|Median resident age:||38.7 years|
|Tennessee median age:||35.9 years|
Zip code: 37150
Hermitage Springs CCD income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $88,080 (it was $48,400 in 2000)
- White alone - 2,759 (96.8%)
- Hispanic - 77 (2.7%)
- Two or more races - 8 (0.3%)
- American Indian alone - 5 (0.2%)
- Asian alone - 2 (0.07%)
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 758 feet
Land area: 87.2 square miles.Population density: 32 people per square mile (very low).
For population 25 years and over in Hermitage Springs:
- High school or higher: 52.4%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 5.9%
- Graduate or professional degree: 1.5%
- Unemployed: 6.6%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 31.3 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Hermitage Springs CCD:
- Never married: 16.4%
- Now married: 63.9%
- Separated: 2.7%
- Widowed: 9.1%
- Divorced: 10.5%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Hermitage Springs CCD:||0.7% ($340)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Murfreesboro, TN (61.9 miles , pop. 68,816).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Nashville-Davidson, TN (64.3 miles , pop. 545,524).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (378.7 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Gamaliel, KY (2.3 miles ), Red Boiling Springs, TN (2.7 miles ), Tompkinsville, KY (3.0 miles ), North of the River, TN (3.4 miles ), Celina, TN (3.6 miles ), Mount Herman, KY (3.9 miles ), Burristown, TN (3.9 miles ), Gainesboro, TN (4.0 miles ).
Latitude: 36.58 N, Longitude: 85.73 W
- Wood products (11%)
- Construction (10%)
- Repair and maintenance (9%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (8%)
- Metal and metal products (7%)
- Transportation equipment (7%)
- Truck transportation (6%)
- Health care (18%)
- Educational services (13%)
- Apparel (12%)
- Social assistance (7%)
- Accommodation and food services (7%)
- Transportation equipment (7%)
- Department and other general merchandise stores (4%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (13%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (8%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (7%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (5%)
- Construction trades workers except carpenters, electricians, painters, plumbers, and construction laborers (5%)
- Farmers and farm managers (5%)
- Woodworkers (5%)
- Textile, apparel, and furnishings workers (15%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (7%)
- Assemblers and fabricators (5%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (5%)
- Health technologists and technicians (5%)
- Material recording, scheduling, dispatching, and distributing workers (4%)
- Child care workers (4%)
Average climate in Hermitage Springs, Tennessee
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Hermitage Springs-area historical tornado activity is near Tennessee state average. It is 52% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/3/1974, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 20.8 miles away from the Hermitage Springs place center killed 10 people and injured 113 people and caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
On 2/5/2008, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 9.4 miles away from the place center caused $4 million in damages.
Earthquake activity:Hermitage Springs-area historical earthquake activity is near Tennessee state average. It is 76% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 175.4 miles away from the city center
On 7/27/1980 at 18:52:21, a magnitude 5.2 (5.1 MB, 4.7 MS, 5.0 UK, 5.2 UK) earthquake occurred 149.6 miles away from Hermitage Springs center
On 6/18/2002 at 17:37:15, a magnitude 5.0 (4.3 MB, 4.6 MW, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 149.0 miles away from the city center
On 4/29/2003 at 08:59:39, a magnitude 4.9 (4.4 MB, 4.6 MW, 4.9 LG, Depth: 12.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 144.2 miles away from the city center
On 11/30/1973 at 07:48:41, a magnitude 4.7 (4.7 MB, 4.6 ML) earthquake occurred 112.6 miles away from Hermitage Springs center
On 6/10/1987 at 23:48:54, a magnitude 5.1 (4.9 MB, 4.4 MS, 4.6 MS, 5.1 LG) earthquake occurred 194.8 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Clay County (13) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 11
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 9, Storms: 9, Tornadoes: 2, Winter Storms: 2, Flash Flood: 1, Hurricane: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Snowfall: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Hermitage Springs:
- THE PALACE (Nursing Home, about 8 miles away; RED BOILING SPRINGS, TN)
- MONROE COUNTY MEDICAL CENTER Acute Care Hospitals (about 10 miles away; TOMPKINSVILLE, KY)
- MONROE HEALTH AND REHABILITATION CENTER (Nursing Home, about 10 miles away; TOMPKINSVILLE, KY)
- CELINA HEALTH AND REHABILITATION CENTER (Nursing Home, about 13 miles away; CELINA, TN)
- CUMBERLAND RIVER HOSPITAL Acute Care Hospitals (about 14 miles away; CELINA, TN)
- MABRY HEALTH CARE (Nursing Home, about 15 miles away; GAINESBORO, TN)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Hermitage Springs:
- Tennessee Technological University (about 31 miles; Cookeville, TN; Full-time enrollment: 9,761)
- Lindsey Wilson College (about 44 miles; Columbia, KY; FT enrollment: 2,552)
- Volunteer State Community College (about 45 miles; Gallatin, TN; FT enrollment: 5,311)
- Western Kentucky University (about 50 miles; Bowling Green, KY; FT enrollment: 16,942)
- Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College (about 50 miles; Bowling Green, KY; FT enrollment: 2,794)
- Campbellsville University (about 58 miles; Campbellsville, KY; FT enrollment: 2,948)
- Middle Tennessee State University (about 62 miles; Murfreesboro, TN; FT enrollment: 21,628)
Notable locations in Hermitage Springs: Running Late Poultry Farm (A), Smith's Poultry Farms (B), Ridge Top Farm (C), Moss Volunteer Fire Department (D), Union Hill Community Center (E), Mount Vernon Volunteer Fire Department Red Boiling Springs (F), Hermitage Springs Volunteer Fire Department (G). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Hermitage Springs include: Leonard Church (A), Wesleyan Church (B), Bakerton Church of Christ (C), Campground Church (D), Clementsville Church of Christ (E), Hermitage Springs Church of Christ (F), Milestown Church of Christ (G), Moss Church of Christ (H), Mount Vernon Charity Tabernacle (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Turner Cemetery (1), Jonestown Cemetery (2), Leonard Cemetery (3), Biles Cemetery (4), Reeves Cemetery (5), Browning Cemetery (6), Miles Cemetery (7). Display/hide their locations on the map
Reservoirs: Line Creek Lake Number Three B (A), Lake Site Number Four (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Little Brimstone Creek (A), Left Fork Brimstone Creek (B), Cove Creek (C), Hurricane Creek (D), Trace Creek (E), Bean Branch (F), Pide Branch (G), School Branch (H), Wilson Branch (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This place:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.2% of all households
- Gay men: 0.2% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
Hermitage Springs compared to Tennessee state average:
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (48%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (26%)
- Wood (20%)
- Utility gas (4%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (1%)
Religion statistics for Hermitage Springs CCD (based on Clay County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 37.98%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Churches of Christ||Southern Baptist Convention||United Methodist Church||Church of God (Anderson, Indiana)||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Clay County:||2.55 / 10,000 pop.|
|Tennessee:||1.99 / 10,000 pop.|
|Clay County:||7.65 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.16 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||6.37 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.56 / 10,000 pop.|
5.41% of this county's 2006 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2005 ($31,297 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2005 and 2006:
|from Overton County, TN||0.89% ($29,333 average AGI)|
|from Macon County, TN||0.60% ($18,750)|
|from Putnam County, TN||0.41% ($15,091)|
5.58% of this county's 2005 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2006 ($24,913 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2005 and 2006:
Strongest AM radio stations in Hermitage Springs:
- WSM (650 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: GAYLORD ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY)
- WTKY (1370 AM; daytime; 2 kW; TOMPKINSVILLE, KY; Owner: WHITTIMORE ENTERPRISES, INC.)
- WAMB (1160 AM; 50 kW; DONELSON, TN; Owner: GREAT SOUTHERN BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WLAC (1510 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WKDA (1200 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: RADIO NASHVILLE, INC.)
- WNQM (1300 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: WNQM. INC.)
- WWAM (820 AM; daytime; 50 kW; JASPER, TN; Owner: SHELTON BROADCASTING SYSTEM)
- WKVL (850 AM; daytime; 50 kW; KNOXVILLE, TN; Owner: HORNE RADIO, LLC)
- WHAS (840 AM; 50 kW; LOUISVILLE, KY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WFLI (1070 AM; 50 kW; LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN, TN; Owner: WFLI, INC.)
- WPLN (1430 AM; 15 kW; MADISON, TN)
- WHIN (1010 AM; 5 kW; GALLATIN, TN; Owner: WHIN, INC.)
- WEEN (1460 AM; 1 kW; LAFAYETTE, TN; Owner: LAFAYETTE BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Hermitage Springs:
- WVFB (101.5 FM; CELINA, TN; Owner: ELIZABETH BERNICE WHITTIMORE)
- WKWY (102.7 FM; TOMPKINSVILLE, KY; Owner: J.K. WHITTIMORE)
- WGSQ (94.7 FM; COOKEVILLE, TN; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WBXE (93.7 FM; BAXTER, TN; Owner: JWC BROADCASTING)
- WLQK (95.9 FM; LIVINGSTON, TN; Owner: JWC BROADCASTING)
- WGGC (95.1 FM; GLASGOW, KY; Owner: HERITAGE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WTKY-FM (92.1 FM; TOMPKINSVILLE, KY; Owner: WHITTIMORE ENTERPRISES, INC.)
- WLCT (102.1 FM; LAFAYETTE, TN; Owner: LAFAYETTE BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WSGP (88.3 FM; GLASGOW, KY; Owner: SOMERSET EDUCATIONAL BROADCASTING FOUNDATION)
- WLIV-FM (104.7 FM; MONTEREY, TN; Owner: WKXN INC)
- WWOG (90.9 FM; COOKEVILLE, TN; Owner: SOMERSET EDUCATIONAL BROADCASTING FOUNDATION)
- WUCZ (104.1 FM; CARTHAGE, TN; Owner: WOOD BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WOVO (105.3 FM; GLASGOW, KY; Owner: NEWBERRY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WKYR-FM (107.9 FM; BURKESVILLE, KY; Owner: RAY MULLINIX)
TV broadcast stations around Hermitage Springs:
- WPGD (Channel 50; HENDERSONVILLE, TN; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- WCTE (Channel 22; COOKEVILLE, TN; Owner: UPPER CUMBERLAND BROADCAST COUNCIL)
- WPBM-LP (Channel 48; SCOTTSVILLE, KY; Owner: PROCLAIM BROADCASTING, INC.)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:1
- 5550 Clay Co Hwy (Lat: 36.583389 Lon: -85.770250), Type: Tank, Structure height: 30 m, Call Sign: KNNS327
Assigned Frequencies: 451.075 MHz
Grant Date: 02/08/2011, Expiration Date: 04/16/2021, Certifier: Ray Clements
Registrant: Micro Comm Inc, 6980 W 153rd St, Overland Park, KS 66223, Fax: (913) 681-2753