Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 02:43 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,895,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatgirl007 View Post
The Obama's in the white house.
We don't have anything else. We lost black love on so many levels and it seems like for all our education, entrepreneurship, and black association meetings we are rapidly back peddlin.
Overpopulated jails with african american males, 70% of black women unwed mothers, and our per capita income is a joke compared to others.................BUT
If we reclaim our morals/standards as we once had with religion being our backbone to carry on, make good decisions about our lives and futures, and partner/marry with like minded people we can turn this stuff around on so many levels. The trickle down effect would be monumental.

I agree with this post . I can remember when blacks men stayed with family and the black churches were packed every Sunday . Equal rights were happening and blacks were progreesing, then came the hippy and immoral generation and race hustlers that desroyed and divided us all . We are now more divided than ever .

Old 08-09-2009, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britishintown View Post
I remember being told there would never be a black president but here we are, yes I know he is mixed race but he looks more black than white, he is also very impressive to my mind, he speaks exceptionally well, it is a pure pleasure to listen to him.

On the other side of the coin, black popular culture seems to think the concept of "baby mammas" and shooting folk to be good things to aspire to at the moment, these things being glamorized by tv and music.

The extremes are poles apart.

This president was voted in simply on racist terms, not because he was the right one but because he was'nt the ' white ' one . He will destroy this nation if left to his agenda . Just like the former one .

I wrote in Keys who seemed to have morals , had absolutely nothing to do with his being black . I'm a old white woman who looks at the charactor of the man ,not the color ,quoting from ML King .

Old 08-09-2009, 02:48 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,365,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
I agree with this post . I can remember when blacks men stayed with family and the black churches were packed every Sunday . Equal rights were happening and blacks were progreesing, then came the hippy and immoral generation and race hustlers that desroyed and divided us all . We are now more divided than ever .
This is just a little bit too simplistic for me.

I find race relations in this metropolis to be far superior to most large U.S. cities, ESPECIALLY the white/black dynamic.

I don't think I am alone in this line of thinking.

Old 08-09-2009, 02:50 PM

Quote:
This president was voted in simply on racist terms, not because he was the right one but because he was'nt the ' white ' one . He will destroy this nation if left to his agenda . Just like the former one .

I wrote in Keys who seemed to have morals.
Well, in a country where the black population is around 12.8% of the total, Obama's election throws this theory right out the window.

Old 08-09-2009, 02:55 PM

178 posts, read 618,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
Well, in a country where the black population is around 12.8% of the total, Obama's election throws this theory right out the window.
The blame goes to MTV. Last year there was a big chance in the statistics of voting. If you went to the poll and saw college kids for the first time you'd understand. MTV promoted Obama like crazy. They had him on officially so many times as well.

Old 08-09-2009, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmeh View Post
The blame goes to MTV. Last year there was a big chance in the statistics of voting. If you went to the poll and saw college kids for the first time you'd understand. MTV promoted Obama like crazy. They had him on officially so many times as well.
Interesting theory. I consider Sarah Palin to be more of a valid reason, but hey - that's just me.

Sorry for going off-topic folks.

Old 08-09-2009, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post

I didn't say all the votes were from blacks . Most were latinos legal and illegal, next were liberal whites, then blacks . All voting for the wrong selfish reasons . None voting for what is best for the nation and their childrens future .

Old 08-09-2009, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmeh View Post

The blame goes to parents who don't pay attention to their kids entertainment. But worse is the schools and universities they send the kids to with liberal immoral teachers and professors .

Old 08-09-2009, 03:06 PM

Quote:
I didn't say all the votes were from blacks . Most were latinos legal and illegal, next were liberal whites, then blacks . All voting for the wrong selfish reasons . None voting for what is best for the nation and their childrens future .
I realize this is veering off-topic, but this is too much to not respond to.

First of all, I don't know where you live now, but "illegals" don't vote - not around here, anyway. Secondly, latinos voted with their conscience, as did liberal, moderate and some disenchanted conservative whites.

I suspect you have been listening to too much talk radio.

Old 08-09-2009, 03:10 PM

2,206 posts, read 6,891,695 times
Quote:
Since this sideline conversation seems to be taking over, I'll chime in to say this post manages to offend me mightily in a short space.

1. What proof do you have of voting by any non-citizen? I'd like to see it.

2. It's simply illogical and insulting to impugn the motives of voters who favored a different candidate than you did.

This kind of argumentation doesn't give a good impression of the intellectual level of Republican voters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta