Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2021, 05:49 PM

9,895 posts, read 10,839,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Cool story. Now explain why Beto beat out Cruz for the Native Texans vote

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/poli...outputType=amp
Well it is a cnn poll , so there is that...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2021, 05:55 PM

11,855 posts, read 8,074,133 times
Well to be fair there are a lot of things California is doing that is pushing people away. I can’t agree with their governing style at all and even if I could afford it, I wouldn’t move there. As an part-time Uber/Lyft driver in Austin metro area I get riders from California visiting here every weekend and through engaging them, about 2/3rds of them are very tired of the politics in CA… …So I will definitely agree that California is a bit too extreme in terms of governing.

I don’t think everything the leftist value is bad, but I will say some of the way things are being implemented is very folly to say the least and much of it is only built on half truths while covering up the other very important details to support their own propaganda.

I do believe they have desire to fix very real problems, but the issue is the methodology they’re implementing is a bit unforgiving and overbearing upon the middle-class and especially business owners. New York is very similar in this regard.

It’s easy to look at your current model and point out all the bull****…and Texas does have plenty of it… but I try to becareful to depict that the grass is always greener on the other side.. ..Abbott isn’t my mascot by any measure but I personally feel many of us have it much better than we think we do. We just don’t realize it because we haven’t seen how bad it can really get.

Old 11-17-2021, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Cool story. Now explain why Beto beat out Cruz for the Native Texans vote

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/poli...outputType=amp
Or you could look at the results of a more recent election in 2020. The border regions arguably some of the bluest districts in the state. Gonzales won by much larger margins than his predecessor Hurd in TX23 the largest border district in the country. Trump did remarkably better in 2020 than he did in 16. Probably a safe assumption that the percentages in those areas favor Native-Texans over Transplants.

Old 11-17-2021, 08:54 AM
Status: "Worship the Earth, Worship Love, not Imaginary Gods" (set 8 days ago)

8,393 posts, read 5,549,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Or you could look at the results of a more recent election in 2020. The border regions arguably some of the bluest districts in the state. Gonzales won by much larger margins than his predecessor Hurd in TX23 the largest border district in the country. Trump did remarkably better in 2020 than he did in 16. Probably a safe assumption that the percentages in those areas favor Native-Texans over Transplants.
Isolating one part of the state in an attempt to speak for the entire state is a pretty poor strategy.

Old 11-17-2021, 01:15 PM
Status: "Worship the Earth, Worship Love, not Imaginary Gods" (set 8 days ago)

8,393 posts, read 5,549,300 times
Quote:
Well it is a cnn poll , so there is that...
Were actually going to agree on something here.

I have read the polls that show that, but Im skeptical. The reason being is that there is an extremely high correlation between counties with lots of coastal transplants and those that have changed the most politically. Collin and Williamson Counties are ground zero for California transplants and those are, arguably, the ones that have changed the most in recent years.

Correlation doesnt mean causation so I am not saying its that way for sure, but its enough to make me question it.

Old 11-23-2021, 07:16 AM

2,223 posts, read 5,492,139 times
Quote:

It's one district. Look at the data of the last election (who voted for which party). You also know the 2020 Census. If not, I'd suggest you look at it and compare it to the previous Census. These facts speak for themselves. It's not really a matter of discussion.

Old 11-23-2021, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glucorious View Post
It's one district. Look at the data of the last election (who voted for which party). You also know the 2020 Census. If not, I'd suggest you look at it and compare it to the previous Census. These facts speak for themselves. It's not really a matter of discussion.
? point..?

Old 11-23-2021, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glucorious View Post
TBH I wouldn't take the last presidential election for truth over what is going to turnout for a local state election. Many moderates / slightly right-wing voted blue this election to remove an extreme-right wing leader and receive a slightly more diplomatic centrist. The next election will have alot more weight on what will effect people locally here in Texas and the true colors may end up showing to be entirely different than the colors of the last election.

We will see what happens though.

Old 11-23-2021, 01:45 PM

1,952 posts, read 833,062 times
Tell us you never plan on being elected without SAYING you never plan on being elected....

Beto: "hell yeah we're going to take your AR-15s...."

LOL

Beto is a joke and not going anywhere, as we see he is now doubling down on the anti-gun BS.

Old 11-23-2021, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Scott View Post
Tell us you never plan on being elected without SAYING you never plan on being elected....

Beto: "hell yeah we're going to take your AR-15s...."

LOL

Beto is a joke and not going anywhere, as we see he is now doubling down on the anti-gun BS.
Yeah, attacking gun culture in Texas is a surefire way to get your campaign eliminated, thats.. ..like telling Germans that after you get elected you're going to impose speed limits on all sections of the Autobahn...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas