Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2019, 08:25 AM

7,363 posts, read 8,413,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usuariodeldia View Post
Noone cares about the winter olympics. Just a few countries can compete anyway. Only 2 winter games for a country that is in winter temperatures for a long time of the year is nothing.
Most of Europe, East Asia, North America even some South American countries is a few? Some one needs to learn how to count.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2019, 08:27 AM

1,136 posts, read 527,084 times
They are both not as good as Nordic countries for people wishing to move to a developed country.
For living, they are both better than the US and UK except they are not big powers or important economies or global financial centres. Canada doesn't attract people hating cold temperatures and snow. Canada is the second largest economy in North America. Australia is the largest in Oceania.

Old 12-14-2019, 11:03 AM

570 posts, read 509,817 times

Last edited by usuariodeldia; 12-14-2019 at 11:11 AM..

Old 12-14-2019, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Exactly. This guy also forgets Montreal has a metro system, and I guarantee he never knew Montreal had communter trains.
Why do you assume that? Lol - Now that u reminded me of that, the commuter trains in Sydney are nicer too. And the fares are confusing. I remember one day I got stuck at Longueuil metro station because my monthly card didn't include it. While in Sydney, the monthly cap is $50 and you can use it all the way to Newcastle (3 hours away from Sydney!!). The metro in Montreal is insufficient for the size of the city and hasn't built any station for many decades.

Old 12-14-2019, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Most of Europe, East Asia, North America even some South American countries is a few? Some one needs to learn how to count.
Yeah sure! I'm pretty sure billions of people around the world stop their time of the day to watch the Canadian hockey team. Besides, who can even remember that PyeongChang did those games only a year ago?!

Old 12-14-2019, 11:16 AM

7,363 posts, read 8,413,646 times
Quote:
The metro in Montreal is insufficient for the size of the city and hasn't built any station for many decades.
Wrong again. lol

Old 12-14-2019, 02:20 PM

1,798 posts, read 1,126,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomboy- View Post
They are both not as good as Nordic countries for people wishing to move to a developed country.
For living, they are both better than the US and UK except they are not big powers or important economies or global financial centres.
All of these countries are pretty much at the top of most quality of life or human development measures. I think it completely depends on your circumstances. Frankly, I don't care about how great Iceland or Finland is on paper. I would never in a million years choose to live there over Canada, Australia, the U.S., etc.

Old 12-14-2019, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Wrong again. lol
What's wrong?! The system only has 4 lines, last line was built in the late 80's and the last station was opened 12 years ago, how can you call that progress? Montreal has a big record of failures thanks to the disastrous Mirabel Airport. And locals know that the most famous street of the city is "Rue Barrée"
It seems like someone doesn't want to accept the reality.

Old 12-14-2019, 04:17 PM

565 posts, read 672,804 times
Quote:
What's wrong?! The system only has 4 lines, last line was built in the late 80's and the last station was opened 12 years ago, how can you call that progress?
Well, that’s 3 more lines than Sydney, and we have 72km under construction... Just saying

Quote:
Montreal has a big record of failures thanks to the disastrous Mirabel Airport.
That’s a federal government failure, the city and province have nothing to do with it. Anyway it was 40 years ago. What does this have to do with current transit developments?

Last edited by begratto; 12-14-2019 at 04:25 PM..

Old 12-14-2019, 04:23 PM

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World