Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2013, 09:30 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,883,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by car957 View Post
I guess I will make the 406th post by saying I don't care. I make my own burgers with deer meat and sausage and grow my own peppers and onions. If I need fries, I just bake the HEB pre-cooked in an oven.

You folks get way too emotional over way too trivial stuff.
Oh, I hate you. I love burgers and chili made with a mix of deer and beef.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2013, 06:24 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,228,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
Oh, I hate you. I love burgers and chili made with a mix of deer and beef.
Get out of my head!

You guys haven't good burgers until you've have the cheeseburger from Lee's Drive Inn in Waco! Don't get me started on the link baskets! Screw In and Out! I finally visited while in Dallas. Whataburger wins.

Old 08-18-2013, 09:08 PM

420 posts, read 706,303 times
Speaking of deer meat, my favorite burger joint by far is Twisted Root. They offer Cow, Buffalo, Turkey, Venison, Elk, Lamb, Ostrich, Kangaroo, Emu, Boar, Alligator, and vegetarian. Best burgers in Texas, IMO.

You couldn't convince me to pay $7 for Whataburger when you can have Twisted Root for $3 more.

Old 08-18-2013, 09:11 PM

346 posts, read 456,579 times
Sparkles on Dowling has some of the best burgers I ever had. Much better than In-n-out, Whataburger, and Carls Jr IMO.

Old 08-26-2013, 03:08 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,125,643 times
Quote:
That is so funny. Usually there is enough salt and grease to pass muster, LOL!
Their fries are good. These people have never had a real potato! Watch them chop them, fry them, salt them and serve, its as simple as it gets.

Old 08-26-2013, 06:40 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,883,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Their fries are good. These people have never had a real potato! Watch them chop them, fry them, salt them and serve, its as simple as it gets.
Real potato fries are yuuuummy....but I can't remember the last time I had them outside of Fuddrucker's.

Most are frozen.

Old 08-26-2013, 07:56 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,824,559 times
Quote:
Real potato fries are yuuuummy....but I can't remember the last time I had them outside of Fuddrucker's.

Most are frozen.
Those ARE good fries.

Old 08-27-2013, 08:38 AM

59 posts, read 110,738 times
This whole thread is the real joke. I went to In-N-Out in LA, and hated it. The burgers were small and tasteless much like the fries. In fact, the fries were so thin that I could literally taste no potato in them. It was like eating the crispy crunchy leftovers out of the bottom of the deep fryer. Gross!

At the end of it all, I had to ask myself why I waited in line so long to even try this. Even the person who I went with who lived in LA thought nothing of this chain, and urged me to go somewhere else. Haha.

Old 08-27-2013, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianreading View Post
This whole thread is the real joke. I went to In-N-Out in LA, and hated it. The burgers were small and tasteless much like the fries. In fact, the fries were so thin that I could literally taste no potato in them. It was like eating the crispy crunchy leftovers out of the bottom of the deep fryer. Gross!

At the end of it all, I had to ask myself why I waited in line so long to even try this. Even the person who I went with who lived in LA thought nothing of this chain, and urged me to go somewhere else. Haha.

Sure....

Old 08-27-2013, 09:50 AM

Quote:

Most are frozen.

Thats their whole gig. They make their buns, they process their hamburger, they chop potatos to order then fry them. Its a very simple place, there are 3 items on the menu, plus a few variations to them. Fries and shakes, thats all. They typically have the highest ratings in the fast food industry for a reason. They also have the best service in the industry, they pay better and all of their stores are company owned so they are completely consistent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas