Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2012, 07:09 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,146,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
MWP pulls a Metta World War on Harden....pretty dirty play...that is a multiple game suspension..what the hell was he thinking?

Durant and Westbrook were horrible shooting today and they choked a 17pt lead in the 4th... .

Rockets were playing the Heat tough, but i knew they were gonna fold late...oh well
How do you change your name to Metta World "Peace" when you proved once again that you are one of the worst thugs in the league? Indiana anyone?

Old 04-23-2012, 07:17 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,490,863 times
I still haven't seen the replay of the Artest elbow, BUT I don't see why or how any NBA team has him on a roster within 2 years. His game is in too sharp of a decline to put up with this garbage.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:28 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,708,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
I still haven't seen the replay of the Artest elbow, BUT I don't see why or how any NBA team has him on a roster within 2 years. His game is in too sharp of a decline to put up with this garbage.
Actually, for the past month he's been playing better than at any time since he's been in LA.

Having said that, what a disgusting, horrific act. I've been on other boards where there's a big debate about whether it was intentional or deliberate( yes, a lot of the Artest excuse makers were Laker fans). Anyone who's seen the replay of that act, can clearly see a controlled swing and follow-through. There was nothing celebratory about that particular motion, and I refuse to believe that Artest was unaware that he was within contact distance of another person. Hell, Artest actually bumped into Harden PRIOR to swinging the elbow.

Stern is going to throw the book at him, and rightfully so. No place for that kind of thing in Basketball....this isn't UFC/MMA.

Edit: here's an upclose replay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFyMb...eature=related

Old 04-23-2012, 07:33 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Actually, for the past month he's been playing better than at any time since he's been in LA.

Having said that, what a disgusting, horrific act. I've been on other boards where there's a big debate about whether it was intentional or deliberate( yes, a lot of the Artest excuse makers were Laker fans). Anyone who's seen the replay of that act, can clearly see a controlled swing and follow-through. There was nothing celebratory about that particular motion, and I refuse to believe that Artest was unaware that he was within contact distance of another person.

Stern is going to throw the book at him, and rightfully so. No place for that kind of thing in Basketball....this isn't UFC/MMA.
I didn't get to see this but judging from what I'm hearing and with Harden getting a concussion.....wow, Stern is going to crush Artest.

Remember, Artest is a repeat offender having gotten a roughly 1 year ejection for the fan fight in Indy.

This may actually be the end of Artest in the NBA and it sure as heck torpedos the Lakers chances of making any noise.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:33 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,093,678 times
hey dont give mma a bad name over this lol.

he knew he was throwing elbows and knew he was hitting someone. in the head? maybe not but regardless of where, he knew he was hitting someone.

harden didnt have any signs of concussion by the way.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:42 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,093,678 times
so its pretty clear artest new SOMEONE was there, he didnt even look to see who he just swung. now a big "what if", what if kobe was behind him? oh the irony that would have presented.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

This may actually be the end of Artest in the NBA and it sure as heck torpedos the Lakers chances of making any noise.
It possibly could be. Stern is going to suspend him for the rest of the season, or at least a 5-10 game suspension. I forsee LA cutting him in the offseason, and hopefully the other 29 teams having the sense to not take on that baggage. He may have elbowed himself right out of the league.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:44 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,490,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
But what do you think is a better projection going forward, a gradual couple years of decline, or a month of inspired play?

Old 04-23-2012, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
so its pretty clear artest new SOMEONE was there, he didnt even look to see who he just swung. now a big "what if", what if kobe was behind him? oh the irony that would have presented.
Indeed, and that's a point I raised on another forum. It doesn't look as though Artest actually 'saw' who he was swinging at, so yes for all purposes it could have just as easily been a teammate.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
But what do you think is a better projection going forward, a gradual couple years of decline, or a month of inspired play?
Well, from what I'm hearing he's been dealing with injuries for some time that have been under the radar, and he's actually 'healthy' now( that doesn't explain some of the knuckle-headed plays I've seen though). Having said that, at 33 it's safe we say we've seen the best of Ron Artest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball