Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2018, 07:06 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,980,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Manager View Post
Ducey took the governor race in a landslide AFTER the whole Red for Ed fiasco. Any thought that Arizona is turning purple or blue is without merit, just looking at presidential voting history shows no notable shift in decades. The only real movement was Trump ran people to third parties, not to the Dems, which is why I don't get the whole pro-Trump campaign McSally ran.

The fact is that McSally ran a terrible campaign and fumbled the most important question at her debate is why she may very well lose the race. Had this been a race with Lesko for example it wouldn't be close. We will see how moderate Sinema is in the Senate, if she goes to the left as expected there likely won't be a second term.
There’s been a lot of movement actually. Arizona sent 5 democratic congressmen, the SOS race is currently only separated by 400 votes, and the superintendent race was just called for a Democrat.

Arizona has always been light red, but it looks like it’s getting less light red.

The Ducey Garcia race is not representative, rarely does a candidate just give up like Garcia did. Last time, DuVal was pretty close, a competent challenger could have defeated Ducey.

Old 11-12-2018, 07:18 AM

720 posts, read 1,088,679 times
Perhaps I missed it, but I’m not hearing a whole lot of positives about Sinema, just a lot of negatives about McSally. What is exactly appealing about Sinema? Or is it nothing - she just isn’t McSally?

Old 11-12-2018, 07:21 AM

10,765 posts, read 23,880,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aga412 View Post
Perhaps I missed it, but I’m not hearing a whole lot of positives about Sinema, just a lot of negatives about McSally. What is exactly appealing about Sinema? Or is it nothing - she just isn’t McSally?
As they say, mid-terms are often referendum elections. A lot of the disappearing Republican values that McCain and even Goldwater embodied are still present in Arizona. Perhaps many of these independent minded voters bought in to that campaign theme of hers "What's good for Arizonan's" coupled with her voting record. Watch an interview of Sinema's and count how many times she says the word "Arizonans". Maybe the word resonated, regardless of how genuine it may or may not have been.

Watch an interview of McSally' and it's likely to be 80% attack and smear, same smack talking narrative we've seen under this president. Her campaign had the depth of a soapdish. It's lazy and myopic and doesn't give credibility to the candidate that's running. It just distracts and divides. I'll echo others sentiments in this thread, Sinema's voting record in the senate remains to be seen. Anything can happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHIPLUelLRw

Last edited by Champ le monstre du lac; 11-12-2018 at 07:51 AM..

Old 11-12-2018, 09:21 AM

10,060 posts, read 12,838,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_SW_77 View Post
As they say, mid-terms are often referendum elections. A lot of the disappearing Republican values that McCain and even Goldwater embodied are still present in Arizona.
What are those “disappearing Republican values”?

Old 11-12-2018, 09:23 AM

10,060 posts, read 12,838,579 times
When the dust is settled, will we learn that a considerable number of people who voted for McCain ended up voting for Sinema? Is she closer to McCain’s views and style than McSally?

Old 11-12-2018, 09:35 AM

3,424 posts, read 2,931,538 times
McSally ran the most negative, insult laden campaign I have ever seen, and that says alot after living in the political cesspool known as Illinois for many decades, and dealing with the political criminals that we dealt with there..
Terrible campaigning, no real message or vision, aside from bragging about her military service, and how much she loves Trump...Even now a days, you better have some sort of vision, or at least act positively, or you cant hope to win any election..I didnt want Sinema to win under any circumstances, but, after months of listening to the hate mongering coming from McSally,and her complete lack of any vision or plan for Arizona, I didnt think McSally had a chance, and it looks like that is the case..

Old 11-12-2018, 10:34 AM

39,109 posts, read 51,345,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
McSally ran the most negative, insult laden campaign I have ever seen, and that says alot after living in the political cesspool known as Illinois for many decades, and dealing with the political criminals that we dealt with there..
Terrible campaigning, no real message or vision, aside from bragging about her military service, and how much she loves Trump...Even now a days, you better have some sort of vision, or at least act positively, or you cant hope to win any election..I didnt want Sinema to win under any circumstances, but, after months of listening to the hate mongering coming from McSally,and her complete lack of any vision or plan for Arizona, I didnt think McSally had a chance, and it looks like that is the case..
It was not all McSally. Many of those ads were placed by right wing PACs. They, legally at least, do not coordinate with the campaign. I is her fault though that she never ran anything positive. The left PACs also ran ads, but they were more about McSally's record on health care than attacking her personally.

Old 11-12-2018, 10:41 AM

3,424 posts, read 2,931,538 times
yep, the candidate inevitably has the responsibility for what goes on in their campaign, and, she could have easily come out and shot down some of those absurd right wing PAC ads, but, she used them to add to her hate infested feeding frenzy, and, it most likely cost her the election..
Too bad the supreme court has allowed the PACS to spend endless amounts of money spewing hatred, from both sides, and making our political process a painful, hate infested process...

Old 11-12-2018, 01:16 PM

3,062 posts, read 6,710,545 times
One is anti gay, McSally, and the other is gay. Go figure.
I understand now with McSally losing that the governor may well appoint her to continue Kyle's temporary appointment until the next election.
It appears to me that they will both serve as Senators.

Old 11-12-2018, 01:59 PM

17,915 posts, read 43,484,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keninaz View Post
One is anti gay, McSally, and the other is gay. Go figure.
I understand now with McSally losing that the governor may well appoint her to continue Kyle's temporary appointment until the next election.
It appears to me that they will both serve as Senators.

That is exactly what will happen if Sinema wins this election. And, it will be an entirely justifiable choice, since he has to select a Republican, and she has more than a million votes behind her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aga412 View Post

For one, her willingness to work across the aisle, which is a rare thing these days. I think that is one reason why a lot of McCain supporters backed her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona