Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2015, 01:42 PM

83,545 posts, read 75,390,209 times

Advertisements

There's still watches out for most of VT so heads up.
Keep the radar handy and the twitter feeds.

https://twitter.com/weatherchannel/s...31453846605824
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2015, 01:43 PM

Eric Fisher is another good one to follow. I have over 1000 (many not from our area). I should make a list one day and put into my blog or something

https://twitter.com/ericfisher

Old 06-24-2015, 06:18 AM

2,062 posts, read 3,963,886 times
Heard the rumblings just north of us but we didn't get hit with anything but a quick shower yesterday afternoon...hope we can dry out for a bit now!

Old 06-25-2015, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkln View Post
hope we can dry out for a bit now!
Nope... have you seen the latest forecasts? Unbelieveable...more rain..
In fact.. a tightly wound up storm rounding the base of the trough heading to Great Lakes and New England with a ton of rain coming Saturday. This on top of the rain tonight.

Let it stop. lol

Burlington Vermont making a run for wettest June on record.

This is not tropical but a very Fall looking pattern. We don't usually get storms that blow up like this let alone a trough in summer. We have, but not often.

https://twitter.com/NWSBurlington/st...48246366240769

Old 06-26-2015, 04:56 AM

Groaaaan. I looked at next weeks forecast. Does not look pretty. Luckily we have today and tomorrow....!

Old 06-26-2015, 03:31 PM

Couple discussions from different offices. We don't get big storms like this on land in the Summer time. This is a Fall like pattern. Try read all these, some interesting stuff. Much more with link and more details.

Very interesting with the torching heat and humidity in the south, this strong storm pulling that up against the mountains, add fetch off the Atlantic ocean and 3 Low Pressures... Soaking rains and wind swept at times. interesting weather.

Quote:
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE ALBANY NY
520 PM EDT FRI JUN 26 2015

AN IMPRESSIVE STORM WILL DEVELOP ACROSS THE OHIO VALLEY ANDIMPACT OUR REGION THIS WEEKEND...

POTENTIAL FOR A SECONDARY SURFACE LOW TO DEVELOP TO THE EAST OF THE MAIN CENTER...BUT IT IS NOT NEARLY AS STRONG AS EARLIER RUNS HAD SHOWN

BESIDES THE RAIN...THE OTHER FACTOR OF CONCERN WILL BE SOUTHEAST WINDS AHEAD OF THE OCCLUDED FRONT. THERE IS THE POTENTIAL FOR ADVISORY LEVEL WINDS SATURDAY NIGHT IN THOSE AREAS PRONE TO STRONG DOWNSLOPING WHEN THERE IS A STRONG SOUTHEAST GRADIENT (MAINLY THE SOUTHERN GREEN MOUNTAINS...THE BERKSHIRES AND THE NORTHERN AND
CENTRAL TACONICS.

Quote:
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TAUNTON MA
352 PM EDT FRI JUN 26 2015

WHAT TIME OF YEAR IS IT? LOW ANOMALOUS UPPER TROF COMBINED WITH STRONG LATE JUNE UPPER LVL JET ENTRANCE REGION AND PV ANOMALY ALL COMBINE TO YIELD A VERY STRONG INSIDE RUNNER LOW PRES WHICH WILL BE OCCLUDING AS IT SLIDES NE OUT OF THE GREAT LAKES

WINDSWEPT SOAKING RAIN INTO SUNDAY MORNING THEN IMPROVING LATE MORNING THROUGH THE AFTERNOON

THIS PATTERN IS EERILY SIMILAR TO OTHER TROPICAL-LIKE PATTERNS THAT HAVE YIELDED QUICK TORNADO OR LOCALIZED SVR WINDS WE HAVE SEEN IN THE PAST

PERSISTENT RIDGING IN THE WESTERN CONUS THROUGHOUT THE EXTENDED PERIOD WILL LEAD TO DOWNSTREAM TROF ACROSS THE GT LAKES

SUNDAY...
TRIPLE POINT LOW WILL BE MOVING INTO SNE AND LOCALLY HEAVY RAIN AND ISOLD TSTMS WILL BE ONGOING EARLY SUN MORNING ACROSS SNE
Quote:
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NEW YORK NY
447 PM EDT FRI JUN 26 2015

DEEPENING SFC LOW PRESSURE WILL EMERGE FROM THE OHIO VALLEY ON SAT MORNING TRACK SLOWLY NE...WITH SECONDARY LOW DEVELOPMENT NEAR THE DELMARVA SAT NIGHT.

IN ADDITION...A STRONG EASTERLY FLOW WILL GUST UP TO 35 MPH SAT NIGHT...HIGHEST AT THE COAST.

THERE IS A MODERATE RISK FOR RIP CURRENTS AT OCEAN BEACHES.
Quote:
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MOUNT HOLLY NJ
417 PM EDT FRI JUN 26 2015

WHAT WE ARE FOCUSING ON MAINLY IS THE LONG EASTERLY FETCH OFF THE ATLANTIC THAT WILL USE THE OUR WESTERN ZONE UPSLOPE COMPONENT TO HELP LOCALLY ENHANCE RAINFALL. PWATS ARE EXPECTED TO CLIMB UP TOWARDS THE 2 INCH MARK WITH A SECONDARY LOW PRESSURE FORMING RIGHT AROUND THE CITY LATE TONIGHT...TRIPLE POINT ENHANCEMENT. LASTLY, A 45-50 KNOTS 850MB JET PUMPING INTO THE AREA WITH A VERY STRONG ISENTROPIC LIFT WILL FURTHER HELP THE HEAVY RAIN POTENTIAL.
Quote:
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE STATE COLLEGE PA
352 PM EDT FRI JUN 26 2015

A REAL DRENCHER IS IN STORE FOR ALL OF THE FCST AREA SATURDAY.

ASSOCIATED SFC LOW /APPROX 1000 MB/ WILL LIKELY TAKE A TRACK ACROSS NWRN PENN AND SRN NEW YORK STATE...WITH WEAK MILLER-B TYPE REDEVELOPMENT NEAR THE SRN NJ COAST SAT NIGHT.

THE DEEP CLOSED UPPER-LEVEL CYCLONE CENTERED NEAR LAKE ERIE AT THE START OF THE PERIOD WILL GRADUALLY DEAMPLIFY AS IT LIFTS NWD INTO SOUTHERN QUEBEC BY 12Z MONDAY...WHILE ANOTHER MID-LEVEL SHORTWAVE TROUGH DIVES SOUTHEAST FROM THE UPPER MIDWEST INTO THE OHIO VALLEY AND REINFORCES THE LARGE SCALE MEAN TROUGH OVER THE EASTERN U.S. MODEL DATA SHOWS LIGHT RAIN WRAPPING AROUND THE BACKSIDE OF THE CLOSED LOW IN A WINTERTIME FASHION WHICH WILL FAVOR HIGH POPS OVER THE NW MTNS ON DAY 3/SUNDAY.

THESE NRN STREAM SYSTEMS WILL PACK MUCH LESS OF A PUNCH COMPARED TO THE UNSEASONABLY STRONG SYSTEM IMPACTING THE AREA THIS WEEKEND...BUT NONETHELESS IT WILL PROLONG THE PERSISTENT UNSETTLED/WET PATTERN THAT WE HAVE BEEN IN FOR THE LAST 30 DAYS OR SO.

Last edited by Cambium; 06-26-2015 at 03:41 PM..

Old 06-27-2015, 12:25 PM

https://twitter.com/NWSAlbany/status/614861866708267009

Old 06-28-2015, 12:34 AM

10,855 posts, read 6,375,064 times
Hourly weather forecast said 56 degrees for evening & overnight, only increasing to 62 Sun. afternoon.
Rain began in Brattleboro Sat. around 5:30 p.m. or so, shortly after I came in from walking.
The ground does need the moisture, and it seems we'll get an inch or more by Monday.
However, I'm hoping for clear skies next Saturday, for the July 4th fireworks display.

Old 06-29-2015, 04:29 AM

Cool idea! Someone created a map of where weather forum members live. We need some active ones from New England as its too empty. Cool to see Europe and other spots too.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/weather/2397200-weather-forum-poster-map.html

Old 06-29-2015, 04:49 AM

Hmmm I'd feel a bit like a fake if I posted up there lol...only time I'm on the weather forum is when crazy stuff is happening and I want to check in on what you guys are predicting ha ha!!! But it is cool to see how everyone is spread out!!!

I would put some money down that we are now officially in the wettest June on record. Am I right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont