the heritage foundation newsletters that you get all your information from neglect to tell you is there is consensus from the scientific community on that carbon dioxide has an effect in our environment, as evidence of that 96% of peer reviewed scientific papers state that case, because this is how scientific consensus is reached if a scientist disagrees he doesn't go on Foxnews and talks about it he writes a paper that says this is what i think this why i think it, then his peers review it, here is a link from actual journal not a conservative bulletin board.

The Scientific Consensus on Climate Change
World's top climate scientists confess: Global warming is just QUARTER what we thought - and computers got the effects of greenhouse gases wrong | Mail Online

Not a Fox news article or the Heritage Foundation! And there are plenty more out there!

But lets go back to the topic or you can start your own thread to start a different discussion and it is great that we are now close to the mall being build which for sure add's jobs and will make sure that people who like to shop at outlet malls don't have to go to Orlando and save on gas if they live in this area, and that sales tax will be used in and for Pasco County!

Old 11-14-2013, 11:52 AM

There are many contributors to global warming. Cattle is a big producer of green house gasses such as Co2 and methane. Burning fossil fuels is a huge contributor. Coal, oil, gasoline all raise the Co2 in the environment. Nitrous oxide from fertilizers, gases used for refrigeration and industrial processes also are major contributors to the release of greenhouse gases into our atmosphere. Greenhouse gases
retain heat.

There aren't any mechanisms to remove Co2 from the air except for trees, plants and the ocean.
As we remove the trees and plants there is less and less means for the Co2 to be
converted into oxygen. As the oceans absorb Co2 they become acidic which affect the growth
of coral.

Overall, the addition of Co2 to the atmosphere is a negative situation. We don't breathe
Co2 and if we have less natural resources to control it the obvious result is going to be
death of oxygen dependent life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Amid UN Climate Deception, Experts Decry Corruption of Science

"Around the world, at least in some places, the public is slowly starting to wake up to the scheming. In Australia, for example, voters just delivered a landslide victory to a conservative coalition that promised to rein in the government “climate” schemes and kill the carbon tax. Meanwhile, independent experts and scientists continue to challenge UN theories, which have become increasingly outlandish and discredited as official data show that global warming essentially stopped more than 15 years ago — despite increasing CO2 levels. Undeterred by the collapse in its credibility, though, the UN is now claiming to be more certain than ever that “human activities” are to blame for “climate change.”

"Despite claims by UN climate alarmists about human CO2 “pollution” driving global warming, the SSRC and countless other experts and institutions have long pointed out that the sun is likely the primary influence on Earth’s climate. Indeed, man’s emissions of CO2 — a natural gas exhaled by humans and fundamental to life on Earth — make up just a fraction of one percent of the greenhouse gases present naturally in the atmosphere. Theories about the gas, presented by activists and institutions hiding behind a veneer of “science,” are bogus; the sun, then, is really the key to understanding climate."
--------------------------

Some people rather believe Al Gore who pocketed big time on his "theory" and Leonardo DiCapri who is also a big environmentalist as long as you don't touch his private plane that is costing more damage to nature due tot he fact that it is only used for moving a few people instead of a full plane load of people.

I have nothing against rich people having their own planes and spending money since that is helping the economy and they worked hard for their money and only got that money because other people were and are interested watching his and other peoples work. I'm one of them and like his work since I believe he is a great actor, but I don't like the B.S. and hypocrisy of people like that.

I respect people who preach something and live accordingly, regardless of my opinion on the subject.

To DUNNDFRNT, you are enitled to your own opinion, like I have my opinion, but you are not entitled to change the facts and make it like it is 96% of scientist believe what you are saying since the proof shows different data, but usually people like you don't want to hear the other side. Facts are facts!

Old 11-14-2013, 12:27 PM

641 posts, read 1,020,415 times
Quote:

which for sure add's jobs

Yea minimum age retail jobs, where if you created a nature preserve instead you could have high wage biologist jobs, but I digress.

Old 11-14-2013, 12:33 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,462,671 times
Exactly Red3311! You are exactly RIGHT! I would Rep you ... but I want to explain first.

Here is the difference. Adding a Mall with 100's if not 1000's of jobs this will create, including the surrounding area where people will live and spend there money. Also, include in that the Sales Taxes that will go to Wesley Chapel and Pasco County. Amazing we would want to give that up.

Or .. We could have created a Nature Preserve and hired four Biologists at 70K per year. But guess what, are you reading?? Are you ready?? THESE FOUR BIOLOGISTS ARE PAID FOR BY THE TAX PAYER!!! They are a State Job!!!

NO REP FOR YOU!

Old 11-14-2013, 12:53 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,897,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfer View Post
Exactly Red3311! You are exactly RIGHT! I would Rep you ... but I want to explain first.

Here is the difference. Adding a Mall with 100's if not 1000's of jobs this will create, including the surrounding area where people will live and spend there money. Also, include in that the Sales Taxes that will go to Wesley Chapel and Pasco County. Amazing we would want to give that up.

Or .. We could have created a Nature Preserve and hired four Biologists at 70K per year. But guess what, are you reading?? Are you ready?? THESE FOUR BIOLOGISTS ARE PAID FOR BY THE TAX PAYER!!! They are a State Job!!!

NO REP FOR YOU!
No soup either! (Seinfeld)

And again someone posts "minimum wage retail jobs"......without even considering most will be over minimum wage and some will be darn good management wage and not even considering all the spinoff jobs created.....and as you point out, tax collecting jobs instead of tax payer funded jobs. All some people want to do is chant non stop "minimum wage" over and over until they mistakenly think people will start to believe them.

Better to have people working for money and paying taxes than not have a job and dependent on unemployment benefits or not even that.

Rep for you!

Last edited by The Villages Guy; 11-14-2013 at 01:05 PM.. Reason: Typo after typo

Old 11-14-2013, 01:06 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,462,671 times
Don't you just ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT when people are 100% committed to backing a theory that spends other peoples money?

We have one of the largest Nature Preserves South of us here in Florida. Everyone is dumping their Python in it now, so it's a little dangerous. Have you visited or are you just glad that it's there?

Old 11-14-2013, 01:13 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,897,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfer View Post
Don't you just ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT when people are 100% committed to backing a theory that spends other peoples money?

We have one of the largest Nature Preserves South of us here in Florida. Everyone is dumping their Python in it now, so it's a little dangerous. Have you visited or are you just glad that it's there?
Ya, I love the theory that using tax payer money to pay for a handful of biologist jobs is much better than employing hundreds or maybe thousands of people in the private sector, who in turn will PAY taxes, which can then be used for the greater good. Sometimes people are stuck in an endless loop and forget to think logically.

Old 11-14-2013, 03:14 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,733,632 times
When I started this thread I could not have thought that we would end up talking about biologist jobs, Nature Preserves and people so against people making minimum wages.

My personal opinion is that I don't need a Natural Preserve added since we have some smaller ones in the area and Gulfer already pointed out the one in the South where indeed pythons are dumped and the thought alone creeps me out to think that it could be close to where a lot of people live.

Any minimum wage job is better than one welfare check! It is a honest earned pay check and indeed, every minimum wage employee can wok themselves up to a higher paid job of a manager or switch jobs since now there is at least a job on their record.

There are plenty of wealthy tv hosts, etc. who started out with minimum wage jobs and nothing is dishonest, bad, disrespectful, etc. of any person making minimum wages and it is also up to them to try higher up which is possible since many have done it....but are they willing to try at least. I can say many are trying and successful!

Old 11-14-2013, 03:26 PM

It seems that some posters are locked into the "minimum wage, no jobs, high COL" thought process and will never break free from their thinking. When something happens that goes against that thought process they will use other means in an attempt to prove they are right and everybody else
is wrong.

Quote:
When I started this thread I could not have thought that we would end up talking about biologist jobs, Nature Preserves and people so against people making minimum wages.

My personal opinion is that I don't need a Natural Preserve added since we have some smaller ones in the area and Gulfer already pointed out the one in the South where indeed pythons are dumped and the thought alone creeps me out to think that it could be close to where a lot of people live.

Any minimum wage job is better than one welfare check! It is a honest earned pay check and indeed, every minimum wage employee can wok themselves up to a higher paid job of a manager or switch jobs since now there is at least a job on their record.

There are plenty of wealthy tv hosts, etc. who started out with minimum wage jobs and nothing is dishonest, bad, disrespectful, etc. of any person making minimum wages and it is also up to them to try higher up which is possible since many have done it....but are they willing to try at least. I can say many are trying and successful!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay