Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2011, 08:52 PM

2,028 posts, read 5,431,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rural lady View Post
I looked up Cold Feet is on Amazon, $20 for pilot and 1st series, I'll need to take a look at blockbuster mail rentals to see if available, slowly blockbuster mail rentals are getting BBC's its taken them years.

Amazon.com: Cold Feet - Pilot and Complete First Series: James Nesbitt, Helen Baxendale, John Thomson, Fay Ripley, Robert Bathurst, Hermione Norris, Stephen Mapes, Kathryn Hunt, John Griffen, Mark Andrews, Mark Crowshaw, Mike Bullen, Declan Lowney, M
yes -we're in the US.
We just cancelled our satellite TV service.Sick of paying $50 per month for the 2 or 3 channels we watched. We didn't even have the local channels or BBCA. I agree that BBCA is pretty pathetic and anything that's on we've probably already seen before we came out here.

We have UKiVPN and are going to get Hulu plus/premium or whatever it is.

The thread on here re regional accents reminded me of Auf Wiedersehen Pet- Geordie, Brummy, Mancurian, Welsh and Scousse are all there.

Cold feet is so funny, but also quite emotional in places too. Definitely worth watching.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2011, 01:07 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,982,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsthenews View Post
yes -we're in the US.
We just cancelled our satellite TV service.Sick of paying $50 per month for the 2 or 3 channels we watched. We didn't even have the local channels or BBCA. I agree that BBCA is pretty pathetic and anything that's on we've probably already seen before we came out here.

We have UKiVPN and are going to get Hulu plus/premium or whatever it is.

The thread on here re regional accents reminded me of Auf Wiedersehen Pet- Geordie, Brummy, Mancurian, Welsh and Scousse are all there.

Cold feet is so funny, but also quite emotional in places too. Definitely worth watching.
I was reading that thread on accents also, where I am in the NE we run our words togeter, when in another state at times they have no idea what I am talking about. We call a faucet a spigot, out northwest they just looked at me as if I were a nut, then I had to say Faucet.

I'll need to look into Hulu, I wish I knew more about electronics, I can't figure how to run your computer to the TV, I have a newer TV but it seems I'd need to buy another computer to keep in our living room to see the streaming stuff I see on amazon and blockbuster.

To think I once knew DOS programming years and years ago and now something that is easy to others seems like a project to me.

I think I'll need to go to the electronic forums to figure this out, some really helpful people there.

My Sat tv is direct tv, before I came online, I was disgusted with nothing worth while on, I was looking at "How's it Made" this time is was about how they make rock salt and clothespins, it is really interesting at times.

Other than that all repeats, on occasion I view QVC but I hate that all they show is jewelry or computers mostly, I like the purses and shoes once in awhile and will be watching a bit more for different Xmas type gifts.

Old 11-06-2011, 01:22 AM

I watched Brave 2 Zero with Sean Bean, about English soldiers fighting in Iraq, that one I need to put on the CC, it was good, oh..the torture seen what our soldiers must go thru, this was based on a true story.

I watched "The girl with the dragon tattoo" awhile back, I think a Swedish film, didn't have the cc on that dvd but I got the idea, some graphic sex scenes in that.

Last week I viewed the other one with the gal in it "the girl that played with fire" was not as good, it had CC but this was more graphic with the sex stuff, why they need that in films I can't figure, I mean most people can figure what's going to happen there, why we need to see these actors in the bed etc is beyond me, and to think they were complaining here about Kate Winslet in Titanic was quite mild compared to some.

Have you guys seen "Quills" with Geoffrey Rush, Kate Winslet, Michael Caine?

I think Geoffrey Rush is terrific in everything I've seen him in.

Old 11-06-2011, 07:36 AM

7,956 posts, read 11,851,498 times
channel 4s mini series "top boy" was good, would recommend it.

Old 11-07-2011, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
channel 4s mini series "top boy" was good, would recommend it.
Thanks will look it up, where is Dundee? I know I've heard of it.

Old 11-07-2011, 12:21 AM

Garrow's Law 2 is now available at Amazon

Old 11-07-2011, 05:48 AM

West End.

Old 11-07-2011, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rural lady View Post
Thanks will look it up, where is Dundee? I know I've heard of it.
In Scotland.

Old 11-14-2011, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
In Scotland.

Thanks for that , we have a westend also in my town in the US, I have some Scot/Irish in my blood.

Last edited by rural lady; 11-14-2011 at 02:30 AM..

Old 11-14-2011, 01:59 AM

I finished "Garrows Law" season 2, really good.

I can't understand why there are only 4 shows to a season, is that the way it shows in the UK as 4 shows=season 2?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom