Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2012, 01:42 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
WELL DONE TVSG. Now take the fact the greatest team record-wise in NBA history lost to a team with a 21-61 record, and figure out where I'm going with your statement that OKC losing to the Wizards equates to them not being a contender. The BEST team can lose to the WORST team on any given night in pro sports.
i thought it was more likely to happen in football or baseball.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2012, 01:47 PM

3,652 posts, read 4,708,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
i thought it was more likely to happen in football or baseball.
Well watch more sports on a regular basis, and you'll see it's not the rare occurrence you believe it to be.

Old 02-06-2012, 01:52 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Well watch more sports on a regular basis, and you'll see it's not the rare occurrence you believe it to be.
remember i don't have the nba league pass due to the economy-lol

Old 02-06-2012, 01:54 PM

Quote:
remember i don't have the nba league pass due to the economy-lol
Fair enough, in that case you're not in position to give an educated opinion on whether the Thunder are legit contenders, or anyone else for that matter, since you haven't watched enough.

Oh, and I don't have league pass either. But I have net access to every game, every night....

Old 02-06-2012, 02:18 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Fair enough, in that case you're not in position to give an educated opinion on whether the Thunder are legit contenders, or anyone else for that matter, since you haven't watched enough.

Oh, and I don't have league pass either. But I have net access to every game, every night....
you wanna share how with another nba fan?

Old 02-06-2012, 02:46 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:

Yeah, I don't have the time to watch many games but I look at almost every single box score and have been an NBA fan for over 20 years.

There are things you miss by not watching so many games but at the same time you don't get caught up in the hype of a guy making a great play....but then committing sloppy turnovers that people tend to forget about.

I generally try to catch most of the *better* match-ups like whenever a pair of top tier teams run into each other.

Old 02-06-2012, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yeah, I don't have the time to watch many games but I look at almost every single box score and have been an NBA fan for over 20 years.

There are things you miss by not watching so many games but at the same time you don't get caught up in the hype of a guy making a great play....but then committing sloppy turnovers that people tend to forget about.

I generally try to catch most of the *better* match-ups like whenever a pair of top tier teams run into each other.
Mathguy, for someone who doesn't watch too many games as you claim, you have perfectly reasonable Basketball analytical ability. You're not out there making wild claims like, oh I don't know, let's say the Bulls lose to the Wizards this season, that means they're not contenders. I mean seriously....

P.S Not sure if you understood completely, when i said 'or anyone else for that matter', I was referring to teams, not posters on here.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Mathguy, for someone who doesn't watch too many games as you claim, you have perfectly reasonable Basketball analytical ability. You're not out there making wild claims like, oh I don't know, let's say the Bulls lose to the Wizards this season, that means they're not contenders. I mean seriously....

P.S Not sure if you understood completely, when i said 'or anyone else for that matter', I was referring to teams, not posters on here.
I knew what you meant, was just throwing in my 2cents as an aside.

Well, the 76ers are still holding their home court. Just for fun, when they hit their tough road stretches more towards the end of the season we can claim they are choking lol.

Old 02-07-2012, 11:51 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I knew what you meant, was just throwing in my 2cents as an aside.

Well, the 76ers are still holding their home court. Just for fun, when they hit their tough road stretches more towards the end of the season we can claim they are choking lol.
i thought the celtics would have a chance because of the sixers tough schedule but the sixers will not be caught by the end of the season. it wouldn't surprise me to see the sixers in the eastern conference finals since it's only one good team in the east...miami

Old 02-07-2012, 12:19 PM

Quote:
i thought the celtics would have a chance because of the sixers tough schedule but the sixers will not be caught by the end of the season. it wouldn't surprise me to see the sixers in the eastern conference finals since it's only one good team in the east...miami
Bulls have the best record in the east....and that's with having played 17 road games so far this season.

76ers have played 9 road games so far.

Aw, this thread is going to be funny as heck as the year goes on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball