U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 09-14-2012, 10:30 AM
 
Location: Chapel Hill, N.C.
36,484 posts, read 43,730,834 times
Reputation: 47257

Advertisements

My grown son lives in Singapore and he has been asked to become an anonymous sperm donor. He was told many couples seeking this service prefer a Caucasian donor. I was surprised.
He also tells me he has absolutely no trouble attracting the interest of Asian women and frequently finds himself the center of attention at social functions. I know many Caucasian people live all over the world and in Singapore so it's not like they are an oddity.

He has adopted Asian sisters and we are a very progressive family and maybe it is his level of comfort with all kinds which makes him attractive to these people. I'm just wondering if the ladies on this forum would answer my question. Do you or do you know ladies who seek out Caucasian men?

 
Old 09-14-2012, 11:50 PM
 
2,401 posts, read 3,958,300 times
Reputation: 2175
Honestly.
Seriously honestly.

Even with that "concept" that many Asians prefer Caucasian men...

I think to choose your life partner just based upon one's skin color (surface) & not because of the "inside" (character / personality etc.) of a person is making a seriously fatal mistake.

Because I am sure...

Even applied for yourself...

Will not want to hear that future daughter in law for your son to say...

"Well, I love your son because he is Caucasian... and I prefer Caucasian plus will ONLY marry a Caucasian."



Yah... imagine that!!!

I sure don't want my husband to say he married me just because he happens to prefer Asian.
He did not love me for me but because I am Asian...

Yah... that works.
 
Old 09-15-2012, 12:04 AM
 
Location: Macao
15,943 posts, read 36,139,074 times
Reputation: 9478
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
My grown son lives in Singapore and he has been asked to become an anonymous sperm donor. He was told many couples seeking this service prefer a Caucasian donor. I was surprised.
He also tells me he has absolutely no trouble attracting the interest of Asian women and frequently finds himself the center of attention at social functions. I know many Caucasian people live all over the world and in Singapore so it's not like they are an oddity.

He has adopted Asian sisters and we are a very progressive family and maybe it is his level of comfort with all kinds which makes him attractive to these people. I'm just wondering if the ladies on this forum would answer my question. Do you or do you know ladies who seek out Caucasian men?
Sounds conceited and egotistical. Hopefully he doesn't really believe he's god's gift to asian women.

Generally speaking though, MOST expats living and working in Singapore have a really large expat account through some large company, especially the American ones. So, if he's really attracting all kinds of women all the time, it's because they see an ATM on his forehead....and a life of wealth among the top earners in the world.
 
Old 09-15-2012, 12:10 AM
 
Location: The western periphery of Terra Australis
24,683 posts, read 45,344,192 times
Reputation: 11862
I would say there's definitely some of that. My Caucasian friend attracts Asian women who come here with ease, in fact many times they pursue him, while he doesn't have as much luck with white women. It's just a percentage of women, though, but sizeable enough. I think even just being from a Western country might help, I mean they seem pretty curious about me being Australian when I go to Asian countries.
 
Old 09-15-2012, 05:42 AM
 
Location: Chapel Hill, N.C.
36,484 posts, read 43,730,834 times
Reputation: 47257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Sounds conceited and egotistical. Hopefully he doesn't really believe he's god's gift to asian women.

Generally speaking though, MOST expats living and working in Singapore have a really large expat account through some large company, especially the American ones. So, if he's really attracting all kinds of women all the time, it's because they see an ATM on his forehead....and a life of wealth among the top earners in the world.
Noting could be further from the truth. He is a new PhD on his first post doc barely making it and he dresses accordingly (sadly). And your comments are extremely condescending to Asian women, as if they are attracted to foreign men only for money.

He is fresh out of a long relationship back home and is enjoying being single again and is enjoying the attention. Not a conceited bone in his body!
 
Old 09-15-2012, 05:47 AM
 
Location: Chapel Hill, N.C.
36,484 posts, read 43,730,834 times
Reputation: 47257
Quote:
Originally Posted by hueyeats View Post
Honestly.
Seriously honestly.

Even with that "concept" that many Asians prefer Caucasian men...

I think to choose your life partner just based upon one's skin color (surface) & not because of the "inside" (character / personality etc.) of a person is making a seriously fatal mistake.

Because I am sure...

Even applied for yourself...

Will not want to hear that future daughter in law for your son to say...

"Well, I love your son because he is Caucasian... and I prefer Caucasian plus will ONLY marry a Caucasian."



Yah... imagine that!!!

I sure don't want my husband to say he married me just because he happens to prefer Asian.
He did not love me for me but because I am Asian...

Yah... that works.
Sorry you took offence at my post. None was meant. He is not looking for a life partner---of any race or color. I was surprised he was asked for his sperm for Asian couples, not necessarily in place of a Caucasian father. That was quite a shock for me and him too.

And we all know there are people of both sexes who prefer to date people of a different race. Happens here and all over the world. We all have particular features and looks and yes even races we find more attractive than others. Nothing wrong with that at all.
 
Old 09-15-2012, 10:38 AM
 
Location: San Francisco, California
1,953 posts, read 5,201,777 times
Reputation: 2294
not in the USA if the asian woman is already a legal resident, in the US some asian women prefer a caucasion, but most marry other asians here

tons of asian women from poorer countries will do anything to get over here, just look at the statistics and you will find most or almost all asian women that marry a caucasion come from one of the poorer asian countries

definitely for citizenship, money, economic hardship

Ive even had students / workers from asian countries that live here on student or worker visas try and hook up and marry me as well, it's not for the race

Last edited by mr bolo; 09-15-2012 at 10:49 AM..
 
Old 09-15-2012, 10:50 AM
 
2,401 posts, read 3,958,300 times
Reputation: 2175
No insult taken but I do like to "clarify" matters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
.....

And we all know there are people of both sexes who prefer to date people of a different race. Happens here and all over the world.

Usually when there is a certain "preferance" there is a unfair pre-judgement "mind set" already in place.
In USA... such preferances of the pre-mindset judgement is usually the start of many racial issues... be it a prefer as a "good" way (say malay preferred in Singapore for *free* education) or prefer in the "bad" way (say prefer "blacks" in USA as more likely to commit crimes)... still "racially inclined". That good or bad is still undenialably racism when applied in its fairness & equality.

We all have particular features and looks and yes even races we find more attractive than others. Nothing wrong with that at all.

I would agree... with that applied to tastes, styles etc. for the matter... but... see below...
Would one not agree...
That in a perfection of a love found in that partnership...

That even when the other lacked what their S/O sought for "ideally" in their S/O that the love & bonding of that time spent together would have conquered the flaws (even lacking in the physical feature department or the character / financial department etc.) and "look beyond" the surface of a person into the "beauty inside"???

Again... YOU would not want that future Dil (daughter in law) to want him when he dresses well & dressed for the part, but when he met with an unfortunate illness / acident that make him incapable to dress & look the part... to find out that Dil no longer want him as her ideal but see him as a burden... right???

In the sacredness of marriage...
Doesn't "in sickness or in health" actually mean something????

Personal note to the foreigners too...
Many foreigners actually "want" to come to Singapore & be a legal resident over here.
Yah... our country is "that great" (Singapore is not considered Asia's Swiss for its banking for nothing) & that much of a "happy" place; I am very proud of what my country have become too.
We are overcrowded already & to get our residency is by no means an easy feat.
So... yah...
One easy way to get that residency... IS by getting one of our people to marry them (you know, same with the marry for the green card scenario??).

Personal feelings on that matter...
No, I don't want these lessor people who cannot get the residency via their own prowess (wealth as another indicated & or "brain prowess") to corrupt my country. We seriously don't need the "extra baggage" in such a small country.. KWIM???.

*** P.S.
I do hope SG girls don't sell themselves short too...
You live in a great country, YOU are actually "very sought after"... think!!!
(Caucasians, foreigners aren't the "bomb" anymore; just look at the EU debt, the American downgrades etc.... if you consider that marrying a Causasian a "trend", that is sooo in the past. Think "if" you are truly that SG materialistic girl as your fellow Asian countries think you to be...)
Don't settle for someone who love you only for your looks.
Get what you really deserve... the whole package of that rare true love.
 
Old 09-15-2012, 05:28 PM
 
Location: Macao
15,943 posts, read 36,139,074 times
Reputation: 9478
I've been to Singapore 7-8 times....I didn't recall any swath of Asian women constantly try to meet me (unless I went to the bars). Definitely not among the Singaporean women who already have a high standard of living.

What you DO have in Singapore is a small scene of Thai, Filipina, Indonesian, Vietnamese prostitutes who roam around the bars and clubs, and many are in the 'House of Whores' on Orchard Road and plenty of other places in all of the popular nightlife areas. They do their best to separate the $$$ out of your pocket, by trying to induce you to buying lady drinks. It's SUPER expensive in Singapore, so most travelers who like that opt for that in Thailand instead. Foreign men on business accounts don't mind spending that money at all, so you see them all over those neighborhoods regularly emptying out their wallets.

So, my guess, is anyone who thinks they're doing well with the local ladies, is being completely deceived entirely on a few different levels. They aren't Singaporean, and they aren't 'just regular girls'.

Countries like Singapore and Malaysia are NOT countries a person goes to, to meet the local ladies. Some of those higher prostitution-oriented countries like Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines ARE those kinds of places...and many of those prostitutes go to work in cities like Singapore just because they know there are high-paid expats and business professionals going through that city. Additionally, many of those expats/salarymen/etc. don't have very good skills to sorting out who is who, so it's entirely likely they can end up in relationships with prostitutes who aren't letting it be known they specifically came to SG as a prostitute.

Last edited by Tiger Beer; 09-15-2012 at 05:42 PM..
 
Old 09-15-2012, 07:51 PM
JL
 
7,351 posts, read 11,876,045 times
Reputation: 7198
Kudzu,
Tell your son that these Singaporean women are looking for someone like him...they're celebrities too..good luck!

Diva - Actress needs sperm donor - Caucasian preferred
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top