Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2014, 12:27 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,936,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
What did he not say, that I stated previously?

Here's a few:

I am curious what you believe has been altered?
Thank you for proving my point that what Sterling said was in reference to his GF not bring blacks to games. Where did he say that no blacks should come to the game?

Old 04-28-2014, 12:31 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,986,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Thank you for proving my point that what Sterling said was in reference to his GF not bring blacks to games. Where did he say that no blacks should come to the game?
Who said that he said that?

So it's okay for him to ban his girlfriend from associating with black people? That doesn't make it racist? Really?

Old 04-28-2014, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Being on trial and being guilty is two different things. How many of those athletes were found guilty of murder or rape and made a comeback?
That's not the point - these althletes were in bad positions to even be accused of the crimes. For example, Ray Lewis took a plea agreement and admitted he lied to police who were conducting a murder investigation. Kobe Bryant committed adultery as he was married with children at the time of his rape trial. Guilty by a jury or not - I certainly wouldn't want my kids idolizing them.

Old 04-28-2014, 12:35 PM

Quote:
So it's okay for him to ban his girlfriend from associating with black people? That doesn't make it racist? Really?
That's his personal preference. He is entitled to it.

Old 04-28-2014, 12:37 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,616,055 times
I wouldn't have signed a contract with him even before the events of this weekend. I always thought of him as a sleeze, now he is even worse than that!! I wish he would just sell the team so I can at least half root for them. They are an LA team and the only LA team I really don't root for and it is all because of Sterling owning the team.

Old 04-28-2014, 12:40 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,616,055 times
Quote:
It might be his opinion, but by definition him not allowing his g/f to associate with African Americans is racism to the highest degree!!

Old 04-28-2014, 12:45 PM

4,399 posts, read 10,671,195 times
Quote:
If he prefers his GF to not bring people with Hanes underwear to the game that's his business.
And if somehow this preference becomes public and everyone associated with the NBA decides they don't want anything to do with him and don't want to associate with him at all or his organization while he owns it, and do everything in their power to make that happen, that's their business too.

Old 04-28-2014, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
It might be his opinion, but by definition him not allowing his g/f to associate with African Americans is racism to the highest degree!!
Listen to the audio - it was about OTHER people's perception of him and his GF. It was more peer pressure than racism.

10,125 posts, read 13,986,059 times
Quote:
That's not the point - these althletes were in bad positions to even be accused of the crimes. For example, Ray Lewis took a plea agreement and admitted he lied to police who were conducting a murder investigation. Kobe Bryant committed adultery as he was married with children at the time of his rape trial. Guilty by a jury or not - I certainly wouldn't want my kids idolizing them.
Were they convicted of murder, yes or no?

Being on trial doesn't make you guilty. You can be accused of things that aren't true, it happens a lot. That doesn't mean that their actions are okay, but you make it sound as though they were guilty of these things and they were given a free pass. How do you stop someone from coming back if they were not convicted of these crimes that they are accused of? On what grounds? Again, we are talking about moral and legal matters. Morally, you can make an argument against those individuals, but that is up to the discretion of each individual. The moral standard comes from the league and how they operate. The actions of this individual is frown upon, but perhaps the actions of others who were accused but not convicted are viewed different.

3,490 posts, read 3,792,465 times
Quote:
Yes he is, and his Sponsers are entitled to leave his team, which they are doing and the NBA is entitled to fine him and make sure he doesn't own the team through summer, which will happen.

I don't think he is a racist in the way people are used to hearing racist remarks, he doesn't seem to be the nasty white guy who thinks minorities should be lynched and killed, he seems to be more of a plantation owner type who believes minorities have their place, serving him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball