Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2012, 07:10 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,606,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeBodyUK View Post
Well you don't see much east-Asian women with blonde hair - I hate that look too!

I once saw a couple in Ikea where the woman was around 4'10" (east-Asian), guy was around 6'4" (white). I thought,"how does he fit into her?!!"
if you watch adult films, you'll have the answer to your question. i'm a big guy (6'5) and have been with a few girls 4'10 and slightly under. honestly tho, everyone is short to me, i dont notice the difference. i only notice height when ppl are noticably taller than me.

Old 09-19-2012, 07:24 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,525,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Data Guy View Post
*does not compute* *does not compute* *does not compute*

*brain explodes*

This makes no sense. Why would a white supremacist have a Hispanic girlfriend AND children in the first place?

This really is not a new phenomenom.

People sometimes compartmentalize things of this nature...ie being prejudiced against a group yet seeing an individual of that group as different/special/not like the others.

Old 09-19-2012, 07:52 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,361,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Actually, a lot of Italian (not Italian Americans) men are marrying North African, African, Jamaican and Caribbean women.
That's where you get the saying that Italian men love Blacks and Blondes.
I've never heard that before, so you learn something new every day, I guess.

Old 09-19-2012, 08:12 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,854,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeBodyUK View Post
Well you don't see much east-Asian women with blonde hair - I hate that look too!
I think I stated it earlier here - if not, then I've definitely stated it in another thread - that excepting culture entirely, I've just always found a lot of the features that are common on Asian women to be exceptionally attractive to my sensibilities, for whatever reason. Black or very dark brown hair is one of them; so are epicanthal folds. One of my friends who's Chinese-American told me once that she wanted to get epicanthoplasty, and I told her that IMHO, it would ruin one of the most beautiful features about her face.

Quote:
I once saw a couple in Ikea where the woman was around 4'10" (east-Asian), guy was around 6'4" (white). I thought,"how does he fit into her?!!"
Without getting all NC-17 or violating the TOS, it took a lot of perseverance and dedication on her end. Once she relaxed about it, it was a lot easier. You definitely come to the realization that nature never necessarily anticipated a woman from the Mekong Delta region shacking up with a guy from the Fjords of Sweden. Poor girl.

Quote:
Middle Eastern guys tend to run after anything that's pale skinned. She could be white, east-Asian, Latina, a pale India girls etc..
I used to work with a lot of Persians and Armenians, and they definitely had a thing for blondes, whether they were pale-skinned or medium-toned, despite the fact that there are so many ridiculously-beautiful women from that region. I guess it boils down to what's "exotic" to you... because I remember one guy's girlfriend would come in, and she was super-curvy, really busty, had full lips and perfect skin, and he was just like "uh huh, yeah honey, thanks" when she'd bring him lunch... then, a chubby, dowdy blonde girl from the Midwest would walk in and he'd be aaaaaaaaall over her. Made absolutely not a lick of sense to me!

Old 09-19-2012, 08:50 PM

16,257 posts, read 43,176,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
I used to work with a lot of Persians and Armenians, and they definitely had a thing for blondes, whether they were pale-skinned or medium-toned, despite the fact that there are so many ridiculously-beautiful women from that region. I guess it boils down to what's "exotic" to you... because I remember one guy's girlfriend would come in, and she was super-curvy, really busty, had full lips and perfect skin, and he was just like "uh huh, yeah honey, thanks" when she'd bring him lunch... then, a chubby, dowdy blonde girl from the Midwest would walk in and he'd be aaaaaaaaall over her. Made absolutely not a lick of sense to me!
Definitely an exotic / opposites attract thing happening there.

As a blond male from the Midwest myself, I find Persian women, Arabic women, Asian women, Latina women, and pretty anyone with darker features, extremely attractive.

When I see the dime-a-dozen midwestern blond (where I'm from) females...they hold no interest whatsoever. I especially notice the least attractive among them, being highly sought out.

On the other hand, I've sought out what I thought to be extremely exotic....only to hear from 'their' locals that that girl is highly NOT attractive in their culture.

I usually tack it down to the fact that they judge the very euro-looking females of their culture to be most attractive. The ironic thing is you'll often hear 'non-whites' talking about this euro-centric beauty forced on them due to a euro-centric world heirarchy. It might be true to some extent, but I find they do that to themselves. Many of us very euro-looking people, actually find the less euro-looking women, to be extremely attractive.

Old 09-19-2012, 09:38 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,361,633 times
Quote:
I'm laughing at this because, as a product of LA, I definitely would say this is so.

Thumbs down to Yasmin from Mesopotamia.
Thumbs up to Brenda from Bloomington, IL, corn-fed and all.

Old 09-19-2012, 09:45 PM

122 posts, read 155,878 times
I don't really prefer them but I'm open to dating a Caucasian man if I'm attracted to him.

Old 09-19-2012, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Definitely an exotic / opposites attract thing happening there.

As a blond male from the Midwest myself, I find Persian women, Arabic women, Asian women, Latina women, and pretty anyone with darker features, extremely attractive.

When I see the dime-a-dozen midwestern blond (where I'm from) females...they hold no interest whatsoever. I especially notice the least attractive among them, being highly sought out.
Yep. Same here. I have absolutely NOTHING against American women or anything like that, which people have been (somewhat embarassingly) railing against in other threads here, it's just that I see blonde hair and blue eyes every time I look in the mirror. I see it in my sisters. I am totally proud of my mostly-Scandanavian heritage, and in no way feel any animosity towards or marginalization from "white" or "American" society. I just... am attracted to women who don't look like me.

Quote:
On the other hand, I've sought out what I thought to be extremely exotic....only to hear from 'their' locals that that girl is highly NOT attractive in their culture.
I was betrothed to a Pakistani/Northern Indian-American girl for some time, and she was a 36DD - easily the bustiest trim, non-mother South Asian woman I've ever met. She was telling me that her family always made fun of her for being busty because it was thought of as being "goofy" or "stupid" in their culture. Go figure...

Quote:
I usually tack it down to the fact that they judge the very euro-looking females of their culture to be most attractive. The ironic thing is you'll often hear 'non-whites' talking about this euro-centric beauty forced on them due to a euro-centric world heirarchy. It might be true to some extent, but I find they do that to themselves.
I've gotten into it over that a few times with either people who are from overseas, or from American apologists over this matter. Let's use Baywatch as an example... crummy show, stereotypical surgically-enhanced bottle blondes bouncing across LA beaches. They shipped it all over the world, and people ate it up in Europe, Asia, and Latin America. No one was forcing them to watch it... no one forces people in India to fawn over female Bollywood stars who are lighter-skinned and have blue or green eyes, or to worship stars who are lighter-skinned and then dye their hair blonde or auburn and wear blue contact lenses in Japan. Exotic is exotic, whatever metric people use to set it.

Quote:
Many of us very euro-looking people, actually find the less euro-looking women, to be extremely attractive.
Werd to that! :e-beer:

Old 09-19-2012, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I'm laughing at this because, as a product of LA, I definitely would say this is so.

Thumbs down to Yasmin from Mesopotamia.
Thumbs up to Brenda from Bloomington, IL, corn-fed and all.
Yeah, it's about as LA as it gets I'm dead serious... this dude, Hossein... his girlfriend was SCORCHING hot, and myself, the other white guy, and the black guy that were there would just laugh how he was with this woman who was a perfect 10 and he'd complain about how lazy she was and how bitchy and boring she was... all she ever wanted to do was stay at home... she never wanted to go out to dinner, she always wanted to cook for him...

Then, a 215lb, 5'4 blonde haired/blue-eyed woman wearing a "Goofy" sweater, pug nose, and a shapeless, ottoman-sized butt in Walmart jeans would waddle by and he'd just sit there transfixed and go,

"MY FRIENDS! DID YOU SEE THAT WOMAN?"
"... you mean that frumpy, chunky blonde one that just walked by?"
"#@!##$ MY FRIEND, what are you talking about? She is AMAZING. So beautiful! Perfect. Perfect!"

He and Armin would go on about it for the next half hour

Old 09-19-2012, 10:40 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,525,235 times
Quote:
Yeah, it's about as LA as it gets I'm dead serious... this dude, Hossein... his girlfriend was SCORCHING hot, and myself, the other white guy, and the black guy that were there would just laugh how he was with this woman who was a perfect 10 and he'd complain about how lazy she was and how bitchy and boring she was... all she ever wanted to do was stay at home... she never wanted to go out to dinner, she always wanted to cook for him...

Then, a 215lb, 5'4 blonde haired/blue-eyed woman wearing a "Goofy" sweater, pug nose, and a shapeless, ottoman-sized butt in Walmart jeans would waddle by and he'd just sit there transfixed and go,

"MY FRIENDS! DID YOU SEE THAT WOMAN?"
"... you mean that frumpy, chunky blonde one that just walked by?"
"#@!##$ MY FRIEND, what are you talking about? She is AMAZING. So beautiful! Perfect. Perfect!"

He and Armin would go on about it for the next half hour

I guess it just goes to show that the grass is ALWAYS greener on the other side. I think that it is important for us as women to understand this dynamic (and possibly acknowledge that we sometimes do the same).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia