Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2020, 08:09 PM

164 posts, read 141,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camal09 View Post
Well, finally got my 600 backpay!!! Shiiiit! Now I'm just thinking, if they implemented the 13 week extension for most of us back to the week of 4/4, we'll run out 4 weeks before the fpuc ends (if it ends july 25th-ish). Lowkey think that's not cool but whatever I guess
Quote:
Going to be interesting as my benefit year expires this week. I've been able to successfully claim for the extension via cares act though but that's going to end in another 2-3 weeks I believe. I wonder if I'll have to open a new claim at this point or if some extension happens
Quote:
I was reading some of the bureau of labor statistics and for nj they reported 3.7% unemployment rate for march and it shot up in april to 20% meanwhile we all know that the same unemployment rate wasn't remotely possible considering the downfall of their own ui system "due to high numbers of claims"

From what I read on the state extended benefits site, the unemployment rate has to be a rolling average of a certain percentage. I can almost bet they'll botch the numbers to claim less unemployment rate and say no extensions are needed. We shall see what happens. I'll enjoy my last few weeks meanwhile and maybe I can refile a new claim since my year expires this week.

I have been doing a lot of legislative research and have gathered and have a lot of information on this, and will probably be starting a separate Thread on this specific Subject; as I don't believe most people in this Thread are particularly interested in this topic... -- yet.

xoxo

-----
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2020, 08:25 PM

3,259 posts, read 2,768,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatgurl25 View Post
Both. And I didn't get that letter .
I'm in the same boat but received no notification yet, no letter saying eligible for PEUC extension. Exhausted benefits 7/20/19 and benefit year expired 1/20/19. Zip on any communication, now 12 weeks later and almost 3 weeks later since they put out the message they would be notifying exhausters over the next several weeks. It's ridiculous.

Old 06-15-2020, 06:21 AM

Did anyone encounter any Issues when trying to Certify for Weekly Benefits yesterday?

Like @Camal09, just after going all the way to putting in my SOCIAL for the 2nd time screen -- where usually you get the PIN Page, instead of the PIN page, I got this Error for the first time ever:

New Jersey Internet Application for
Claiming Weekly Unemployment Insurance Benefits
(b)
A system error occurred while processing your certification. Please check the schedule at

https://myunemployment.nj.gov/labor/...schedule.shtml

for your next chance to certify during the "Missed Your Time" window at the end of the day. We are working to correct this issue and apologize for this inconvenience.

Old 06-15-2020, 07:53 AM

28 posts, read 15,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderstorm00 View Post
Did anyone encounter any Issues when trying to Certify for Weekly Benefits yesterday?

Like @Camal09, just after going all the way to putting in my SOCIAL for the 2nd time screen -- where usually you get the PIN Page, instead of the PIN page, I got this Error for the first time ever:

New Jersey Internet Application for
Claiming Weekly Unemployment Insurance Benefits
(b)
A system error occurred while processing your certification. Please check the schedule at

https://myunemployment.nj.gov/labor/...schedule.shtml

for your next chance to certify during the "Missed Your Time" window at the end of the day. We are working to correct this issue and apologize for this inconvenience.
I had a similar problem last week. After filing for 5 weeks of the PEUC extension it suddenly went back to having a 0 balance. I downloaded an autoredial app last night and got through to a rep this am (732-761-2021). He told me my account didn't show anything about being on the extension. After a few more minutes on hold he said the account would be updated by the end of the day and I'd be paid for last week. Not idea the rhyme or reason for this happening

Old 06-15-2020, 08:04 AM

Excerpt from Governor's briefing June 11th.

We can also report today that every single one of the 70,000 residents who had exhausted their previous eligibility and are eligible for expanded federal benefits had been cleared to receive that assistance. All in all, more than $6 billion has flowed into New Jersey's households, and the department will not rest until every claim is settled and every penny is properly distributed.

Well i guess they skipped over me cause I sure as heck haven't seen claim status change or been notified via email, snail mail text or phone call.

Old 06-15-2020, 10:38 AM

Default Issue Resolved But Was Completely Unnecessary

Everyone,
I got my issue resolved through other means very quickly this morning, but that's also because it's not often that I just "lose it".
In addition, a complaint was filed at a level they couldn't ignore.

Thanks to Pelican63 and others who supported me and affirmed that this was not some arbitrary event and that I wasn't just seeing things.

@Scrap I'm starting to worry about you and find myself thinking about you all the time for some reason. I don't understand why this is happening to you. Let's just try to collectively figure out or at least get you an Answer one way or another -- whether you qualify or not -- or what they want to do with your situation even if it's having to file a New Claim; even though that is not what the Laws I have thoroughly read say under CARES. This is now starting to get even more disconcerting and especially relevant since we have now begun moving in a new direction altogether with the Extended Benefits chapter about to start rolling out.

Setting aside the notion that you might actually have fallen through the cracks for a second; Have you apart from waiting for a call back through your Elected Officials, finally actually actively reached out to and ever actually spoken to someone at NJ DOL about your specific situation and what could be going on with it?

Old 06-15-2020, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderstorm00 View Post
Everyone,
I got my issue resolved through other means very quickly this morning, but that's also because it's not often that I just "lose it".
In addition, a complaint was filed at a level they couldn't ignore.

Thanks to Pelican63 and others who supported me and affirmed that this was not some arbitrary event and that I wasn't just seeing things.

@Scrap I'm starting to worry about you and find myself thinking about you all the time for some reason. I don't understand why this is happening to you. Let's just try to collectively figure out or at least get you an Answer one way or another -- whether you qualify or not -- or what they want to do with your situation even if it's having to file a New Claim; even though that is not what the Laws I have thoroughly read say under CARES. This is now starting to get even more disconcerting and especially relevant since we have now begun moving in a new direction altogether with the Extended Benefits chapter about to start rolling out.

Setting aside the notion that you might actually have fallen through the cracks for a second; Have you apart from waiting for a call back through your Elected Officials, finally actually actively reached out to and ever actually spoken to someone at NJ DOL about your specific situation and what could be going on with it?
i emailed congressman again this morning quoting the 70K exhausters who've received benefits quote from Murphy on 6/11.

I just wish I could find at least one person with older exhausted benefits and expired claims who actually got notified. Under the guidelines which I've read over and over I should be eligible. I keep thinking a lot of other states are just starting to roll out PEUC this month and in July so maybe it's realistic to think that it's taking NJ DOL this time to sift through older exhausters from a lot further back? Ijust don't know the answer.

I've tried calling all the numbers. I keep checkign claim status thru their link thru the phone # listed and it shows nothing. Just gives me info from older claim .

Old 06-15-2020, 10:55 AM

6 posts, read 4,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scraprsmith View Post
i emailed congressman again this morning quoting the 70K exhausters who've received benefits quote from Murphy on 6/11.

I just wish I could find at least one person with older exhausted benefits and expired claims who actually got notified. Under the guidelines which I've read over and over I should be eligible. I keep thinking a lot of other states are just starting to roll out PEUC this month and in July so maybe it's realistic to think that it's taking NJ DOL this time to sift through older exhausters from a lot further back? Ijust don't know the answer.

I've tried calling all the numbers. I keep checkign claim status thru their link thru the phone # listed and it shows nothing. Just gives me info from older claim .
Still haven’t been able to claim benefits after the initial 8 weeks peuc. My benefit year expired the very next week so I wonder whether or not that is the reason I have been getting the error “your certification cannot be processed”

I did everything you have as well with no luck

Old 06-15-2020, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workingwonderer View Post
Still haven’t been able to claim benefits after the initial 8 weeks peuc. My benefit year expired the very next week so I wonder whether or not that is the reason I have been getting the error “your certification cannot be processed”

I did everything you have as well with no luck
the whole thing seems so easy in my mind for them to get in place so that it actually "works" How long have you been unable to certify weeks now? If they would just go in and resurrect expired benefit claim years and add the 13 weeks on to those eligible. Why is it such a task to do? smh

Old 06-15-2020, 12:02 PM

6 posts, read 4,456 times
I was able to certify the first week peuc was offered. I have been getting the error for two weeks and I tried claiming in all four time slots available just in case. This will be the third week if it doesn’t get resolved.I still have a claim balance over the phone but it’s different than the balance I had left after certifying the 8 weeks ( it matches the 5 leftover weeks multiplied by the lower weekly benefit rate they adjusted my account to for some reason
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment