Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2013, 07:54 AM

2,009 posts, read 3,788,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
lol which one.

What color was his hair?
I think it's black and he has a long pontytail
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2013, 08:17 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,609,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sues1 View Post
I think it's black and he has a long pontytail

I know who you talking about now my partner calls 'The Shim' http://media.americanidol.com/img/Se...59902422949505

The shim name is 'Jada' or Josh Davila. This one AI seems to be keeping under wraps as I have yet to see perform in front of camera.

Old 02-09-2013, 09:44 AM

4,491 posts, read 5,002,502 times
I was thinking the same thing!!!
Why are they keeping shim on the down low. I don't think I heard him sing yet?
Something strange here.
Can't wait to hear the women.

Old 02-09-2013, 09:52 AM

2,009 posts, read 3,788,917 times
Quote:
I know who you talking about now my partner calls 'The Shim' http://media.americanidol.com/img/Se...59902422949505

The shim name is 'Jada' or Josh Davila. This one AI seems to be keeping under wraps as I have yet to see perform in front of camera.
Yea, that's him, he's just so annoying. Come to think of it, i didn't hear him sing either.

Old 02-15-2013, 11:55 AM

5,319 posts, read 9,001,632 times
Lots of very talented contestants this year.

That original opening song written by female contestant Angela Miller last night was terrific. Plus her vocals on it were spectacular. I was thinking the same thing Nicki Minaj stated ... it's a top 40 hit.

Angela Miller Next American Idol?!? AMAZING!!!! Solo Round in Hollywood - American Idol Season 12 - YouTube

Old 02-15-2013, 01:33 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,828,009 times
I thought Angela Miller was amazing too! I still don't get why Zonetta (I think that is her name) keeps making it through. She had that crazy made up song about the judges, and she was the one that butchered the National Anthem. She can't sing at all but I guess they put her through for her zany personality. But really this is a singing show!

Old 02-15-2013, 02:41 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,458,044 times
Quote:

Knock knock anyone home

Anyone watching or you guys still boycotting?
I skipped the hotel auditions in the various cities for the most part this year. Tired of seeing all the craptastic people who aren't serious about being contenders.

Much prefer the Hollywood round this way. All that drama with the separate rooms and the long walks and elevator rides was just ridiculously overdone.

There seems to be a lot of really amazing talent this year and the women in particular really stand out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post

Lots of very talented contestants this year.

That original opening song written by female contestant Angela Miller last night was terrific. Plus her vocals on it were spectacular. I was thinking the same thing Nicki Minaj stated ... it's a top 40 hit.

Angela Miller Next American Idol?!? AMAZING!!!! Solo Round in Hollywood - American Idol Season 12 - YouTube
OMG that was amazing. If she can keep it up, she could win this thing. The singer/songwriter thing is what propelled Phillip Phillips to victory.

And I adore Keith Urban. I had no idea he was this sweet and this funny! And I love how he gets into all the auditions, singing along with the contestants. I think I have a little crush. Squee.

Old 02-16-2013, 05:52 AM

50,443 posts, read 64,273,051 times
First of all, Nicki Minaj is really growing on me. At first she just seemed like a weirdo, but now she seems to have a handle on it, and has an interesting way of saying things.
I cannot even remember any of the males, except maybe the one with glasses who played the piano.
Several of the women are so good, that surely one of them will win this year.

Also, last summer, AI taped auditions here in Savannah, but on the auditions show Savannah was not even included. It surprised me that some audition cities do not get into the show.

Old 02-16-2013, 07:52 AM

1,872 posts, read 3,413,596 times
I think the girls are going to have it this season. Not seeing anything that blew me away from the guys. Of course they are keeping JohnnyK on the down low, probably saving him for the long haul ahead.

Old 02-16-2013, 10:49 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,271,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
First of all, Nicki Minaj is really growing on me. At first she just seemed like a weirdo, but now she seems to have a handle on it, and has an interesting way of saying things.
I cannot even remember any of the males, except maybe the one with glasses who played the piano.
Several of the women are so good, that surely one of them will win this year.
Agree about Nicki. DH believes this is the best judging group we've had since Simon left. Nicki cut Mariah off the other night during her one of her critiques. I get tired of listening to Mariah's non-critiques. I believe the judges when they say the decisions are so hard this year because there's some real talent this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV