Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 09:23 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,100,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
Kudzu,
Tell your son that these Singaporean women are looking for someone like him...they're celebrities too..good luck!

Diva - Actress needs sperm donor - Caucasian preferred
I sent him the link and I'm interested to see his reaction. Many thanks. This sperm bank may very well be the people he is working with.

Old 09-16-2012, 12:32 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,988,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bolo View Post
tons of asian women from poorer countries will do anything to get over here, just look at the statistics and you will find most or almost all asian women that marry a caucasion come from one of the poorer asian countries definitely for citizenship, money, economic hardship
That does not mean that the vast majority marrying men (whatever complexion) are doing it for anything but love. I'm really very tired of hearing this in threads. And while you're at it, don't forget the men that con women into believing they genuinely care and love them, while their intent is to use the woman with no intention of ever marrying her. I'm really surprised these types of comments are tolerated here at all, as it is in my opinion, offensive to a large number of people. While I know there are people that are not sincere out there, I will not paint with such broad strokes labeling everyone as users because they happen to come from a poorer country. There are users everywhere, imagine that...even in western countries and the USA. Ever heard of the term, "trading up"?

Regarding the OP's question. Some women might equate certain general positive characteristics to white men and therefore prefer to find a white man based on what they perceive to be true about Caucasian men. Some may state they do not want to date men from their country as they feel they are not good husband material. With others it maybe a preference. There is nothing wrong with finding one group more attractive than another. People still marry for love, not because of color. In the USA 1 out of 12 are now in an interracial marriage. The trend toward interracial relationships and marriages will continue as todays youth are not so caught up with colors.

Old 09-16-2012, 03:45 PM

1,189 posts, read 2,554,760 times
The answer to your question is of course many Asian women seek out and prefer Caucasian men. Many Caucasian men seek out and prefer Asian women. They are seeking and preferring each other. Its just that basic and simple. Its so common, its not even an issue.

Old 09-16-2012, 04:08 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,379,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy74 View Post
The answer to your question is of course many Asian women seek out and prefer Caucasian men. Many Caucasian men seek out and prefer Asian women. They are seeking and preferring each other. Its just that basic and simple. Its so common, its not even an issue.
It sounds like you live in the Bay Area and your viewpoint is skewed.

More Asian women prefer Caucasian men than the other way around. It's not even close.

Old 09-16-2012, 04:38 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,866,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
That does not mean that the vast majority marrying men (whatever complexion) are doing it for anything but love. I'm really very tired of hearing this in threads. And while you're at it, don't forget the men that con women into believing they genuinely care and love them, while their intent is to use the woman with no intention of ever marrying her. I'm really surprised these types of comments are tolerated here at all, as it is in my opinion, offensive to a large number of people. While I know there are people that are not sincere out there, I will not paint with such broad strokes labeling everyone as users because they happen to come from a poorer country. There are users everywhere, imagine that...even in western countries and the USA. Ever heard of the term, "trading up"?
I'm right there with you. I get really, really sick of hearing people repeat as fact the incredibly ignorant opinion that Asian women and white men marry for any reason other than love and mutual attraction at a rate any higher than any other group.

My (white, ethnically Swedish) grandfather married an Asian-American woman at a point in time when it was still illegal in half of the country and generally frowned upon, back in the 30's. He sure didn't do it because he thought that "Asian women make better wives" or because he thought she'd be "arm candy," and she would have gotten a hell of a lot less grief from white people as well as Asians if she had just stuck with an Asian guy herself.

Having grown up with numerous hapa friends and knowing their families, let alone people of other bicracial or multi-national origins, I have found that the vast bulk of interracial/national relationships happen for the same reason that any other relationships happen: mutual attraction, shared interests and personality traits, and similar life goals and values, all of which can certainly cross racial and cultural boundaries.

Quote:
Regarding the OP's question. Some women might equate certain general positive characteristics to white men and therefore prefer to find a white man based on what they perceive to be true about Caucasian men. Some may state they do not want to date men from their country as they feel they are not good husband material. With others it maybe a preference. There is nothing wrong with finding one group more attractive than another. People still marry for love, not because of color. In the USA 1 out of 12 are now in an interracial marriage. The trend toward interracial relationships and marriages will continue as todays youth are not so caught up with colors.
Whenever I've gotten into a discussion about peoples' dating preferences, I often bring up height preferences that you hear a lot of women talk about: I'm 6'2, and have often had my exes gush about how tall I am, especially relative to guys they've dated who were shorter. I've heard female friends talk about how a guy is "great," but then lament how short he is; go on dating websites that allow for such metrics, and most women prefer a guy who's at least 5'10, 5'11, or 6'0. How many people have such a sharp opposition to women having height preferences? And yet, in my opinion, this is no different from a white woman saying that she prefers black guys because of their complexion, or a white guy saying he likes Asian gals because of their eyes or facial features.

It's a personal preference that no one has to answer to anyone for but themselves.

Old 09-16-2012, 05:22 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,076,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post

More Asian women prefer Caucasian men than the other way around. It's not even close.
Yeah I think the supposed preference for Asian women is way overblown. Many white guys might be OPEN to dating them but they still far and away prefer white women. The typical Asian woman is often not really noticed even, only those deemed 'hot.' It seems pretty common for men of any race to prefer white women, and vice versa, there's still this idea that they are the default or the superior because all the celebrities etc are still mostly white. Of course this isn't the case in Asia itself. It's fine to have preferences, but it is a little sad when you have an Asian male or female just fawning over white people, specifically aiming to land a white partner, because they perceive them as physically superior/more attractive. Maybe they can't help it, to an extent, but that's just how it is.

Old 09-16-2012, 06:22 PM

2,223 posts, read 5,487,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
My grown son lives in Singapore and he has been asked to become an anonymous sperm donor. He was told many couples seeking this service prefer a Caucasian donor. I was surprised.

Well, depends on. How much can ya make by doing this?

He also tells me he has absolutely no trouble attracting the interest of Asian women and frequently finds himself the center of attention at social functions. I know many Caucasian people live all over the world and in Singapore so it's not like they are an oddity.

I suppose it has something to do wit the fact that Singapore is not racially diverse and there's hardly anybody else but Asians. So he is very "exotic" to them.

He has adopted Asian sisters and we are a very progressive family and maybe it is his level of comfort with all kinds which makes him attractive to these people. I'm just wondering if the ladies on this forum would answer my question. Do you or do you know ladies who seek out Caucasian men?

I think I have answered this question above. He's just different, and there are not a lot of people like him. It's a demand and supply thing, if you will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Yeah I think the supposed preference for Asian women is way overblown. Many white guys might be OPEN to dating them but they still far and away prefer white women. The typical Asian woman is often not really noticed even, only those deemed 'hot.' It seems pretty common for men of any race to prefer white women, and vice versa, there's still this idea that they are the default or the superior because all the celebrities etc are still mostly white. Of course this isn't the case in Asia itself. It's fine to have preferences, but it is a little sad when you have an Asian male or female just fawning over white people, specifically aiming to land a white partner, because they perceive them as physically superior/more attractive.

Well, but this is a preference. Isn't this how women subconsciously select their partner, so to speak? He gotta be a "provider".

Maybe they can't help it, to an extent, but that's just how it is.
How would you know that? You probably just base it on the stereotype that white men are popular. Why you think a lot of men go to Thailand? Women wouldn't do such a thing. At least the vast majority of them. I've seen a documentary on TV about white women having lovers in Africa and Asia. It's just a lot less women. So the talk is mostly about the men.

Most of Asia is pretty poor. Can't blame them for wanting to better their lives. Of course, this would be a very questionable way of improving your life, but women tend to like older men anyway. So I don't think they settle for some ugly ( in their opinion) dudes or anything. Money makes sexy. I mean, look at Hugh Heffner. He's an ancient, wrinkly, sagging, walking sac of pity.

Old 09-16-2012, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glucorious View Post
How would you know that? You probably just base it on the stereotype that white men are popular. Why you think a lot of men go to Thailand? Women wouldn't do such a thing. At least the vast majority of them. I've seen a documentary on TV about white women having lovers in Africa and Asia. It's just a lot less women. So the talk is mostly about the men.

Most of Asia is pretty poor. Can't blame them for wanting to better their lives. Of course, this would be a very questionable way of improving your life, but women tend to like older men anyway. So I don't think they settle for some ugly ( in their opinion) dudes or anything. Money makes sexy. I mean, look at Hugh Heffner. He's an ancient, wrinkly, sagging, walking sac of pity.
Well I am Asian myself and have a pretty good idea of the attitudes of Asian Australians and Asians in Australia. That's true with men sex is sex, so that's why they seem to be more open to 'dating' other races. Still, I think the broader cultural attitudes of a society definitely can influence somebody's so-called 'innate' preferences.

Well throughout history marriages have often been about economics or social standing rather than 'romantic love.' Maybe the rich could indulge in pairings based on the noble idea of romantic love, but throughout much of human history marriage has been a decidedly pragmatic transaction.

Old 09-16-2012, 08:00 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,609,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Yeah I think the supposed preference for Asian women is way overblown. Many white guys might be OPEN to dating them but they still far and away prefer white women. The typical Asian woman is often not really noticed even, only those deemed 'hot.' It seems pretty common for men of any race to prefer white women
i dont get this at all. most white celebrities are not very attractive. a 10 is a 10 in any country, but in my experience there is a larger proportion of 8s, 9s, 10s on uni campuses in east/southeast asia as opposed to US, mexico, etc.

Old 09-16-2012, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
i dont get this at all. most white celebrities are not very attractive. a 10 is a 10 in any country, but in my experience there is a larger proportion of 8s, 9s, 10s on uni campuses in east/southeast asia as opposed to US, mexico, etc.

Actually on a per capita basis I don't think the typical 'blue eyed blonde eyed' stereotype ranks very highly at all.

I find the average South America more attractive than the average N. America. In many Asian countries the average level of attractiveness is also as high.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia