Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2011, 01:38 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,982,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaMarley View Post
Used to be a big fan of Masterpiece Theater, couldn't stay away from it.. the show about all those maids and butlers who worked for the Upper Crust in England.. was fascinating to me.. but that's a very old show..

Now I'm into Eastenders, Keeping up Appearances, and a few other English shows... Monty Python's flying circus was to die for though.. Great visuals, remember the great animator for that series? Too funny for words!
I loved "keep up with appearances" she's hilarious
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2011, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
Ah, you can't beat a good old English murder!

Oxford, St Mary Mead and the Midsomer villages make New York look tame!
I can't wait to see these!

Old 09-15-2011, 01:45 AM

I mentioned I loved " Luther"

In the 4th show, the gal who's husband was killing girls, the police get him, then she hits him in the head a few times with a hammer, I know she was in another BBC detective series, she was younger and I can't remember the name of the series, anyone know?

Old 09-15-2011, 08:11 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,114,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rural lady View Post
I'm watching Hyacinth as a detective now, Hetty Wainthrope ( I spelled that wrong)

I'll have to check on the Eastenders.

Its a shame our BBCA doesn't show anything good at all, with exception of Law & Order UK I think 2 shows airs 2x week, I record these, they keep showing Star Trek Next Gen, never any BBC series or movies, not in my area in the Northeast PA.

Don't BBCA think that the USA Star Trek Fans have seen all of the Star Trek series...because a British actor is in that, they call it BBC

The USA should take some hints from BBC series, especially the drama's.
I SO agree. I use to watch BBCA all the time and now I haven't watched it in months. They have the opportunity to capture a nice ready made market of people who love British mysteries and comedies and they are squandering that opportunity completely.

Old 10-08-2011, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
Garrow's Law
Thank you, thank you, I've just been able to rent this, Great series.

Old 10-08-2011, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I SO agree. I use to watch BBCA all the time and now I haven't watched it in months. They have the opportunity to capture a nice ready made market of people who love British mysteries and comedies and they are squandering that opportunity completely.
It doesn't make any sense, this would be a premium channel I would suscribe to, it irks me how much it cost to buy the BBC series or movies here in the USA, I am thinking about buying an all region DVD player.

I just watched part 1 -2 of Garrow's Law its really great!

Old 10-09-2011, 02:04 AM

16,674 posts, read 17,442,775 times
Quote:
I mentioned I loved " Luther"

In the 4th show, the gal who's husband was killing girls, the police get him, then she hits him in the head a few times with a hammer, I know she was in another BBC detective series, she was younger and I can't remember the name of the series, anyone know?
I've never watched Luther or the series which is the answer to your question, but I like doing detective work.

Seems that the answer is Spooks;

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1607149/

Nicola Walker - IMDb

Old 10-10-2011, 01:45 PM

2,028 posts, read 5,431,626 times
Quote:
It doesn't make any sense, this would be a premium channel I would suscribe to, it irks me how much it cost to buy the BBC series or movies here in the USA, I am thinking about buying an all region DVD player.

I just watched part 1 -2 of Garrow's Law its really great!
If you register with UKiVPN and pay $10 per month you can watch as much UK TV via BBC i player,Channel 4 OD etc etc as you want via the internet.
UKiVPN VPN Service to UK, US and Canada

We have our lap top connected to the TV.
Tip- we can't watch in HD from BBC i player- our internet or UKiVPN musn't ne fast enough so we watch in SD.

Would like to recommend Waking the Dead, another decent TV series that bit the dust this year.
Spooks is our current favorite, but we are also avid Eastenders fans.
Just noticed a series called "The Body Farm"-looks like someone from waking the dead is in it.
Any good?
Also Grand Designs and Jamies American food revolution! -both on 4.

Minder on ITV.

Would love to know how we could watch ITVs Cold feet http://www.tv.com/shows/cold-feet/ (broken link) again. Didn't see all the series episodes, plus our son who wasn't born then is 16 and would love it.

Last edited by Whatsthenews; 10-10-2011 at 02:03 PM..

Old 10-12-2011, 10:45 AM

7,956 posts, read 11,850,606 times
Luther, the shadow line and spooks

Old 10-12-2011, 11:36 AM

3,059 posts, read 8,287,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
Luther, the shadow line and spooks
I second the Luther and Spooks suggestions!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom