Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2013, 03:27 PM

1,297 posts, read 3,100,002 times

Advertisements

both places are delicious and i give WB the edge. as above poster mentioned, my gf tried in n out in dallas and she didnt like it as much either as compared when we lived in LA in 2011. the lettuce was kinda funky and overall it just seemed a little... off. although it was still very similar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2013, 04:35 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,950,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
Are you forgetting the very diffrent climate? Humidity maybe?

I do enjoy a good Whataburger and that amazing fancy ketchup...
I even have a Whataburger Fancy Ketchup T-shirt!

Old 07-31-2013, 05:17 PM

4,433 posts, read 5,346,276 times
FYI posters if you buy the WhatABurger ketchup you can't refrigerate!

Old 07-31-2013, 11:10 PM

3,279 posts, read 5,317,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySwelly View Post
Never liked Whataburger. Just didn't get the hype; seemed like another Wendy's or McDonald's to me. I prefer In-N-Out, Five Guys, and SmashBurger to Whataburger.
I agree completely. I lived in AZ and they had them too, they were nothing special to me. They're just slower and more expensive.

Honestly, after 7½ years in TX, nothing here at all has really impressed me. NC has the great vinegar-based barbecue & Bojangle's and Hardee's, Tucson AZ has Lucky Wishbone, many great Mexican food places including the ability to get a "chorizo" burrito with potatoes & eggs for $2 that tastes great & fills you up.

Texas--they have those stupid "kolaches" (nothing but hot dogs in a bun for breakfast), barbeque that is a joke compared to NC's (although using Well's BBQ Sauce, which is vinegar-based & which I brought back with me from NC last March, helps) and doesn't offer Brunswick Stew or corn sticks/hush-puppies as a side (although the beans are pretty good), & I have yet to find a place that can make a decent breakfast burrito worth a lick (although another Mexican yesterday told me of a place she found, I'm looking forward to trying it). Heck most of them don't even know what chorizo is (it's Mexican sausage). I've had to learn to cook my own food because no one around here really does it for me so much--it's okay, but nothing that I would look forward to having again if I left & returned many years later, whereas there were such places in NC & AZ.

LRH

Old 08-01-2013, 01:57 AM

420 posts, read 705,805 times
Sorry, Larry, but are you really doing this spiel again? Texas is nationally renown for its BBQ. BBQ pitmasters receive celebrity status in this state.

And I've never met anyone who didn't know what chorizo is. I've never been to a grocery store that didn't sell it.

Old 08-01-2013, 02:28 AM

3,279 posts, read 5,317,466 times
Chorizo may be common in the grocery stores, but in terms of ready-to-eat burritos, I've had the time of my life finding a place around here that sells them. Again a nice young Hispanic lady informed me of such a place, & I'm eager to try it. Coming from someone like her it's more believable than if a "blue collar" type told me of such a place & it was named "Joe & Bud's Burgers, Burritos & Bait Shop." From what she tells me this is the real deal. I'm eager to see it.

I stand by my assertion about the BBQ. I don't care if Jesus himself comes down from the sky & says he likes it, I say it's inferior to NC and that's just it. Others can like it that's fine, enjoy it all you want, crow about it all you want, of course different people have different opinions, but I have had NC and KNOW it to be better. Or, again, just don't forget the Well's & it can resurrect the "plain" TX style into something far more interesting. Yet still, hush puppies make a great side-dish for it & it's just silly that it's not offered as one. Again, though, I admit TX taught me something in terms of having pinto beans as a side, NC doesn't do that & yet they do make a great side.

LRH

Old 08-01-2013, 06:31 AM

875 posts, read 1,661,316 times
WHATABURGER DUDE HERE!!! I went to IN-N-OUT in Dallas a while ago and it was alright, nothing like WHATABURGER that's for sure. I think 5 Guys taste better, but that's just me.

Old 08-01-2013, 11:03 PM

1,560 posts, read 1,263,561 times
Directly to the OP; as a Texan who has tried In-N-Out, I can relate the following:

When In-N-Out first opened here, the hype was unbelievable. The line at the drive-thru stretched literally around the block and the lobby was jam packed. After the initial buildup finally ceased, I stopped in to give it a shot, and I decided that it was....

Meh.

A tasty burger, but nothing spectacular. Five Guys and Whataburger are both every bit as good, and come with a far shorter wait time and less hype.

All three of them pale in comparison to Kincaid's in Fort Worth and Herd's in Jacksboro.

Old 08-17-2013, 02:41 PM

17 posts, read 31,563 times
Holy crap!! I hate people like the OP!! I am from Cali and hate it when dip wads like this drag the rest of us down...

In my opinion...In-N-Out is okay and THAT'S IT!!! There are several others that beat them hands down (Nations, Five Guys for starters)

Please, People of Texas...we are not all like this in Cali....

Old 08-17-2013, 03:57 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,873,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemerle View Post
Holy crap!! I hate people like the OP!! I am from Cali and hate it when dip wads like this drag the rest of us down...

In my opinion...In-N-Out is okay and THAT'S IT!!! There are several others that beat them hands down (Nations, Five Guys for starters)

Please, People of Texas...we are not all like this in Cali....
We know.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas