Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2017, 08:12 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,864,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
took hubby to ER late yesterday so we missed most of the second 1/2. I hated to miss it, but as it turned out am glad we did. Of course not happy I had to leave him in the hospital for a few days and it is a lousy way to miss a game. Our daughter, sil, and their family were there; said it was pathetic.

Hope your hubby is ok. And OF COURSE this game was on CBS for the entire nation to see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2017, 09:36 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,442,866 times
Quote:
took hubby to ER late yesterday so we missed most of the second 1/2. I hated to miss it, but as it turned out am glad we did. Of course not happy I had to leave him in the hospital for a few days and it is a lousy way to miss a game. Our daughter, sil, and their family were there; said it was pathetic.
Praying for your husband's immediate recovery in Jesus' mighty Name. Amen.

Old 09-11-2017, 05:51 AM

2,830 posts, read 2,649,286 times
Quote:
Hope he is ok, staying at the hospital is the worst punishment. Glad you didn't have to see the game as it happened.

Old 09-11-2017, 06:19 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
Hope he is ok, staying at the hospital is the worst punishment. Glad you didn't have to see the game as it happened.
thanks to all of you. We spent a good part of yesterday at the hospital. He is still in ICU but I am sure will be moved today and perhaps come home tomorrow. All they know is he has a severe infection, probably from a horrible cat bite he got a few days ago. They have taken him off a little of his meds, so that is encouraging. Our granddaughter who is a nurse practitioner has been a help. she,at least has been able to explain to us what is going on. Yes, being in a stupid hospital bed with all those tubes in your arms and neck is a pain in more ways than one.

Old 09-21-2017, 11:09 AM

A&M is way down this year. Only beat Nichols St. at Kyle Field by 10. Coach Sumlin's seat is hotter than the metal bleachers in the Texas sun. They've won the last 5 against UA. No doubt in my mind it's gonna be another back & forth game, but the Hogs need to win Saturday. They lose to a down Aggies squad after that pathetic showing against TCU and I'm afraid it's gonna be a REAL long season.

Old 09-22-2017, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
A&M is way down this year. Only beat Nichols St. at Kyle Field by 10. Coach Sumlin's seat is hotter than the metal bleachers in the Texas sun. They've won the last 5 against UA. No doubt in my mind it's gonna be another back & forth game, but the Hogs need to win Saturday. They lose to a down Aggies squad after that pathetic showing against TCU and I'm afraid it's gonna be a REAL long season.
they need to win for sure It is an early game so we will have plenty of time to celebrate afterwards or drown our sorrows in whatever. I think we will come out ahead and everyone will be happy for another week. Le'ts hope.

Old 09-23-2017, 02:08 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,864,280 times
Of course. Unbelievable.

Old 09-23-2017, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Of course. Unbelievable.
No, it's unfortunately become very believable. This team under Beilema couldn't hold a lead if it were sutured, clamped, stapled, tied AND glued to them.

6 straight for the Aggies. And they have to play them every year through 2024???

10-23 in SEC play under Bret now. That's a record I'd expect to see from someone coaching Vanderbilt or Kentucky.

15 million plus to buy him out if UA decides he needs to go.

Enjoy the renovations at the stadium, everyone!

Not good.

At all.

Last edited by Tyryztoll; 09-23-2017 at 03:59 PM..

Old 09-24-2017, 05:14 AM

I have a different take on the game: yes a loss is a loss, and a win, a win, nothing changes that, but I thought, over all we played a good game. Now, that we see how good TCU seems to be, it helps a bit to understand the loss to them. The loss yesterday could have gone either way, at any time. Am I disappointed in the loss? you darn well know I am, my wine bottle shows how disappointed I was: only kidding or at least somewhat kidding) but I feel hopeful the year is not a total loss.

Old 09-24-2017, 08:32 AM

Everything else aside, what is going on with coach B? He looks very unhealthy and is beginning to approach Mark Mangino territory with his weight. I'd estimate he's gained between 50 and 100 lbs. at least since coming to Fayetteville, and he wasn't a small guy to begin with. He's so heavy it looks like he's having trouble walking and he was sweating so bad yesterday I thought he might collapse at times. Even though the team is struggling Bret really does seem like a good guy and I'd hate to see him have serious health issues at such a young age.

Last edited by Tyryztoll; 09-24-2017 at 08:42 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas