We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- General Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
Please wait while loading the map...
|Median resident age:||42.5 years|
|Wisconsin median age:||42.6 years|
Zip codes: 54847.
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $21,307 (it was $12,653 in 2000)
Tripp town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $134,167 (it was $71,700 in 2000)
Races in Tripp, WI (2010)
- 21793.9%White alone
- 93.9%Two or more races
- 20.9%American Indian alone
- 20.9%Asian alone
Recent articles from our blog. Our writers, many of them Ph.D. graduates or candidates, create easy-to-read articles on a wide variety of topics.
- The decline of the U.S. Agriculture industry visualized Apr 23
- The revenues and net sales of Samsonite Apr 21
- Crowfunding is a fast-increasing market Apr 19
- The number of jobs in Construction is falling across the U.S. Apr 17
- Higher local employment numbers lead to higher payrolls, especially in finance Apr 15
Ancestries: German (26.3%), Irish (8.1%), English (7.2%), Swedish (5.3%), French (4.8%), Dutch (3.8%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Land area: 34.7 square miles.
Population density: 6.7 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Tripp:
- High school or higher: 74.2%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 16.9%
- Graduate or professional degree: 0.0%
- Unemployed: 16.3%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 23.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Tripp town:
- Never married: 23.4%
- Now married: 58.6%
- Separated: 2.1%
- Widowed: 4.8%
- Divorced: 11.0%
4 residents are foreign born
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Tripp town:||1.6% ($1,167)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Duluth, MN (37.5 miles , pop. 86,918).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: St. Paul, MN (142.7 miles , pop. 287,151).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (377.4 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Iron River, WI (2.2 miles ), Oulu, WI (2.6 miles ), Hughes, WI (2.8 miles ), Orienta, WI (3.0 miles) , Pilsen, WI (3.1 miles ), Delta, WI (3.2 miles ), Keystone, WI (3.2 miles ), Port Wing, WI (3.4 miles ).
Latitude: 46.62 N, Longitude: 91.36 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 715
Unemployment by year (%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (28%)
- Construction (28%)
- Machinery (8%)
- Machinery, equipment, and supplies merchant wholesalers (8%)
- Metal and metal products (6%)
- Building material and garden equipment and supplies dealers (6%)
- Food and beverage stores (6%)
- Health care (28%)
- Public administration (11%)
- Accommodation and food services (9%)
- Social assistance (7%)
- Personal and laundry services (7%)
- Religious, grantmaking, civic, professional, and similar organizations (7%)
- Transportation equipment (4%)
- Farmers and farm managers (14%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (14%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (11%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (11%)
- Agricultural workers including supervisors (8%)
- Carpenters (8%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (8%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (26%)
- Registered nurses (17%)
- Information and record clerks except customer service representatives (11%)
- Material recording, scheduling, dispatching, and distributing workers (9%)
- Special education teachers (7%)
- Personal appearance workers (7%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (4%)
Average climate in Tripp, Wisconsin
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Tripp-area historical tornado activity is significantly below Wisconsin state average. It is 78% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/6/1969, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 33.1 miles away from the Tripp town center killed 2 people and injured 3 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 9/3/1980, a category F2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 17.5 miles away from the town center caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Tripp-area historical earthquake activity is significantly below Wisconsin state average. It is 96% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/9/1975 at 14:54:15, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 233.6 miles away from the city center
On 6/5/1993 at 01:24:53, a magnitude 4.1 (4.1 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 245.1 miles away from Tripp center
On 10/20/1995 at 15:57:18, a magnitude 3.7 (3.7 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 269.5 miles away from the city center
On 3/4/1983 at 06:32:18, a magnitude 4.6 (4.4 MB, 4.6 LG, 4.4 ML) earthquake occurred 424.3 miles away from the city center
On 6/28/2004 at 06:10:52, a magnitude 4.2 (4.0 MB, 4.2 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 377.1 miles away from Tripp center
On 2/9/1994 at 08:45:35, a magnitude 3.1 (3.1 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 208.0 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Bayfield County (8) is smaller than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 6
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 6, Storms: 4, Drought: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Mudslide: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Tripp:
- University of Wisconsin-Superior (about 36 miles; Superior, WI; Full-time enrollment: 2,302)
- University of Minnesota-Duluth (about 37 miles; Duluth, MN; FT enrollment: 10,612)
- The College of Saint Scholastica (about 38 miles; Duluth, MN; FT enrollment: 3,762)
- Lake Superior College (about 39 miles; Duluth, MN; FT enrollment: 3,768)
- Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College (about 66 miles; Shell Lake, WI; FT enrollment: 2,414)
- University of Wisconsin-Stout (about 123 miles; Menomonie, WI; FT enrollment: 8,120)
- University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire (about 127 miles; Eau Claire, WI; FT enrollment: 10,143)
Notable locations in Tripp: Iron River National Fish Hatchery (A), Tripp Townhall (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemetery: Valley View Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Lakes: Silver Sack Lake (A), Bailey Lake (B), Jackman Lake (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Creeks: Hill Creek (A), Middle Creek (B), DeChamps Creek (C), Townsend Creek (D), Schacte Creek (E). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This town:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Tripp town (based on Bayfield County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Bayfield County:||3.32 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wisconsin:||1.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|Bayfield County:||8.63 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||26.56 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.64 / 10,000 pop.|
5.52% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($49,643 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Ashland County, WI||0.88% ($28,127 average AGI)|
|from Douglas County, WI||0.58% ($40,111)|
|from St. Louis County, MN||0.26% ($37,500)|
4.70% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($31,601 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Tripp:
- WEBC (560 AM; 50 kW; DULUTH, MN)
- WDSM (710 AM; 10 kW; SUPERIOR, WI; Owner: MIDWEST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WWJC (850 AM; daytime; 10 kW; DULUTH, MN; Owner: WWJC, INC.)
- KDAL (610 AM; 5 kW; DULUTH, MN; Owner: MIDWEST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WCCO (830 AM; 50 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: INFINITY MEDIA CORPORATION)
- WHSM (910 AM; 5 kW; HAYWARD, WI; Owner: QB BROADCASTING, LTD.)
- WJMS (590 AM; 5 kW; IRONWOOD, MI; Owner: ROBERTS BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WCTS (1030 AM; 50 kW; MAPLEWOOD, MN; Owner: CNTL. BAPT. THEO/AL SEMI MINNEAPOLIS)
- KSTP (1500 AM; 50 kW; ST. PAUL, MN; Owner: KSTP-AM, LLC (DELAWARE))
- WSPT (1010 AM; 50 kW; STEVENS POINT, WI)
- WNMT (650 AM; 10 kW; NASHWAUK, MN; Owner: MIDWEST RADIO NETWORK, L.L.C.)
- KFAN (1130 AM; 50 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WSAU (550 AM; 20 kW; WAUSAU, WI; Owner: WRIG, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Tripp:
- WNXR (107.3 FM; IRON RIVER, WI; Owner: GERALD J. HACKMAN)
- WHSA (89.9 FM; BRULE, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- WEGZ (105.9 FM; WASHBURN, WI; Owner: KEWEENAW BAY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KBMX (107.7 FM; PROCTOR, MN; Owner: REGENT BROADCASTING OF DULUTH, INC.)
- WWAX (92.1 FM; HERMANTOWN, MN; Owner: RED ROCK RADIO CORP.)
- WSCN (100.5 FM; CLOQUET, MN; Owner: MINNESOTA PUBLIC RADIO)
- KDNI (90.5 FM; DULUTH, MN; Owner: NORTHWESTERN COLLEGE)
- KQDS-FM (94.9 FM; DULUTH, MN; Owner: RED ROCK RADIO CORP.)
- KLDJ (101.7 FM; DULUTH, MN; Owner: REGENT BROADCASTING OF DULUTH, INC.)
- KUMD-FM (103.3 FM; DULUTH, MN; Owner: REGENTS OF UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA)
- KDAL-FM (95.7 FM; DULUTH, MN; Owner: MIDWEST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KKCB (105.1 FM; DULUTH, MN; Owner: REGENT BROADCASTING OF DULUTH, INC.)
- WJJH (96.7 FM; ASHLAND, WI; Owner: BAY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
TV broadcast stations around Tripp:
- WDIO-TV (Channel 10; DULUTH, MN; Owner: WDIO-TV, LLC)
- KDLH (Channel 3; DULUTH, MN; Owner: CHELSEY BROADCASTING COMPANY OF DULUTH, LLC)
- KBJR-TV (Channel 6; SUPERIOR, WI; Owner: KBJR LICENSE, INC.)
- KQDS-TV (Channel 21; DULUTH, MN; Owner: KQDS ACQUISITION CORP.)
- WAST-LP (Channel 25; ASHLAND, WI; Owner: RESOURCE RECOVERY OF WISCONSIN, INC.)
- WDSE-TV (Channel 8; DULUTH, MN; Owner: DULUTH-SUPERIOR AREA EDUCATIONAL TV CORPORATION)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 4Number of bridges
- 5m16ftTotal length
- 2,450Total average daily traffic
- 2,475Total future (year 2032) average daily traffic
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (46%)
- Wood (31%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (20%)
- Electricity (3%)
Tripp compared to Wisconsin state average:
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.