Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2012, 02:52 AM

385 posts, read 859,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsa1775 View Post
Personally i dont really think that asian women (that is asian women who live in asia, speak an asian language etc) really seek out Caucasian men, and if they do they are only after your money.

The may find Caucasian men attractive, but they also have family, language and religious issues etc to get around and these are very difficult things to overcome, I know that from experience.

As for your english speaking all american asian, then you could be talking a different story.
so what you're saying is, is that my wife only married me for my money, ROFLMFAO, man that is so wrong in so many ways

Old 09-18-2012, 04:02 AM

5,059 posts, read 7,502,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonsong View Post
so what you're saying is, is that my wife only married me for my money, ROFLMFAO, man that is so wrong in so many ways
If you have spent any significant time in asia at all you would know what I talking about.

Old 09-18-2012, 04:08 AM

16,259 posts, read 43,206,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonsong View Post
Quote:
If you have spent any significant time in asia at all you would know what I talking about.
ASIA is so vast and different, and so many cultures. You can't really say that ALL ASIAN WOMEN marry ALL WHITE MEN solely for $$$.

Plenty of countries like South Korea and Japan, where most Korean men and Japanese men are earning $$ quite well, you certainly can't say that Korean or Japanese women are looking for white men for $$. It just isn't the case at all. They are better off looking in their own country among their own people for $$. They'll find more of it there.

I suppose to a certain degree, a person COULD say that women, in general, are looking for men with $$$ despite their race. Even in caucasian-land countries, most women are looking for the doctors, lawyers, and such.....rather than looking for the factory workers, the unemployed, and the Wal-Mart greeters.

Old 09-18-2012, 04:33 AM

5,059 posts, read 7,502,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
ASIA is so vast and different, and so many cultures. You can't really say that ALL ASIAN WOMEN marry ALL WHITE MEN solely for $$$.

Plenty of countries like South Korea and Japan, where most Korean men and Japanese men are earning $$ quite well, you certainly can't say that Korean or Japanese women are looking for white men for $$. It just isn't the case at all. They are better off looking in their own country among their own people for $$. They'll find more of it there.

I suppose to a certain degree, a person COULD say that women, in general, are looking for men with $$$ despite their race. Even in caucasian-land countries, most women are looking for the doctors, lawyers, and such.....rather than looking for the factory workers, the unemployed, and the Wal-Mart greeters.
Would someone kindly read my post? I said they never REALLY seek out Causasian men, That DOES NOT MEAN you will not find and marry a girl by any normal method, but if you think you’re going to have girls constantly running after you down the streets of east asia simply because you are white, you have got another thing coming.

I myself are married to a Korean have spent a year living in the country, and another two years travelling through the rest of east Asia on top of that, it’s not as long as Tiger Beer I know, but I don't need any lessons in the various different cultures of East Asia.

Once you meat a girl getting to love her an marry her is also full of problems, the first time my wife told her mother she was getting married to a whtie guy, her mother slammed the phone down and refused to speak to her.

Last edited by danielsa1775; 09-18-2012 at 05:08 AM..

Old 09-18-2012, 04:42 AM

987 posts, read 1,386,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Just all the comments on this page alone has all the varying answers that are factual! It's just all about each to one's preference at the right time, place and with whom, but the intentions just may vary depending on one's circumstances! Sometimes it's the luck of the draw, a leap of faith or it's their final chance or last resort to grab on to anything or anyone no matter the outcome of their future!

Old 09-18-2012, 08:30 AM

385 posts, read 859,335 times
Quote:
I have been to China so many times from 2008 until this year that US Customs wants to know why every time I came home, so yes, I've spent a large amount of time in Asia.
How long have you been in Asia?, just wondering and please don't take offense, I haven't, my wife on the other hand.... well lets just say I won't repeat what she called you lol

Old 09-18-2012, 10:05 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,866,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Also, prior to probably the Vietnam war era, when Asian women suddenly become popular due to what the GI's had been exposed to, the most common Asian/white pairings involved Asian men. Prior to 1900 by a long shot, largely because most immigrants from Asian nations were mostly men.
Totally true, but something that's lost on a lot of people nowadays because of current cultural norms. Hell, even though I'm 28, when I was a kid in Seattle, most of my friends who were hapa had an Asian-American dad and a white mom.

When we were on base (my dad was military), it was the other way around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bolo
also lots of white guys that marry asian women are racist against asian people but they say they are married to an asian lady so they are not racist, etc, but they still try to put down asian men as inferior
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer
Actually, you're making a racist statement to make those claims.
Although I take fault with the notion that many, i.e., a majority or even a small minority, of white guys who marry Asian women would have any latent racism against Asians, there are certainly guys who match this statement. For instance: Terry Nichols, Oklahoma City bomber, white supremacist. Wife is a Filipina; had a half-Filipino child with her But, this sets the stage for the sort of guy who's a racist, but willing to marry someone who's not of his race... he probably has the sort of personal and social failings and ills that women from his own country - of any race - won't touch him, so, he resorts to paying for a woman to come from overseas who will put up with his BS because she views it as a marriage of convenience.

It's puzzling me due in part to the fact that when you have a child, that child will be half of whatever the mother is. I don't understand how you can be so ignorant as to sever any connection between stereotyping any individual person as "one of them," when the same could be said of your own child.

But, in my experience, for every one white guy who marries an Asian woman and has contempt for her race or ancestral culture, you've got four guys who are largely indifferent or unaware but look at it fondly, and five who have at least some degree of enthusiasm if not a keen interest in it.

Old 09-18-2012, 10:08 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
Or around a military base.

Actually, one of my best friends (Filipina) pointed out to me that there you will ALWAYS find Filipinos (and other Asians) living in close proximity to US military bases. I had never noticed that before.

Old 09-18-2012, 10:16 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,866,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art2ro View Post
Just all the comments on this page alone has all the varying answers that are factual!
Yep, this is the problem with trying to use blanket stereotypes to make a statement about an entire race that comprises of billions of people, all over the globe, from completely divergent economic, social, spiritual, national, and cultural backgrounds... you can't!! You can't even start to.

Old 09-18-2012, 10:20 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post

Although I take fault with the notion that many, i.e., a majority or even a small minority, of white guys who marry Asian women would have any latent racism against Asians, there are certainly guys who match this statement. For instance: Terry Nichols, Oklahoma City bomber, white supremacist. Wife is a Filipina; had a half-Filipino child with her But, this sets the stage for the sort of guy who's a racist, but willing to marry someone who's not of his race... he probably has the sort of personal and social failings and ills that women from his own country - of any race - won't touch him, so, he resorts to paying for a woman to come from overseas who will put up with his BS because she views it as a marriage of convenience.

It's puzzling me due in part to the fact that when you have a child, that child will be half of whatever the mother is. I don't understand how you can be so ignorant as to sever any connection between stereotyping any individual person as "one of them," when the same could be said of your own child.

But, in my experience, for every one white guy who marries an Asian woman and has contempt for her race or ancestral culture, you've got four guys who are largely indifferent or unaware but look at it fondly, and five who have at least some degree of enthusiasm if not a keen interest in it.
This is not a new phenomenom. I think that these men place these non-white women into a separate category as if to say they aren't like the "others".

Many slave owners had Black "mistresses" (for lack of a better word) and had children with Black women yet were still racist enough to not see Black people as "human".

Another example, the Arizona white supremacist border guard JT Ready that recently commited a murder-suicide against his Hispanic girlfriend and her Hispanic children.

I happens all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia