Ahoskie, North Carolina
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||40.0 years|
|North Carolina median age:||37.9 years|
Zip codes: 27910.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $17,557 (it was $17,203 in 2000)
Ahoskie town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $91,314 (it was $75,800 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2013: $628.
Races in Ahoskie, NC (2013)
- 3,38465.6%Black alone
- 1,45928.3%White alone
- 1012.0%Asian alone
- 831.6%Two or more races
- 691.3%American Indian alone
- 240.5%Other race alone
Recent articles from our blog. Our writers, many of them Ph.D. graduates or candidates, create easy-to-read articles on a wide variety of topics.
- The decline of the U.S. Agriculture industry visualized Apr 23
- The revenues and net sales of Samsonite Apr 21
- Crowfunding is a fast-increasing market Apr 19
- The number of jobs in Construction is falling across the U.S. Apr 17
- Higher local employment numbers lead to higher payrolls, especially in finance Apr 15
|Proposed I-795 Quad East loop (264 replies)|
|Coastal and Eastern NC projects included in NCDOT's draft 2018-2027 STIP (3 replies)|
|Greenville Area Developments (7922 replies)|
|Coastal North Carolina (3 replies)|
|Relocating from MD to NC, need help! (9 replies)|
|Relocation to Elizabeth City, North Carolina? (9 replies)|
Latest news from Ahoskie, NC collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: United States (7.2%), English (5.5%), Irish (3.6%), Subsaharan African (2.5%), German (2.4%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Elevation: 53 feet
Land area: 2.66 square miles.
Population density: 1,872 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Ahoskie:
- High school or higher: 71.7%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 17.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 6.2%
- Unemployed: 12.1%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 19.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Ahoskie town:
- Never married: 35.0%
- Now married: 35.4%
- Separated: 5.2%
- Widowed: 12.7%
- Divorced: 11.8%
137 residents are foreign born (0.5% Latin America).
According to our research of North Carolina and other state lists there were 25 registered sex offenders living in Ahoskie, North Carolina as of April 24, 2017.
The ratio of number of residents in Ahoskie to the number of sex offenders is 200 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2013: $1,286 (1.3%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2013: $1,398 (1.6%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Suffolk, VA (37.8 miles , pop. 63,677).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Norfolk, VA (57.8 miles , pop. 234,403).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Philadelphia, PA (275.6 miles , pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: Powellsville, NC (2.3 miles ), Cofield, NC (2.6 miles ), Winton, NC (2.8 miles ), Aulander, NC (2.8 miles ), Harrellsville, NC (3.3 miles) , Askewville, NC (3.5 miles) , Murfreesboro, NC (3.5 miles ), Woodland, NC (3.6 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 2007: 6 buildings, average cost: $153,800
- 2008: 3 buildings, average cost: $115,700
- 2009: 2 buildings, average cost: $100,000
- 2010: 1 building, cost: $56,700
- 2011: 2 buildings, average cost: $171,500
- 2013: 1 building, cost: $112,500
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 36.29 N, Longitude: 76.99 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: +2,642 (+51.9%)
Workers who live and work in this town: 931 (53.1%)
Area code: 252
|Crime rates in Ahoskie by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 284.5)||717.8||956.2||456.4||485.7||734.2||480.4||502.2||501.9||683.4|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Ahoskie detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||3.59|
|North Carolina average:||2.41|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: -81 (-1.8%).
- Manufacturing (22%)
- Educational services (12%)
- Transportation and warehousing (11%)
- Retail trade (9%)
- Public administration (7%)
- Health care and social assistance (7%)
- Wholesale trade (6%)
- Health care and social assistance (40%)
- Retail trade (13%)
- Educational services (9%)
- Accommodation and food services (9%)
- Public administration (8%)
- Manufacturing (8%)
- Other services, except public administration (4%)
- Production occupations (13%)
- Transportation occupations (12%)
- Material moving occupations (11%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (8%)
- Management occupations (7%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (6%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (5%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (16%)
- Sales and related occupations (14%)
- Healthcare support occupations (11%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (8%)
- Management occupations (7%)
- Health diagnosing and treating practitioners and other technical occupations (7%)
- Community and social service occupations (6%)
Average climate in Ahoskie, North Carolina
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Ahoskie-area historical tornado activity is slightly above North Carolina state average. It is 2% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 11/28/1988, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 26.7 miles away from the Ahoskie town center killed 4 people and injured 154 people and caused between $50,000,000 and $500,000,000 in damages.
On 3/28/1984, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 8.7 miles away from the town center killed 6 people and injured 19 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Ahoskie-area historical earthquake activity is near North Carolina state average. It is 87% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 12/9/2003 at 20:59:14, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 MB, 4.5 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 103.2 miles away from the city center
On 8/6/1994 at 19:54:09, a magnitude 3.8 (3.6 LG, 3.8 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 85.4 miles away from Ahoskie center
On 5/5/2003 at 16:32:32, a magnitude 3.9 (3.9 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 117.9 miles away from the city center
On 10/21/1998 at 05:56:47, a magnitude 3.8 (3.8 LG, 3.3 LG, Depth: 8.3 mi) earthquake occurred 107.6 miles away from the city center
On 3/15/1991 at 06:54:08, a magnitude 3.8 (3.8 LG, Depth: 10.9 mi) earthquake occurred 113.3 miles away from Ahoskie center
On 11/22/1974 at 05:25:55, a magnitude 4.7 (4.7 MB) earthquake occurred 295.3 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Hertford County (13) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 9
Emergencies Declared: 4
Causes of natural disasters: Hurricanes: 7, Storms: 4, Floods: 3, Tornadoes: 2, Blizzard: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Tropical Storm: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Eric Downing - 2005 NFL player (San Diego Chargers, born: Sep 16, 1978), Jason Horton - 2005 NFL player (Green Bay Packers, born: Feb 16, 1980), Timmy Newsome - Player of football, Bobby Futrell - Football player, Dick Newsome - Baseball player, Nameir Majette - College basketball player (Pennsylvania Quakers).
Hospitals and medical centers in Ahoskie:
- ROANOKE PLACE (704 CAROLINA AVENUE)
- UNIVERSITY HEALTH SYSTEMS HOME HEALTH AND HOSPICE (521 MYERS ST PO BOX 272)
- VIDANT ROANOKE CHOWAN HOSPITAL (Voluntary non-profit - Private, 500 S ACADEMY ST)
- KINDRED TRANSITIONAL CARE AND REHAB-AHOSKIE (604 STOKES STREET EAST)
- AHOSKIE DIALYSIS (129 HERTFORD COUNTY HIGH RD)
- HERTFORD-GATES HOME HEALTH AGENCY (704 EVANS STREET)
Airports and other landing facilities located in Ahoskie:
- Tri-County Airport (ASJ) (Runways: 1, Air Taxi Ops: 200, Itinerant Ops: 6,800, Local Ops: 6,000, Military Ops: 100)
- Dragonfly Field Airport (15NC) (Runways: 1)
- Rat Landing Seaplane Base (NC18)
College/University in Ahoskie:
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Ahoskie:
- Edgecombe Community College (about 44 miles; Tarboro, NC; Full-time enrollment: 2,058)
- Elizabeth City State University (about 44 miles; Elizabeth City, NC; FT enrollment: 2,803)
- East Carolina University (about 52 miles; Greenville, NC; FT enrollment: 23,943)
- Tidewater Community College (about 55 miles; Norfolk, VA; FT enrollment: 20,975)
- Nash Community College (about 56 miles; Rocky Mount, NC; FT enrollment: 2,520)
- Norfolk State University (about 56 miles; Norfolk, VA; FT enrollment: 6,032)
- Old Dominion University (about 56 miles; Norfolk, VA; FT enrollment: 19,825)
Public high schools in Ahoskie:
Private high schools in Ahoskie:
- RIDGECROFT SCHOOL (Students: 286, Location: 420 NC HIGHWAY 11N, Grades: PK-12)
- AHOSKIE CHRISTIAN SCHOOL (Students: 212, Location: 500 KIWANIS ST, Grades: PK-12)
Public elementary/middle schools in Ahoskie:
User submitted facts and corrections:
- 104.1 is a good radio station out of Edenton, NC. It has a clear signal in Ahoskie.
- Major League pitcher Heber Hampton "Dick" Newsome was born in Ahoskie, N.C. on December 13, 1909 and died there December 15, 1965. His best season was 1941, when he went 19-10 with the Boston Red Sox. That was the season Ted Williams hit .406 for the Red Sox.
Notable locations in Ahoskie: Ahoskie City Hall (A), Ahoskie Public Library (B), Roanoke Place (C), Ahoskie Police Department (D). Display/hide their locations on the map
Shopping Center: New Market Shopping Center (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Churches in Ahoskie include: Creech Memorial Church (A), Calvary Church (B), Ahoskie United Methodist Church (C), Ahoskie Free Will Baptist Church (D), Ahoskie Church of God (E), Carpenters Shop Church (F), Canaan Missionary Baptist Church (G). Display/hide their locations on the map
Tourist attractions: Georgia-Pacific Corporation Lumber - Ahoskie Scale OFC (Cultural Attractions- Events- & Facilities; 116 Nc Highway 561 West), Georgia-Pacific Corporation Lumber - Ahoskie District Mill OFC (Cultural Attractions- Events- & Facilities; Harrellsville Road), Georgia-Pacific Corporation Lumber - Mill OFC (Cultural Attractions- Events- & Facilities; 142 Nc Highway 561 West).
Hotel: Ahoskie Inn (Highway 11).
(9.4% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 42.0% for Black residents, 31.1% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 15.4% for American Indian residents, 30.0% for other race residents, 7.5% for two or more races residents)
|This town:||2.4 people|
|North Carolina:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.2% of all households
- Gay men: 0.3% of all households
6 people in group homes intended for adults in 2010
People in group quarters in Ahoskie in 2000:
- 143 people in nursing homes
- 43 people in hospitals/wards and hospices for chronically ill
- 43 people in other hospitals or wards for chronically ill
- 9 people in mental (psychiatric) hospitals or wards
- 8 people in other group homes
- 5 people in orthopedic wards and institutions for the physically handicapped
- 2 people in religious group quarters
Banks with branches in Ahoskie (2011 data):
- Wells Fargo Bank, National Association: Ahoskie Main at 300 East Main Street, branch established on 1954/02/23. Info updated 2011/04/05: Bank assets: $1,161,490.0 mil, Deposits: $905,653.0 mil, headquarters in Sioux Falls, SD, positive income, 6395 total offices, Holding Company: Wells Fargo & Company
- PNC Bank, National Association: Ahoskie Branch at 102 East Church Street, branch established on 1954/02/25. Info updated 2012/03/20: Bank assets: $263,309.6 mil, Deposits: $197,343.0 mil, headquarters in Wilmington, DE, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 3085 total offices, Holding Company: Pnc Financial Services Group, Inc., The
- Southern Bank and Trust Company: Ahoskie Branch at 506 East Main Street, branch established on 1986/07/21. Info updated 2011/09/26: Bank assets: $2,039.8 mil, Deposits: $1,658.5 mil, headquarters in Mount Olive, NC, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 66 total offices, Holding Company: Southern Bancshares (N.C.), Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2013
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2013
|North Carolina average:||12.4|
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Ahoskie town (based on Hertford County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Hertford County:||3.44 / 10,000 pop.|
|North Carolina:||2.05 / 10,000 pop.|
|Hertford County:||0.43 / 10,000 pop.|
|North Carolina:||0.92 / 10,000 pop.|
|Hertford County:||6.88 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.75 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||6.88 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.57 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Ahoskie, NC Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||0||$0||1||$311|
|Police Protection - Officers||17||$59,985||$42,342||0||$0|
|Police - Other||4||$15,943||$47,829||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||6||$12,988||$25,976||0||$0|
|Solid Waste Management||10||$30,861||$37,033||0||$0|
|Parks and Recreation||3||$9,056||$36,224||0||$0|
|Other and Unallocable||2||$7,212||$43,272||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||65||$213,977||$39,503||4||$763|
Ahoskie government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Construction - Parks & Recreation: $91,000 ($18.30)
- Current Operations - Police Protection: $849,000 ($170.72)
Sewerage: $473,000 ($95.11)
Regular Highways: $413,000 ($83.05)
Solid Waste Management: $360,000 ($72.39)
Fire Protection: $252,000 ($50.67)
Central Staff Services: $243,000 ($48.86)
General - Other: $223,000 ($44.84)
Parks & Recreation: $221,000 ($44.44)
Water Utilities: $203,000 ($40.82)
General Public Buildings: $86,000 ($17.29)
Libraries: $61,000 ($12.27)
Health Services - Other: $20,000 ($4.02)
Judicial and Legal Services: $3,000 ($0.60)
Housing & Community Development: $1,000 ($0.20)
- General - Interest on Debt: $0 ($0.00)
- Other Capital Outlay - Water Utilities: $128,000 ($25.74)
Police Protection: $21,000 ($4.22)
Parks & Recreation: $4,000 ($0.80)
Fire Protection: $4,000 ($0.80)
General - Other: $3,000 ($0.60)
Regular Highways: $2,000 ($0.40)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $1,711,000 ($344.06)
Ahoskie government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $658,000 ($132.31)
Solid Waste Management: $408,000 ($82.04)
All Other: $40,000 ($8.04)
Parks & Recreation: $25,000 ($5.03)
- Federal Intergovernmental - All Other: $37,000 ($7.44)
- Local Intergovernmental - General Support: $462,000 ($92.90)
- Miscellaneous - Interest Earnings: $129,000 ($25.94)
General Revenue, NEC: $30,000 ($6.03)
Rents: $10,000 ($2.01)
Special Assessments: $8,000 ($1.61)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $282,000 ($56.71)
- State Intergovernmental - General Support: $196,000 ($39.41)
Highways: $168,000 ($33.78)
All Other: $23,000 ($4.62)
- Tax - Property: $1,306,000 ($262.62)
NEC: $88,000 ($17.70)
Motor Vehicle License: $25,000 ($5.03)
Ahoskie government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $4,851,000 ($975.47)
5.20% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($28,790 average adjusted gross income)
|North Carolina average:||7.13%|
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Bertie County, NC||0.99% ($23,329 average AGI)|
|from Northampton County, NC||0.51% ($27,444)|
|from Wake County, NC||0.24% ($41,882)|
6.01% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($32,995 average adjusted gross income)
|North Carolina average:||6.77%|
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Ahoskie:
- WTAR (850 AM; 50 kW; NORFOLK, VA; Owner: SINCLAIR COMMUNICATIONS)
- WCKO (1110 AM; daytime; 50 kW; NORFOLK, VA; Owner: WORD BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- WRJR (670 AM; 20 kW; CLAREMONT, VA; Owner: CHESAPEAKE-PORTSMOUTH BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WRVA (1140 AM; 50 kW; RICHMOND, VA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WPTF (680 AM; 50 kW; RALEIGH, NC; Owner: FIRST STATE COMMUNICATIONS)
- WYAL (1280 AM; daytime; 5 kW; SCOTLAND NECK, NC)
- WWDR (1080 AM; daytime; 1 kW; MURFREESBORO, NC; Owner: FIRST MEDIA RADIO, LLC)
- WFTK (1030 AM; daytime; 50 kW; WAKE FOREST, NC; Owner: POSITIVE RADIO GROUP, INC.)
- WGH (1310 AM; 20 kW; NEWPORT NEWS, VA; Owner: CHESAPEAKE BAY BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WPMH (1010 AM; 10 kW; PORTSMOUTH, VA; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WDZY (1290 AM; 25 kW; COLONIAL HEIGHTS, VA; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WNCT (1070 AM; 10 kW; GREENVILLE, NC; Owner: WNCT LICENSE LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WJPI (1470 AM; 5 kW; PLYMOUTH, NC; Owner: FREE TEMPLE MINISTRIES INC..)
Strongest FM radio stations in Ahoskie:
- WBXB (100.1 FM; EDENTON, NC; Owner: EDENTON CHRISTIAN RADIO, INC.)
- WKJX (96.7 FM; ELIZABETH CITY, NC; Owner: EAST CAROLINA RADIO OF ELIZABETH CITY, INC.)
- WQDK (99.3 FM; AHOSKIE, NC; Owner: MAX MEDIA OF THE CAROLINAS LLC)
- WCBZ (103.7 FM; WILLIAMSTON, NC; Owner: ABG NORTH CAROLINA, LLC)
- WAFX (106.9 FM; SUFFOLK, VA; Owner: TIDEWATER COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- WDLZ (98.3 FM; MURFREESBORO, NC; Owner: FIRST MEDIA RADIO, LLC)
- WTRG (100.7 FM; ROCKY MOUNT, NC; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WBKU (91.7 FM; AHSOKIE, NC; Owner: AMERICAN FAMILY ASSOCIATION)
- WKOC (93.7 FM; CHESAPEAKE, VA; Owner: COMMONWEALTH RADIO, L.L.C.)
- WURB (97.7 FM; WINDSOR, NC; Owner: WILLIS BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WHRO-FM (90.3 FM; NORFOLK, VA; Owner: HAMPTON ROADS EDUCATIONAL TELECOMMUNICATIONS ASSOCIATION,INC)
- WHRV (89.5 FM; NORFOLK, VA; Owner: HAMPTON ROADS EDUCATIONAL TELECOMMUNICATIONS ASSOCIATION,INC)
- WKTC (95.5 FM; PINETOPS, NC; Owner: WEQQ, INC.)
- WLQM-FM (101.7 FM; FRANKLIN, VA; Owner: FRANKLIN BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WIAM-FM (98.9 FM; WINDSOR, NC; Owner: LIFELINE MINISTRIES, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Ahoskie:
- WUND-TV (Channel 2; COLUMBIA, NC; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA)
- WTKR (Channel 3; NORFOLK, VA; Owner: NEW YORK TIMES MANAGEMENT SERVICES)
- WTVZ-TV (Channel 33; NORFOLK, VA; Owner: WTVZ LICENSEE, LLC)
- WHRO-TV (Channel 15; HAMPTON-NORFOLK, VA; Owner: HAMPTON ROADS EDUCATIONAL TELECOMMUNICATIONS ASSOC, INC.)
- WPXV (Channel 49; NORFOLK, VA; Owner: PAXSON COMMUNICATIONS LICENSE COMPANY, LLC)
- WFTB-LP (Channel 55; WILLIAMSTON, ETC., NC; Owner: FREE TEMPLE MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WVEC-TV (Channel 13; HAMPTON, VA; Owner: WVEC TELEVISION, INC.)
- WUNP-TV (Channel 36; ROANOKE RAPIDS, NC; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2014 (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 2Number of bridges
- 10m33ftTotal length
- 21,800Total average daily traffic
- 1,526Total average daily truck traffic
- 37,600Total future (year 2025) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Ahoskie)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:37 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:13 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers in Ahoskie, NC)
FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers:1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:3
- AHOSKIE, 2 Mi N (Lat: 36.320833 Lon: -76.980278), Type: Gtower, Structure height: 134.1 m, Overall height: 137.2 m, Call Sign: WMN419
Assigned Frequencies: 6375.14 MHzGrant Date: 12/28/2010, Expiration Date: 02/01/2021, Certifier: Steven T CampbellRegistrant: Holland & Knight LLP, 800 17th Street, N.W., Suite #1100, Washington, DC 20006-3906, Phone: (202) 955-3000, Fax: (202) 955-5564, Email:
- WQDK Main Studio, Nc Hwy 42 3 Mi W (Lat: 36.279722 Lon: -77.032778), Type: Tower, Structure height: 91 m, Overall height: 92 m, Call Sign: WQEN440
Assigned Frequencies: 948.675 MHzGrant Date: 03/10/2006, Expiration Date: 12/01/2019, Certifier: David J WilhelmRegistrant: Garvey Schubert Barer, 1000 Potomac Street Nw, 5th Floor, Washington, DC 20007, Phone: (202) 298-2161, Fax: (202) 965-1729, Email:
- Ahoskie, HP-1001, Morris Road (Lat: 36.278111 Lon: -77.012028), Type: Tower, Structure height: 121.9 m, Overall height: 125.6 m, Call Sign: WQJA916
Assigned Frequencies: 6755.00 MHz, 6795.00 MHzGrant Date: 07/10/2008, Expiration Date: 07/10/2018, Certifier: Wayne E EberhardRegistrant: North Carolina State Highway Patrol, 4702 Mail Service Center, Raleigh, NC 27699-4702, Phone: (919) 662-4440, Fax: (919) 662-4444, Email:
FCC Registered Paging Towers:2
- 0.4 Miles N. Of Jct 1188 & Nc 11 (Lat: 36.265694 Lon: -77.107722), Call Sign: KNKB372
Assigned Frequencies: 158.700 MHzGrant Date: 07/22/1999, Expiration Date: 05/01/2008, Cancellation Date: 06/21/2008Registrant: Total Communications, Kitty Hawk, NC 27949, Phone: (252) 261-7243, Email:
- 2.7 Miles North Of Ahoskie (Lat: 36.328472 Lon: -76.983278), Call Sign: KDS761
Assigned Frequencies: 158.100 MHzGrant Date: 08/24/1998, Expiration Date: 07/01/2008, Cancellation Date: 10/12/2004Registrant: Sprint, 122 East Saint James Street, Tarboro, NC 27886, Phone: (252) 641-3567, Fax: (252) 641-2869, Email:
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers:1
- Tri County Airport (Lat: 36.294333 Lon: -77.172194), Type: Building, Overall height: 8 m, Call Sign: KLE9, Licensee ID: L00019456
Assigned Frequencies: 119.075 MHzGrant Date: 10/16/2007, Expiration Date: 12/18/2016Registrant: Tri-County - Awos, 1560 Mail Service Center, Raleigh, NC 27699-1560, Phone: (919) 814-0550, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:23 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Ahoskie)
FAA Registered Aircraft:4
- Aircraft: BOEING B75N1 (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 93 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR W670 SERIES (250 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 69182 , Serial Number: 75-1274, Year manufactured: 1941
Registrant (Corporation): Planeview Aviation Services Inc, 414 S Williford Rd, Ahoskie, NC 27910
- Aircraft: PIPER PA-20 (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 94 mph), Engine: LYCOMING 0-290 SERIES (140 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 7424K , Serial Number: 20-334, Year manufactured: 1950, Airworthiness Date: 09/16/1964
Registrant (Individual): Michael A Spalding, 414 S Williford Rd, Ahoskie, NC 27910
- Aircraft: GLOBE GC-1B (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 105 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR C125 SERIES (125 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 78028 , Serial Number: 2028, Year manufactured: 1946, Airworthiness Date: 02/11/1956
Registrant (Corporation): Planeview Aviation Services Inc, Po Box 925, Ahoskie, NC 27910
- Aircraft: BEECH H-18 (Category: Land, Engines: 2, Seats: 11, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 165 mph), Engine: P&W R-985 SERIES (450 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 87711 , Serial Number: BA-650, Year manufactured: 1963, Airworthiness Date: 08/19/1963
Registrant (Corporation): Planeview Aviation Services Inc, Po Box 925, Ahoskie, NC 27910
Deregistered: Cancel Date: 10/13/1981
Drinking water stations with addresses in Ahoskie and their reported violations in the past:AHOSKIE, TOWN OF (Population served: 4,479, Groundwater):
Past health violations:
Past monitoring violations:
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In SEP-2005, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (SEP-24-2005), St Formal NOV issued (SEP-26-2005), St Public Notif received (OCT-13-2005), St Intentional no-action (JUN-11-2010), St Compliance achieved (JUN-11-2010)
- Monitoring, Routine (IDSE) - In APR-02-2008, Contaminant: DBP STAGE 2. Follow-up actions: St Compliance achieved (APR-27-2009)
- 21 regular monitoring violations
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 44
- Hazardous Condition: 317
- Service Call: 1
Incident types - Ahoskie
|Most common first names in Ahoskie, NC among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Ahoskie, NC among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (53%)
- Utility gas (30%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (10%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (5%)
- Wood (1%)
- No fuel used (1%)
|Businesses in Ahoskie, NC|
|Advance Auto Parts||1||Nike||2|
|Burger King||1||Pizza Hut||1|
|Domino's Pizza||1||Rite Aid||1|
|Jones New York||1||U.S. Cellular||2|
Ahoskie compared to North Carolina state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- House age above state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage above state average.
Ahoskie on our top lists:
- #23 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest number of arson incidents per 100,000 residents, excludes tourist destinations and others with a lot of outsiders visiting based on city industries data (population 5,000+)"
- #29 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest number of murders per 100,000 residents, excludes tourist destinations and others with a lot of outsiders visiting based on city industries data (population 5,000+)"
- #42 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in other hospitals or wards for chronically ill (population 1,000+)"
- #48 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in industries: Health care and social assistance (population 5,000+)"
- #50 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in hospitals/wards and hospices for chronically ill (population 1,000+)"
- #62 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest household incomes disparities (population 5,000+)"
- #75 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest house values disparities (population 5,000+)"
- #55 (27910) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of Scottish first ancestries (pop 5,000+)"
- #80 on the list of "Top 101 counties with highest percentage of residents voting for Obama (Democrat) in the 2012 Presidential Election"