Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2013, 09:50 AM

1,627 posts, read 3,218,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandy View Post
I'm not a big fast food fan, but while living in Texas a few years ago, I decided to give Whataburger a try. Apparently I got a bad one because the burger was full of bone chips. It still grosses me out to think about it. I have NEVER had a burger like that before in my life and I had to toss it after about the third bone chip. I never went back. From my personal experience, I assume they aren't using the best quality of beef for their burgers.
I have also tried and In & Out and enjoyed my burger. I liked the grilled onions. But it was a long wait for that burger.
I ate twice at two different locations at Whataburger and experienced Bone chips.

In and Out is my favorite fast food hamburger but of course the best hamburger is when I make them on the grill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2013, 10:21 AM

4,437 posts, read 5,351,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
Speaking of burger joints, is Red Robin any good?

I've never seen such an extensive menu for a burger place.
You do get free steak fries while you wait for your food!!!!

Old 07-31-2013, 10:33 AM

2,353 posts, read 3,865,120 times
We tried the In-N-Out burgers at three different locations in the Dallas area and never understood the love. The burgers were just OK and the fries were cardboard. Greasy cardboard. Yech!

Well, we were in California a couple of weeks ago, and tried an In-N-Out north of San Francisco. WOW. The burgers were good and the fries were good too. Totally different creatures than what we had gotten in Dallas. So, I give the Dallas area In-N-Outs a C- and the California location we tried an A-. Go to California if you want a good In-N-Out.

Old 07-31-2013, 10:49 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,881,679 times
Thanks for the info, y'all......Red Robin sounds like it's gotten pretty bad....:-(

Old 07-31-2013, 11:20 AM

5,265 posts, read 6,410,278 times
Quote:
Well, we were in California a couple of weeks ago, and tried an In-N-Out north of San Francisco. WOW. The burgers were good and the fries were good too.
In N Out in Dallas and Southern CA taste exactly the same. Same decent burger, same nasty fries.

Old 07-31-2013, 12:28 PM

12,498 posts, read 27,004,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DitsyD View Post
We tried the In-N-Out burgers at three different locations in the Dallas area and never understood the love. The burgers were just OK and the fries were cardboard. Greasy cardboard. Yech!

Well, we were in California a couple of weeks ago, and tried an In-N-Out north of San Francisco. WOW. The burgers were good and the fries were good too. Totally different creatures than what we had gotten in Dallas. So, I give the Dallas area In-N-Outs a C- and the California location we tried an A-. Go to California if you want a good In-N-Out.
There is no way possible the quality could differ that much between Texas & California locations. I mean they're using the same ingredients, ovens, fryers, & everything. They even had veteran workers transfer from California to Texas just to do the training & restaurant grand openings.

The In N Out's I had in Long Beach & San Jose tastes exactly the same as the In N Out's I had it in Dallas & Arlington.

Not buying your story, sorry.

Old 07-31-2013, 12:56 PM

2,353 posts, read 3,865,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
There is no way possible the quality could differ that much between Texas & California locations. I mean they're using the same ingredients, ovens, fryers, & everything. They even had veteran workers transfer from California to Texas just to do the training & restaurant grand openings.

The In N Out's I had in Long Beach & San Jose tastes exactly the same as the In N Out's I had it in Dallas & Arlington.

I have no reason to lie. Just giving my experience.

Old 07-31-2013, 01:16 PM

798 posts, read 1,035,183 times
Never liked Whataburger. Just didn't get the hype; seemed like another Wendy's or McDonald's to me. I prefer In-N-Out, Five Guys, and SmashBurger to Whataburger.

Old 07-31-2013, 02:54 PM

4,437 posts, read 5,351,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post

Are you forgetting the very diffrent climate? Humidity maybe?

I do enjoy a good Whataburger and that amazing fancy ketchup...

Old 07-31-2013, 03:01 PM

6,697 posts, read 9,954,100 times
The fries at In-N-Out are disgusting and the burgers are so overrated. I've been to In-N-Out twice and never been back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas