Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the Dorky Kid Buy a PS3 or an XBox 360 (and why)?
PS3 67 59.29%
XBox 360 46 40.71%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 10:53 PM

71 posts, read 174,880 times

Advertisements

I'm pretty sure, but the elite ends up costing more than than the ps3 then huh? And for the longest time the reason people flocked to the 360 was because it was much cheaper. Now that its getting in the same price range, what's stopping people from getting a ps3?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2008, 05:09 AM

6,993 posts, read 17,373,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayareaforlife View Post
I'm pretty sure, but the elite ends up costing more than than the ps3 then huh? And for the longest time the reason people flocked to the 360 was because it was much cheaper. Now that its getting in the same price range, what's stopping people from getting a ps3?
nothing, thats why the ps3 outsold the 360 for the first time last month

Old 02-26-2008, 08:45 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,668,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
Guys,

Use gamefly to rent the games and if you like it you can but it from them for about 20 dollars less than a store has them.
Totally agree. I love my Gamefly account, and when I keep games from Gamefly, it's significantly cheaper than buying from Gamestop or the like.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:38 AM

14,994 posts, read 23,903,426 times
Quote:
nothing, thats why the ps3 outsold the 360 for the first time last month
Interesting fact that as late as November (according to Gameinformer magazine) PS2 system sales were greater than PS3 sales and pretty darn close to 360 sales.
Gives you some idea of the popularity and success of that platform, even with game development being discontinued. But that was 3 months ago...

Old 02-27-2008, 09:10 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,174,301 times
Honestly, I would go with the Xbox 360. The downloadable content that Microsoft offers gives every game an amazing extension that none of the other Next Generation systems offer. Then get a PS3. Have both, be happy. Game on!

Old 02-28-2008, 12:17 AM

71 posts, read 174,880 times
Yes, game on. When I've played the 360 I have no complaints whatsoever, graphics seem great and love the games, just would rather buy a ps3, seems almost like a computer with so many features. Wireless keyboard and internet availability, check your e-mail in your tv room on a big tv.

Old 02-28-2008, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuharai View Post
Honestly, I would go with the Xbox 360. The downloadable content that Microsoft offers gives every game an amazing extension that none of the other Next Generation systems offer. Then get a PS3. Have both, be happy. Game on!
there is TONS of downloadable content for the PS3. In fact the PS3 is the first system to allow USER CREATED content. Just look into Unreal Tournament for PS3, has all I have just mentioned.

Only thing I would say the PS3 has that we dont have is downloadable movies and music and supposedly thats coming

Old 02-28-2008, 09:59 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,174,301 times
Quote:
there is TONS of downloadable content for the PS3. In fact the PS3 is the first system to allow USER CREATED content. Just look into Unreal Tournament for PS3, has all I have just mentioned.
I stand corrected, then. The only source I have for the PS3 right now is my FIL - who says the downloadable content is "trash compared to what you've shown me with the 360" - quoth him.

To each his own, really. I would rather (eventually) have all systems and not have to make a choice in the matter. The only system I am missing is the PS3 - which is an upcoming birthday gift.

Old 02-28-2008, 01:00 PM

Location: Originally Fayetteville, Arkansas/ now Seattle, Washington!
1,047 posts, read 3,948,634 times
I would say go with Xbox 360 100%. I own 360 ps3 and wii, and my 360 is BY FAR used the most(though the free easy to use internet on Wii is sweet! MoHH2 is excellent online!). The only thing i use my ps3 for is watching blu ray movies, which look awesome, but there aren't many out yet :/. I've bought a couple of games for ps3, but ended up returning them all the next day lol cause i got so bored with them so fast. The only ps3 game as of now i can think of that i want to play is ratchet and clank future:tools of destruction. But I just got Lost Odyssey for 360 lol, so R&C is just gonna have to wait! Plus no rumble on the ps3 controllers drives me crazy! It is one of those things that you don't realize that you are used to it until you don't have it, then its like this is driving me nuts! Overall i say if you want the console for the games(+regular dvd player) definatly go with 360. If you just want a blu ray player, go with ps3!

Old 02-28-2008, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuharai View Post
I stand corrected, then. The only source I have for the PS3 right now is my FIL - who says the downloadable content is "trash compared to what you've shown me with the 360" - quoth him.

To each his own, really. I would rather (eventually) have all systems and not have to make a choice in the matter. The only system I am missing is the PS3 - which is an upcoming birthday gift.
no no dont get me wrong. The PS3, doesn't have the level of content that the 360 has. But you have to remember, 360 has a year head start. So more content naturally. Give it more time and it will catch up.

As for owning all the systems. I had the 360 but I didn't like the exclusives that much so I got rid of it. Now I just have the psp and ps3. The functionality between the two is phenomenal!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games