Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2017, 11:19 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,663,842 times

Advertisements

I'm not sure NASCAR is as concerned about track attendance as they are TV Ratings.. That's were most of their money comes from but the tacks are independently owned and suffer when attendance suffers regardless of how many folks are watching on TV.. this has a trickle down effect for not only the vendors at the track but local merchants from gas stations to restaurants. Those local merchants then stop promoting NASCAR stuff which hurts the brand which effects TV ratings..

Just put a good product on the track. Make the rules simple and clear and get out of the WAY.. the rest will take care of itself.. IMO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2017, 11:20 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,391,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
I won't get on my high-horse about wally-world because this isn't the place. lol But that model won't work here. Getting rid of all the junk before the race, the sideshow, might help. I dunno. New fans will be tough to find and old fans aren't enjoying the product. I do think the old tracks would help.
Raising ticket prices every year and giving the customers a new product to sample definitely is not working.

Some businesses do know how to keep the customers coming back. Even if you don't like their product their system works.

Old 01-23-2017, 11:29 AM

Well, being a season tkt holder for an NFL team.. i will never complain about NASCAR ticket prices.. except for Daytona in Feb.. ugh.. still, its all about the product. Fans have proven that they will pay insane amounts of $ for a GREAT product... NASCAR FANS are no different.. IMO.. I got 3 Daytona tix here to prove it!

My favorite races are the restrictor plates... .Daytona and Dega. i typically go to those plus Atlanta since it so close.. but other than that.. i watch on TV and sometimes don't even do that.. IMO, last seasons final 2 races were spectacular.. NASCAR should be capitalizing off of that and promoting how fantastic that finish was but instead they are tweaking the rules more.. SERIOUSLY??

Old 01-23-2017, 11:49 AM
PDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Well, being a season tkt holder for an NFL team.. i will never complain about NASCAR ticket prices.. except for Daytona in Feb.. ugh.. still, its all about the product. Fans have proven that they will pay insane amounts of $ for a GREAT product... NASCAR FANS are no different.. IMO.. I got 3 Daytona tix here to prove it!

My favorite races are the restrictor plates... .Daytona and Dega. i typically go to those plus Atlanta since it so close.. but other than that.. i watch on TV and sometimes don't even do that.. IMO, last seasons final 2 races were spectacular.. NASCAR should be capitalizing off of that and promoting how fantastic that finish was but instead they are tweaking the rules more.. SERIOUSLY??
Are you really a NASCAR fan? We all know Brian France likes pack racing because it precedes the big one.
Don't tell me you follow NASCAR just to see the crashes.

I will go to any of the NASCAR tracks except for the plate races.

I already have my tickets ordered for the All Star race. I like my racing with maximum HP. No thank you on the restrictor plate crash fests.

Old 01-23-2017, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Are you really a NASCAR fan? We all know Brian France likes pack racing because it precedes the big one.
Don't tell me you follow NASCAR just to see the crashes.

I will go to any of the NASCAR tracks except for the plate races.

I already have my tickets ordered for the All Star race. I like my racing with maximum HP. No thank you on the restrictor plate crash fests.
LOL
NOPE.. not a big fan of the crashes..
Here is a HINT.. my favorite driver is JR.. and the best chance for Jr to get win is a restrictor plate race.

I hold my breath every freaking time the big one hits hoping and praying to see that #88 come rolling out of the smoke, clean as a whistle!

Here is what i truly enjoy about Restrictor plate racing.. i get about 45 seconds in between the PACK going by before it goes by again where i can talk to my son and tell him about things i see and ask him about what he sees or hears. He usually has the radio head set on..

When i am at Atlanta or other mile and a half tracks.. after a few laps and they get spread out.. we can't talk.. just hand motion..

Honestly, i like all the races.. but at one time i didn't like road courses but have since grown to like 'em so much, i wish they had another one... especially in the Chase..

Charlotte is a track we should go to.. timing is not great but i can get to Charlotte is less than 4 hours.. its on my list of possible race tracks ever year but just never got to go! I don't think i would want to sit through the 600.. that's TOO LONG of a race IMO.. glad its only once a year.. the All Star race would be FUN to go to.. but its almost too short for the trip.. and being its the week before the 600.. its either or and not both.. IMO, the ALL STAR is too short and the 600 is too long.. i guess i should just settle for the FALL RACE!

Old 01-23-2017, 12:27 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,565,273 times
Restrictor plates have been used since the 80s. Why is Brian France getting the blame as if it were his idea?

Old 01-23-2017, 01:46 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
not a fan of the segment points. at least not on the surface..

but i do wish they had more road races.. albeit, not sold on the infield at Charlotte.. but willing to give it a shot if they do..
i too am not a fan of the segment racing. if they implement it, i might quit watching, we shall see.

however i do think that nascar needs more road racing though. and a lot of good tracks to use, road america, road atlanta to name two. heck the summer race at daytona should use the road course.

Old 01-23-2017, 02:29 PM
PDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Restrictor plates have been used since the 80s. Why is Brian France getting the blame as if it were his idea?
The guy in charge always gets blamed for what his predecessors did.

Think about that for a while.

Old 01-23-2017, 02:37 PM
PDD

Quote:
LOL
NOPE.. not a big fan of the crashes..
Here is a HINT.. my favorite driver is JR.. and the best chance for Jr to get win is a restrictor plate race.

I hold my breath every freaking time the big one hits hoping and praying to see that #88 come rolling out of the smoke, clean as a whistle!

Here is what i truly enjoy about Restrictor plate racing.. i get about 45 seconds in between the PACK going by before it goes by again where i can talk to my son and tell him about things i see and ask him about what he sees or hears. He usually has the radio head set on..

When i am at Atlanta or other mile and a half tracks.. after a few laps and they get spread out.. we can't talk.. just hand motion..

Honestly, i like all the races.. but at one time i didn't like road courses but have since grown to like 'em so much, i wish they had another one... especially in the Chase..

Charlotte is a track we should go to.. timing is not great but i can get to Charlotte is less than 4 hours.. its on my list of possible race tracks ever year but just never got to go! I don't think i would want to sit through the 600.. that's TOO LONG of a race IMO.. glad its only once a year.. the All Star race would be FUN to go to.. but its almost too short for the trip.. and being its the week before the 600.. its either or and not both.. IMO, the ALL STAR is too short and the 600 is too long.. i guess i should just settle for the FALL RACE!
The All Star Race is the closest to old school NASCAR as it gets.
150MPH down pit road for qualifying.
The ALL star race show starts at 6PM and by the time it's all over it's near midnight with plenty of breaks in between to gain your hearing back.
IMO it's the best day in NASCAR racing.
I've been to the 600 and around 500 miles most everybody is ready to head for home, it's way too long.

Old 01-23-2017, 03:26 PM

OK.. i will put the ALL STAR race on my radar. i know my son would love it.. He is a Jimmy Johnson fan and Jimmy owns that track. Heck i got 10 years before i retire and then i am getting an RV and hitting the NASCAR circuit.. at least for 1 year and we will see after that... counting the days!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing