Adams County has a predicted average indoor radon screening level greater than 4 pCi/L (pico curies per liter) - Highest Potential
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2010 was 48.2. This is significantly worse than average.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2007 was 1.40. This is significantly better than average. There were 21 monitors within city limits.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2010 was 29.6. This is about average. Closest monitor was 12.3 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µ/m3] level in 2010 was 15.2. This is significantly worse than average. There were 12 monitors within city limits.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µ/m3] level in 2010 was 20.1. This is about average. There were 21 monitors within city limits.
Percentage of residents living in poverty in 2011: 15.1%
(14.6% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 100.0% for Black residents)
Average household size:
Percentage of family households:
|This village: || 2.5 people|
|Illinois: || 2.6 people|
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
|This village: || 71.4%|
|Whole state: || 65.8%|
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
|This village: || 5.2%|
|Whole state: || 6.3%|
- Lesbian couples: 0.0% of all households
- Gay men: 0.5% of all households
Detailed information about poverty and poor residents in Liberty, IL
Liberty compared to Illinois state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Number of rooms per house above state average.
Back to the top
Banks with branches in Liberty (2011 data):
- The Farmers Bank of Liberty: The Farmers Bank Of Liberty at 1002 North Main Street, branch established on 1903/06/23. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $75.7 mil, Deposits: $68.2 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 3 total offices, Holding Company: Fbl Bancshares, Inc.
- The First National Bank of Barry: Liberty Facility at 400 South Main Street, branch established on 1994/03/21. Info updated 2012/03/19: Bank assets: $116.5 mil, Deposits: $97.8 mil, headquarters in Barry, IL, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 4 total offices
Educational Attainment (%) in 2011
School Enrollment by Level of School (%)
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (89%)
- No fuel used (8%)
- Electricity (4%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Liberty (based on Adams County data)
Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 59.56%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Catholic Church||United Methodist Church||Christian Churches and Churches of Christ||United Church of Christ||Lutheran Church|
Source: Jones, Dale E., et al. 2002. Congregations and Membership in the United States 2000. Nashville, TN: Glenmary Research Center.
|Name||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America||Salvation Army||American Baptist Churches in the USA||Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
Number of grocery stores:
|Adams County:||1.80 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||2.24 / 10,000 pop.|Number of supercenters and club stores:
|Here:||0.15 / 10,000 pop.|
|Illinois:||0.08 / 10,000 pop.|Number of convenience stores (with gas):
|Adams County:||3.89 / 10,000 pop.|
|Illinois:||2.61 / 10,000 pop.|Number of full-service restaurants:
|This county:||6.29 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.86 / 10,000 pop.|Adult diabetes rate:
|Illinois:||8.3%|Adult obesity rate:
|State:||25.2%|Low-income preschool obesity rate:
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2007)|
||Monthly full-time payroll
||Average yearly full-time wage
||Monthly part-time payroll
|Judicial and Legal
|Police Protection - Officers
|Totals for Government
Liberty government finances in 2002(per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $33,000 ($63.95)
- Current Operations - Regular Highways: $84,000 ($162.79)
Water Utilities: $50,000 ($96.90)
Financial Administration: $42,000 ($81.40)
Sewerage: $12,000 ($23.26)
- Intergovernmental to Local NEC - General: $57,000 ($110.47)
- Miscellaneous - Interest Earnings: $41,000 ($79.46)
General Revenue, NEC: $6,000 ($11.63)
- Other Capital Outlay - Central Staff: $23,000 ($44.57)
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $816,000 ($1581.40)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $54,000 ($104.65)
- State Intergovernmental - General Support: $101,000 ($195.74)
Highways: $15,000 ($29.07)
- Tax - Property: $11,000 ($21.32)
NEC: $5,000 ($9.69)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $30,000 ($58.14)
4.32% of this county's 2006 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2005 ($39,162 average adjusted gross income)
0.06% of residents moved from foreign countries ($330 average AGI)
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2005 and 2006:
4.23% of this county's 2005 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2006 ($36,765 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2005 and 2006:
Strongest AM radio stations in Liberty:
- WGEM (1440 AM; 5 kW; QUINCY, IL; Owner: QUINCY BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WTAD (930 AM; 5 kW; QUINCY, IL; Owner: STARADIO CORPORATION)
- KHMO (1070 AM; 5 kW; HANNIBAL, MO)
- KXEN (1010 AM; 50 kW; FESTUS-ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: BDJ RADIO ENTERPRISES, LLC)
- KMOX (1120 AM; 50 kW; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WHB (810 AM; 50 kW; KANSAS CITY, MO; Owner: UNION BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WHO (1040 AM; 50 kW; DES MOINES, IA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WSCR (670 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WGN (720 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WGN CONTINENTAL BROADCASTING CO.)
- WBBM (780 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WLS (890 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WLS, INC.)
- WTMJ (620 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- WSDZ (1260 AM; 20 kW; BELLEVILLE, IL)
Strongest FM radio stations in Liberty:
- KGRC (92.9 FM; HANNIBAL, MO; Owner: STARADIO CORPORATION)
- WGEM-FM (105.1 FM; QUINCY, IL; Owner: QUINCY NEWSPAPERS, INC.)
- WPWQ (106.7 FM; MOUNT STERLING, IL; Owner: WPW BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WQCY (103.9 FM; QUINCY, IL; Owner: STARADIO CORPORATION)
- WQUB (90.3 FM; QUINCY, IL; Owner: QUINCY UNIVERSITY CORPORATION)
- WGCA-FM (88.5 FM; QUINCY, IL; Owner: GREAT COMMISSION BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WCOY (99.5 FM; QUINCY, IL; Owner: STARADIO CORPORATION)
- KZZK (105.9 FM; NEW LONDON, MO; Owner: STARADIO CORPORATION)
- KICK-FM (97.9 FM; PALMYRA, MO; Owner: BICK BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KJIR (91.7 FM; HANNIBAL, MO; Owner: BELIEVERS BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KRRY (100.9 FM; CANTON, MO; Owner: BICK BROADCASTING CO.)
- WIPA (89.3 FM; PITTSFIELD, IL; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF IL AT SPRINGFIELD)
TV broadcast stations around Liberty:
- W49BS (Channel 49; QUINCY, IL; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- W53BP (Channel 53; QUINCY, IL; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- KHQA-TV (Channel 7; HANNIBAL, MO; Owner: CHELSEY BROADCASTING COMPANY OF QUINCY, LLC)
- WTJR (Channel 16; QUINCY, IL; Owner: BELIEVER'S BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- W36BS (Channel 36; QUINCY, IL; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- W61CO (Channel 61; QUINCY, IL; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- WGEM-TV (Channel 10; QUINCY, IL; Owner: QUINCY BROADCASTING CO.)
- W18CJ (Channel 18; QUINCY, IL; Owner: THREE ANGELS BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- W69DF (Channel 69; QUINCY, IL; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- WQEC (Channel 27; QUINCY, IL; Owner: W. CENTRAL ILLINOIS EDUC. TELECOMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
- K40GO (Channel 40; QUINCY, IL; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- KTVO (Channel 3; KIRKSVILLE, MO; Owner: KTVO LICENSE SUBSIDIARY, INC.)
- W67DR (Channel 67; QUINCY, IL; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- W65CZ (Channel 65; QUINCY, IL; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- W45BM (Channel 45; QUINCY, IL; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
Liberty fatal accident list:
Nov 20, 2007 11:46 AM, Sr-104, Lat: 39.874978, Lon: -91.105431, Vehicles: 1, Fatalities: 1
Dec 21, 1986 03:50 PM, 104, Vehicles: 2, Persons: 2, Fatalities: 1
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:
1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Liberty
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:
12 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:
- Lat: 39.885889 Lon: -91.110694, Call Sign: WNPL800
Assigned Frequencies: 463.775 MHz, 463.450 MHz
Grant Date: 09/21/2004, Expiration Date: 06/01/2014
Registrant: Washington Radio Reports, 1588 Fairfield Road Ste 7, Gettysburg, PA 17325, Phone: (717) 334-0668, Fax: (717) 334-6440, Email:
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:
- LIBERTY, 3.5 Mi Sw (Lat: 39.839167 Lon: -91.147500), Type: Tower, Structure height: 64 m, Overall height: 68 m, Call Sign: WMQ262
Assigned Frequencies: 6197.24 MHz, 6375.14 MHz, 6315.84 MHz, 6635.00 MHz, 6226.89 MHz, 10562.5 MHz
Grant Date: 02/01/2011, Expiration Date: 02/01/2021, Certifier: Steven T Campbell
Registrant: Holland & Knight LLP, 800 17th Street, N.W., Suite #1100, Washington, DC 20006-3906, Phone: (202) 955-3000, Fax: (202) 955-5564, Email:
FCC Registered Paging Towers:
- .25 Miles North Of Hwy. 104 (Lat: 39.878361 Lon: -91.107056), Type: Tower, Structure height: 33.8 m, Call Sign: KNKC747
Assigned Frequencies: 158.100 MHz
Grant Date: 04/14/2009, Expiration Date: 04/01/2019, Certifier: Glenn E Rauh
Registrant: Hill & Welch, 1330 New Hampshire Ave., Nw #113, Washington, DC 20036, Phone: (202) 775-0070, Fax: (202) 775-9026, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:
20 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Liberty
FAA Registered Aircraft:
- Aircraft: BUCKEYE AVIATION INC BREEZE (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: ROTAX 582DCDI (65 HP) (2 Cycle)
N-Number: 5164G , Serial Number: 16344, Year manufactured: 2003, Airworthiness Date: 06/23/2007
Registrant (Individual): Charles Birdsell, 512 E 2400th St, Liberty, IL 62347
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
|Most common first names in Liberty, IL among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Liberty, IL among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
- #45 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Petroleum and coal products"
- #48 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Lawyers"
- #66 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Beverage and tobacco products"
- #75 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Petroleum and coal products"
- #86 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Information and record clerks except customer service representatives"
- #36 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest percentage of residents relocating to other counties in 2006"
- #43 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the largest increase in the number of infant deaths per 1000 residents 1990-1999 to 2000-2003 (pop. 50,000+)"
- #44 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest number of deaths per 1000 residents 2000-2003 (pop. 50,000+)"