Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2010, 05:50 PM

3,260 posts, read 8,765,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Dallas dont need ft worth to defend anything..you guys cant be serious!!!
We need Fort Worth. Dallas need Fort Worth and Fort Worth need Dallas, that is just the way it is.

Old 05-06-2010, 05:53 PM

46 posts, read 59,455 times
Classic Dallassite inspiration of the Winspear Opera House

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_8DfUOJtGfL...-tub-94689.jpg

Old 05-06-2010, 05:57 PM

3,260 posts, read 8,765,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbd51 View Post
Classic Dallassite inspiration of the Winspear Opera House

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_8DfUOJtGfL...-tub-94689.jpg
The winspear opera house is beautiful!

Pictures
http://www.fosterandpartners.com/con...098_medium.jpg

Old 05-06-2010, 06:01 PM

212 posts, read 477,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladarron View Post
The winspear opera house is beautiful!

Pictures
http://www.fosterandpartners.com/con...098_medium.jpg

The Winspear to me looks like the love child of Reunion Arena (RIP) and the Dallas Federal Reserve Bank....

Old 05-06-2010, 08:57 PM

10,750 posts, read 23,828,256 times
you guys are funny as hell, cracks me up

brought the drama of the opera show to the thread

Old 05-06-2010, 09:59 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,908,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Thats a lie!!!!....prove it!!!
Here
Here
Here, implying that Fort Worth is even more backwoods and behind in society as a whole....
Here
Here
Here
Here
And here, where someone stated a fact about the area, yet you had to jump up and say, "because we're big bad Dallas, that belongs to us!"

Only on the "Dallas vs. Fort Worth" thread I could care less. But when someone has something good to say about Fort Worth, it's attention away from D-town, so you just have to but in.

I mean what is it....? When people say somethin' about Fort Worth, is it like a diss to you Dallasites or something? You think everybody else uses us as somethin' to get back at Dallas with?

Nah, that's not fair.... even a Dallasite said we BOTH need eachother so obviously it's not all of ya. But really.... why?

Old 05-06-2010, 10:00 PM
JJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by caphillsea77 View Post
you guys are funny as hell, cracks me up

brought the drama of the opera show to the thread
Welcome to Texas.....

Old 05-06-2010, 10:04 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,843,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Here
Here
Here, implying that Fort Worth is even more backwoods and behind in society as a whole....
Here
Here
Here
Here
And here, where someone stated a fact about the area, yet you had to jump up and say, "because we're big bad Dallas, that belongs to us!"

Only on the "Dallas vs. Fort Worth" thread I could care less. But when someone has something good to say about Fort Worth, it's attention away from D-town, so you just have to but in.

I mean what is it....? When people say somethin' about Fort Worth, is it like a diss to you Dallasites or something? You think everybody else uses us as somethin' to get back at Dallas with?

Nah, that's not fair.... even a Dallasite said we BOTH need eachother so obviously it's not all of ya. But really.... why?
LMAOF...He said prove it and you pretty much proved it with all his post.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:06 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,751,740 times
All I got to say is thank God Texans arent like this in real life for the most part. Whether Im in Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth or wherever, people dont go out of their way to talk **** about another persons city. Very rarely have I heard people talk so negatively about cities in their own state in real life. In my experiance, it happend once in Houston about Dallas, but thats about it.

All of my friends in DFW live in Tarrant county. None have anything negative to say about Dallas when we talk about it. My coworkers in Dallas dont ever say anything negative about Fort Worth. We often go out there for fun.

Sometimes when some of you guys (not naming names) argue, you really bring the stereotypes of Texas to life. Sometimes people on here sound like complete morons. Especially when some from another city tries to say something nice about your city, and you turn around and trash his city.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:16 PM
JJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
LMAOF...He said prove it and you pretty much proved it with all his post.
That's not really ALL.... just the ones where Fort Worth (specifically downtown) is mentioned.

And again, folks to everyone who is new or rare to this forum (anyone who just joined or has under 250 posts) please understand.... I DO NOT HATE DALLAS. In fact, I even defended the city on several occations when anti-Dallas trolls spent all their time trashin' the city. And when it's a Houston vs. Dallas topic or somethin' like that, I tend to stay out of it. But when Fort Worth or Arlington is brought up in a reason other than saying that "it's next to Dallas", I have a problem with it.

Yeah it's another cross area rivalry that goes back to the 1800's, but it's not as intense as we're making it seem.

My problem, though, is when people do take the time to belittle some other city or opinion over, and over, and over again. It gets annoying. Trolling annoys. And forums should be a place where people share thoughts on a wide variety of topics.... not just one or two that you beat a dead horse with.

That's just my two cents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas