Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2011, 06:44 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,708,073 times

Advertisements

@ Mathguy: Which just makes it harder to really predict who's coming out of each conference.

Side note, am I the only one who notices than Lebron seems 'less' explosive this year. Has he peaked athletically already? The guy is only 26......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2011, 07:06 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,976,888 times
I don't see Lebron as being less explosive. He's not the #1 guy so that isn't his role anymore. He's part of a TRIO and I think he's done a good job of adjusting his style of play to his new environment. I never thought it would be good for him to "act" as the #1 guy as I feel D. Wade is the better fit for that role.

Old 04-25-2011, 07:10 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shysister View Post
I slightly disagree.

I'm sure the Celtics would have won that series regardless. It may not have been a sweep, but I'm sure the Celtics would have axed NY.

The Mavs, not surprised at all as its the same song and dance with them every year. I never had much hope of them making it out the first round regardless of who they played. They continue to prove they're a regular season team.

The Spurs, not surprised at all as I've stated numerous times they would get a 1st round exit as their championship run has been over.

The Lakers I still believe have a chance providing injuries don't become their down fall as that's the only way I see them going under.
...you didn't disagree with me with regards to the Knicks-Celtics.

Old 04-25-2011, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shysister View Post
I don't see Lebron as being less explosive. He's not the #1 guy so that isn't his role anymore. He's part of a TRIO and I think he's done a good job of adjusting his style of play to his new environment. I never thought it would be good for him to "act" as the #1 guy as I feel D. Wade is the better fit for that role.
I think you misunderstood me. I'm referring to his athleticism, not his 'role' on the team. Hence why I mentioned about his 'peaking' athletically....

Old 04-25-2011, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
@ Mathguy: Which just makes it harder to really predict who's coming out of each conference.

Side note, am I the only one who notices than Lebron seems 'less' explosive this year. Has he peaked athletically already? The guy is only 26......
Yeah, hard to predict.

I'm sure Lebron has peaked athletically but hasn't declined if that's what you mean. Barring injury I expect about 3-4 years at his current level.

I'm wondering just how pissed Chris Paul is and if he's making a statement. He has been widely regarded as the best or top few PG's in the league and then this year it's all "Rose Rose Rose". He utterly shredded the Lakers last night and really....they have no one to guard him. Kobe just looked tired last night from what I was able to see. Saw one guy just pop a 17 footer in his face, he didn't even have his hand up...this is uncharacteristic of Kobe defensively.

He is 32-56 from the field with 7RPG and 11+ APG in the series.
only 3 turnovers and 2 steals per game too!

Old 04-25-2011, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

I'm sure Lebron has peaked athletically but hasn't declined if that's what you mean. Barring injury I expect about 3-4 years at his current level.
I don't know, he seems to have a little less lift on his dunks and I've noted he doesn't appear quite as co-ordinated at times driving to the basket. Maybe it's just my imagination.... not a big deal in the grand scheme of things but just something I've noted.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:18 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,093,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yeah, hard to predict.

I'm wondering just how pissed Chris Paul is and if he's making a statement. He has been widely regarded as the best or top few PG's in the league and then this year it's all "Rose Rose Rose". He utterly shredded the Lakers last night and really....they have no one to guard him. Kobe just looked tired last night from what I was able to see. Saw one guy just pop a 17 footer in his face, he didn't even have his hand up...this is uncharacteristic of Kobe defensively.

He is 32-56 from the field with 7RPG and 11+ APG in the series.
only 3 turnovers and 2 steals per game too!
this is exactly why i say the griz are the best defensive team in the west. they have the interior presence only the lakers can match size wise, and they have the wings to slow guys like paul down. stopping him isnt happening but slowing him is. the PG position is the key to beating the lakers, everyone makes such a big deal about the size of the lakers, its not the bigs, its the smalls that are the key. this is why the spurs are actually built for the lakers, they have the wings to go at the lakers weakness and they only need to offset the bigs, they dont have to beat them. just get a draw or not beaten to bad and let the little guys destroy fishers corpse, and steve "pox" blake.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:34 AM

207 posts, read 353,948 times
What do Bryant, Howard, Anthony, Wade, James, Nowitzki, Duncan have in common? All-Stars? Future Hall of Famers? ..their respective teams were on the losing end this weekend. What a weekend in the NBA, a true fans delight!

Old 04-25-2011, 08:40 AM

Ah Rigas, not to get too drawn into this quarrel with you and Shysister, but the following came from you:

"well heres ot a spurs win, a bulls loss, a mavs win, a lakers loss, a griz win and a hornets loss. hornets need to lose to the mavs to drop to the 8 seed but i expect the griz to tank to avoid the lakers in the 1st round only to get decimated by the spurs. "

It does appear recently that you've assigned a greater level of respect to the Grizz with their playoff performance, otherwise I doubt you'd have said the above bolded.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
this is exactly why i say the griz are the best defensive team in the west. they have the interior presence only the lakers can match size wise, and they have the wings to slow guys like paul down. stopping him isnt happening but slowing him is. the PG position is the key to beating the lakers, everyone makes such a big deal about the size of the lakers, its not the bigs, its the smalls that are the key. this is why the spurs are actually built for the lakers, they have the wings to go at the lakers weakness and they only need to offset the bigs, they dont have to beat them. just get a draw or not beaten to bad and let the little guys destroy fishers corpse, and steve "pox" blake.
Yeah, fast penetrating guards especially guys like Parker, Rose, CP...are pretty much the Lakers only serious weakness.

It's unfortunate matchups for the Lakers that they have the potential to have to face all 3 of those guys in the playoffs this year and if not Rose then Rondo is capable of doing some damage too if the Celtics were to win the east.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball