Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 01:18 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallisdj View Post
If I may, I don't "believe" that there are ghosts.

I "know" that there are ghosts.

I posted elsewhere on this forum that I have experienced ghosts since I can remember, from childhood. My mother, grandmother, and great-grandmother also have had many experiences with ghosts.

To compare our experiences to the popular television shows that are ghost hunting is as different as fresh water is to salt water.

Over here in the Philippines, there is a belief in white ghosts and black ghosts (good and really malicious). I have yet to meet a black ghost, and I suspect that the determination between a white and black ghost is in the person who experiences this phenomenon. Ghosts cannot hurt you UNLESS you give it the power to do so.

What is a ghost? I have my theories and speculations. Unfortunately, I am as clueless or groundless to point at any one of these with any kind of positive declaration.
Black ghosts are the shadowpeople.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2011, 04:18 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,621,890 times
I believe in ghosts...I hope I never see one but I think sometimes the "dead" may have some unfinished business...

Old 02-03-2011, 04:25 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,928,336 times
The term "ghost" is misleading and indicates that people believe in beings ala "Casper."

In "reality," everything is energy and energy cannot die, therefore, when anything dies the energy either stays on this plane or moves to another plane where we on this plane can no longer discern it. It doesn't bother us because it has moved on.

Sometimes when people die, they are not aware they are dead, or for some reason stay bound to Earth (perhaps traumatic, unresolved issues) . . . those beings are what people refer to as "ghosts." They remain stuck on this plane and they can cause problems by moving things, or interfering where they are not wanted.

If you encounter such beings, you can tell them to "move on to the light," and there are other rituals that will help them move along.

Whenever you move to a new house or a new, old house, you can sage to clean the energy of the house and ask any lingering spirits to move out of your environment. There are people who specialize in doing rituals to assist stuck spirits in moving on.

But to simply say people "believe in ghosts," without understanding the subject from a more sophisticated perspective makes it seem very childish and stupid.

Old 02-03-2011, 04:36 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,443,995 times
Default 150,000,000 Americans believe in Ghosts?

<sniff>

Smells like BS.

Old 02-03-2011, 06:26 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,250,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Not necessarily: Mind Control 101: Creating Mass Hallucinations (http://mindcontrol101.blogspot.com/2006/03/creating-mass-hallucinations.html - broken link)
yeah mind control,but there was no-one tryin to control our minds that night,we just walked into a field,and saw a ghostly figure rocket across the field,stop for a few seconds then float off into the shadows,it was the third time a freind of ours had seen it,he was tellin us about it for weeks,after the first time,i didnt beleive him,the second time i was there,and didnt see anything,but cought a glimpse of something,but wasnt sure,while i was watching me mate stare at something that i couldnt see,kinda freeked me out,but freaked him out worse.but the time i actually saw it we knew straight away what it was,there is a part of the story that i dont usually tell,cause its hard to beleive,when we did tell people no-one beleived but we all saw what we saw,we were only 15 at the time,used to hang around in the woods,where there was an old castle,and a couple of fields around the boundaries of the woods,many a story of strange sightings from that place.

Old 02-03-2011, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
The term "ghost" is misleading and indicates that people believe in beings ala "Casper."

In "reality," everything is energy and energy cannot die, therefore, when anything dies the energy either stays on this plane or moves to another plane where we on this plane can no longer discern it. It doesn't bother us because it has moved on.

Sometimes when people die, they are not aware they are dead, or for some reason stay bound to Earth (perhaps traumatic, unresolved issues) . . . those beings are what people refer to as "ghosts." They remain stuck on this plane and they can cause problems by moving things, or interfering where they are not wanted.

If you encounter such beings, you can tell them to "move on to the light," and there are other rituals that will help them move along.

Whenever you move to a new house or a new, old house, you can sage to clean the energy of the house and ask any lingering spirits to move out of your environment. There are people who specialize in doing rituals to assist stuck spirits in moving on.

But to simply say people "believe in ghosts," without understanding the subject from a more sophisticated perspective makes it seem very childish and stupid.

Old 02-04-2011, 03:29 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,619,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
yeah mind control,but there was no-one tryin to control our minds- a freind of ours had seen it,he was tellin us about it for weeks,after the first time,i didnt beleive him,the second time i was there,and didnt see anything,but cought a glimpse of something,
This is pretty much how the power of suggestion (AKA: mind control) works.

Old 02-04-2011, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post

Quite true. I also know that the majority of Christians believe that "ghosts" are not really the spirits of dead people but actually demonic spirits impersonating them. Many layers of sophistication but still all with a basic premise that unseen beings are interacting with the physical world.

So, I am not so much criticizing a belief in spirit beings or an afterlife from a faith/philosophical standpoint but from the standpoint of so many believing the tall tales of ghosts running around and wreaking (real physical) havoc.

Old 02-04-2011, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallisdj View Post
I suspect that the determination between a white and black ghost is in the person who experiences this phenomenon. Ghosts cannot hurt you UNLESS you give it the power to do so.
This would confirm my suspicion that it's all happening in the mind of the experiencer.

Old 02-04-2011, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
This is pretty much how the power of suggestion (AKA: mind control) works.
and magically managed to control our minds?????,you beleive that but you wont beleive peoples experiences
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal