Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2013, 09:39 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,125,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Haha you're too funny.

Have you ever HAD a Jucy's Burger?

They've been featured in Texas Monthly Magazine numerous times over the past 30+ years as one of the best tasting hamburgers in the state. Many famous faces have eaten there.
On the way back from Gulf Shores last year. The ice cream was better...

And InNOut gets way more foodie pub, celebrity chef endorsements, top zagats ratings, public opinions etc etc etc..... Jucys put mustard on there too, they can't be taken seriously...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2013, 09:56 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,977,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post

And InNOut gets way more foodie pub, celebrity chef endorsements, top zagats ratings, public opinions etc etc etc..... Jucys put mustard on there too, they can't be taken seriously...
I never get my burgers at Jucy's with mustard. They are made to order. If you don't want mustard, don't order it with mustard.

By the way, I would bet that there are a lot more locations of In and Out than there are Jucy's. Jucy's isn't competing with In and Out - they don't have to. They are a local, locally owned and very small chain. And it's fine by me if they stay that way!

They're a local favorite and I guess that's what really matters to them. And to us.

Old 03-31-2013, 09:58 PM

12,498 posts, read 27,004,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post

Jucy's hot & spicey beans alone are worth dying for...

Old 03-31-2013, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Jucy's hot & spicey beans alone are worth dying for...
There's no food worth dying for

Old 03-31-2013, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I never get my burgers at Jucy's with mustard. They are made to order. If you don't want mustard, don't order it with mustard.

By the way, I would bet that there are a lot more locations of In and Out than there are Jucy's. Jucy's isn't competing with In and Out - they don't have to. They are a local, locally owned and very small chain. And it's fine by me if they stay that way!

They're a local favorite and I guess that's what really matters to them. And to us.
The same sentiment is used for In N Out, they're relatively small but have invaded north Texas to huge crowds and rave reviews . But you have to like fresh everything....And amazing consistency and service.

Old 04-01-2013, 06:05 AM

1,180 posts, read 3,128,306 times
Quote:
Had In N Out on Saturday night (75 location) & the food was terrible!!! Their normally card board tasting fries were all soggy & cold & so were the burgers. Apparently the quality has dropped since being in the Dallas area a little over a year now.

I thought about taking my order back, but we were already in Uptown & plus it was raining.
That does not sound like what In N Out expects from their restaurants. The fries are fresh and are supposed to be made fresh when ordered. If they weren't you should have done the owners a favor (they are all family owned, no franchises) and reported what you experienced to their headquarters.

I've eaten at and enjoyed the food at both burger places. They're both decent fast food places. But, a person could have a bad experience at either one which would naturally taint that person's perception.

Btw, I don't blame anyone who gets a bit (maybe more than a bit) perturbed at those that move somewhere and then complain it's not like the place they left or who try and make the new place into the old one.

Old 04-01-2013, 10:22 AM

2,256 posts, read 2,132,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Honestly, you shouldn't make assumptions. Just go to a Jucy's instead. They are FAR from a "boutique" experience. They are more of a "dive" experience.
No longer in Texas. I do miss Whataburger though.

Amongst other things...

Old 04-01-2013, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelaki View Post
That does not sound like what In N Out expects from their restaurants. The fries are fresh and are supposed to be made fresh when ordered. If they weren't you should have done the owners a favor (they are all family owned, no franchises) and reported what you experienced to their headquarters.

I've eaten at and enjoyed the food at both burger places. They're both decent fast food places. But, a person could have a bad experience at either one which would naturally taint that person's perception.

Btw, I don't blame anyone who gets a bit (maybe more than a bit) perturbed at those that move somewhere and then complain it's not like the place they left or who try and make the new place into the old one.

I dont buy it, they are always made to order, even the fries. Matt always says he had a bad experience, but keeps going back....

Old 07-31-2013, 09:37 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,881,679 times
Speaking of burger joints, is Red Robin any good?

I've never seen such an extensive menu for a burger place.

Old 07-31-2013, 09:49 AM

2,919 posts, read 5,955,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
Speaking of burger joints, is Red Robin any good?

I've never seen such an extensive menu for a burger place.
I used to love Red Robin, but the one here has gone downhill. I don't know if it's just locally, or chain-wide.
We used to go there quite a bit, but the food & service both started to decline. Decided to give it a break, & didn't go back for over a year. When we did go back about a month ago, it was even worse!

This is why I think it must be the entire chain. I had their new "Wolverine" inspired burger (promo for the movie)--described on the menu as spicy, etc., it was bland as cardboard. They were touting their new "beer cocktails", so I tried one. It literally tasted like I was drinking hairspray ! My husband's Margarita was undrinkable. He ordered the "riblets", & we were dying laughing because we couldn't even determine what species said "riblets" we're from.

First time in 25 years we've left a restaurant without finishing our food or cocktails, lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas