Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2012, 07:59 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GogoG View Post
I only ever see white men dating Asian women in SF Bay Area. To each their own. As an attractive white woman told if I "lived anywhere else I'd meet guys who would want to date me" it understandably bothers me. Now I just do my own thing and have totally talked myself out of wanting to meet someone.
You must be either a very undesirable white woman who is self deluded or is just talking a whole lot of ****e.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:07 AM

16,259 posts, read 43,195,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GogoG View Post
I only ever see white men dating Asian women in SF Bay Area. To each their own. As an attractive white woman told if I "lived anywhere else I'd meet guys who would want to date me" it understandably bothers me. Now I just do my own thing and have totally talked myself out of wanting to meet someone.
Now that I think about it, SF would be tough for a white woman.

There are a lot of Asian women to date there. Plus, a huge gay scene that would take more men out of the market.

I lived in SF for a year, and met who became my future wife. I do recall meeting a very attractive white woman, one who I would have absolutely loved to date. Anywhere else, and she wouldn't have been single. But I couldn't date her because I was already dating someone, but I could tell she was interested in the possibility.

Old 10-23-2012, 02:31 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
My grown son lives in Singapore and he has been asked to become an anonymous sperm donor. He was told many couples seeking this service prefer a Caucasian donor. I was surprised.
He also tells me he has absolutely no trouble attracting the interest of Asian women and frequently finds himself the center of attention at social functions. I know many Caucasian people live all over the world and in Singapore so it's not like they are an oddity.

He has adopted Asian sisters and we are a very progressive family and maybe it is his level of comfort with all kinds which makes him attractive to these people. I'm just wondering if the ladies on this forum would answer my question. Do you or do you know ladies who seek out Caucasian men?
I call BS...not in Singapore at least. The country is too westernized, caucasian expats are not a rarety or chick magnets. Now some of the asian countries...mayybeee. Singapore women from my experience are somewhat shy, others are materialistic in a western sort of way, and they may be attracted more to his wallet or the prosperity that the west represents then to any physical or personality feature.
There is some interest in mixed asian/western babies however.

I see I am entering this thread late however and the topic is turning from the original topic, as usually happens. Fair enough - but CHINESE women are not SINGAPORE women. MALAY women are not SINGAPORE women. It's dangerious to claissify asian women from different countries under one category (for that matter, of course, it's dangerious to classify women at all, even within the same country). At the same time, it is totally irrelevant to bring up 1st or 2nd generation American women of Asian descent - as that has very little of the cultural significance that the OP was trying to categorize. Different topic altogether in my opinion. One hint however - from my understanding, cultured asian women are turning of by any "yellow fever" type racial preferences.

Last edited by Dd714; 10-23-2012 at 02:40 PM..

Old 10-25-2012, 10:51 AM

2,223 posts, read 5,487,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
I call BS...not in Singapore at least. The country is too westernized, caucasian expats are not a rarety or chick magnets. Now some of the asian countries...mayybeee. Singapore women from my experience are somewhat shy, others are materialistic in a western sort of way, and they may be attracted more to his wallet or the prosperity that the west represents then to any physical or personality feature.
There is some interest in mixed asian/western babies however.

I see I am entering this thread late however and the topic is turning from the original topic, as usually happens. Fair enough - but CHINESE women are not SINGAPORE women. MALAY women are not SINGAPORE women. It's dangerious to claissify asian women from different countries under one category (for that matter, of course, it's dangerious to classify women at all, even within the same country). At the same time, it is totally irrelevant to bring up 1st or 2nd generation American women of Asian descent - as that has very little of the cultural significance that the OP was trying to categorize. Different topic altogether in my opinion. One hint however - from my understanding, cultured asian women are turning of by any "yellow fever" type racial preferences.
There sure as hell are lots of "Rice for Potatoes" folks. Trust me.. I know. And there's nothing wrong with that.
If you can't get laid, don't blame others. It's you, not them.

Old 10-26-2012, 07:15 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glucorious View Post
There sure as hell are lots of "Rice for Potatoes" folks. Trust me.. I know. And there's nothing wrong with that.
If you can't get laid, don't blame others. It's you, not them.
All I know, is when I walk down the streets in Shanghai, or in the hotels, I have women coming at me left and right. But, ummmm, they are pros. So of course that doesn't count.
My wife kind of frowns on that activity as well.

Old 10-26-2012, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
All I know, is when I walk down the streets in Shanghai, or in the hotels, I have women coming at me left and right. But, ummmm, they are pros. So of course that doesn't count.
My wife kind of frowns on that activity as well.
I'm a 'westerner' culturally but am Asian and i still get hassled just the same as any farang in Thailand, all they see is a dollar sign. In actual fact most of the men who visit SE Asia for sex are from elsewhere in Asia its just that no one notices it.

Old 12-15-2012, 08:16 AM

6 posts, read 9,466 times
I'm a man but I'd like to share my dating experience, which is that regardless of race it's still the man that has to seek out women and not vice-versa.

That a lot of Asian women have white boyfriends is mainly the work of white men such as myself actively seeking out Asian women, other women don't really interest me that much and I know that a lot of white men are just like me.

/Oskar

Old 12-15-2012, 08:47 AM

560 posts, read 581,542 times
I think what it really comes down to is that opposites attract. I've dated latina, asian, caucasion and black etc. Most people in their early dating and/or relationships go about it within their own race. Sometimes these early experiences in their lives dont go well, so something out of the norm is suddenly very attractive and appealing, different, exotic if you will. As far as asian women, caucasion men are very different than asian men, physically, culturally and personality wise. This difference can be very attractive to some.

Old 12-15-2012, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ❤Asian-Girls❤ View Post
I'm a man but I'd like to share my dating experience, which is that regardless of race it's still the man that has to seek out women and not vice-versa.

That a lot of Asian women have white boyfriends is mainly the work of white men such as myself actively seeking out Asian women, other women don't really interest me that much and I know that a lot of white men are just like me.

/Oskar
I've heard white men say that when they go to Japan women just throw themselves at them in a way that would never happen in a Western country.

Old 12-15-2012, 08:28 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,608,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I've heard white men say that when they go to Japan women just throw themselves at them in a way that would never happen in a Western country.
ive heard that too but think its lies cuz never seen or experienced it in japan. only places ive experienced this are some parts of philippines, and interior china (like chengdu, chongqing, wuhan, etc). everywhere else ive had to put at least some effort in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia