Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2019, 07:00 AM

10,732 posts, read 4,336,713 times

Advertisements

Its great to see a unique player (albeit with something in common with Sir Charles) about to enter the NBA.
It rarely happens.
His personality is kind of unique too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2019, 11:20 AM

1,045 posts, read 2,002,930 times
I think there is much denial out there when it comes to his weight and height. Weighing 285 pounds at 6ft 6 or so it is very worrying. He is only 18 or 19 and probably should weigh 240 or so and even at this weight he is pushing it. Young men fill out between 18 and 24 and it easy for an average man to put on 20 pounds of natural weight at that age. He could easily push 300 pounds and to me this is a problem. This is excessive amount for his size and what is expected in the NBA of up and down the court 35 minutes per night for up to 100 times and year. Add practice and working out this becomes very demanding on the joints and muscles.

He is undersized at a 4 or 5 in most situations, but not all. Can he play a three at 290 or so. Not sure. Will he keep his teenage spring in his legs for long at this weight. Not sure. Lebron is thick and strong, but he is 6ft 8 and 255 or so, Zion blows this out of the water

Old 02-18-2019, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Trafton View Post
I think there is much denial out there when it comes to his weight and height. Weighing 285 pounds at 6ft 6 or so it is very worrying. He is only 18 or 19 and probably should weigh 240 or so and even at this weight he is pushing it. Young men fill out between 18 and 24 and it easy for an average man to put on 20 pounds of natural weight at that age. He could easily push 300 pounds and to me this is a problem. This is excessive amount for his size and what is expected in the NBA of up and down the court 35 minutes per night for up to 100 times and year. Add practice and working out this becomes very demanding on the joints and muscles.

He is undersized at a 4 or 5 in most situations, but not all. Can he play a three at 290 or so. Not sure. Will he keep his teenage spring in his legs for long at this weight. Not sure. Lebron is thick and strong, but he is 6ft 8 and 255 or so, Zion blows this out of the water
Barkley had no problem getting up and down the court, so I see no problem.
And many would say Zion is more athletic than Barkley.
Look at how many games Barkley played in his first 9 years- 82, 80, 68, 80, 79, 79, 67, 75, 76, and close to 40 minutes per game for most of those years.

Old 02-18-2019, 11:31 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,149,530 times
I don't think that he is overrated at all. He's a freak specimen for his size. If he lost a few pounds, he'd be even better in my opinion. He plays both ends and that's rare in the NBA today. In my opinion, all players should play defense in the league, but they just don't. Lazy and all about offensive stats.

Old 02-18-2019, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
I don't think that he is overrated at all. He's a freak specimen for his size. If he lost a few pounds, he'd be even better in my opinion. He plays both ends and that's rare in the NBA today. In my opinion, all players should play defense in the league, but they just don't. Lazy and all about offensive stats.
Yeah its a shame more players don't take pride in defense.
In the 20th century we saw players benched if they didn't play defense, regardless of their offensive skills.
Zion is going be like rookie Vince Carter level of aggression, but with defense too, its going to be a major spectacle.
LeBron dominates games but I find him very boring, boring on and off the court.
Zion has it all.
Even playing as Zion in a video game would be special.

Old 02-21-2019, 03:44 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,929,264 times
I don’t think Zion needs to lose any weight. His body fat looks as low as most NBAers...muscle definition and veins popping out at 280+ . He’s simply a freak who’s body will never “fit in”. He may also be the 2nd coming of Lebron - aka Duke’s Jordan. At this point basketball revolves around Zion.

Old 02-21-2019, 04:46 PM

Lol, at Jay Bilas claiming for sure that Duke would have won if Zion was in the game. How the heck can you say that? What a little Duke lap dog. North carolina had a really good chance to win regardless of what happened with Zion.

Old 02-21-2019, 05:10 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,929,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
Lol, at Jay Bilas claiming for sure that Duke would have won if Zion was in the game. How the heck can you say that? What a little Duke lap dog. North carolina had a really good chance to win regardless of what happened with Zion.
Either way the story is Zion and Duke. They played the game because they had to play, but the only people that really got their money’s worth are the diehard UNC fans that will take a win anyway they get it (not that there’s anything wrong with that).

Hopefully the basketball Gods reward basketball fans with Zion playing in the rematch. Heck, as far as I’m concerned, the entire college basketball season hinges on the health of Zion’s knee. The NCAA tourney should involve a Duke team led by possibly the closest thing we’ve seen to Lebron playing college basketball.

Old 02-21-2019, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Either way the story is Zion and Duke. They played the game because they had to play, but the only people that really got their money’s worth are the diehard UNC fans that will take a win anyway they get it (not that there’s anything wrong with that).

Hopefully the basketball Gods reward basketball fans with Zion playing in the rematch. Heck, as far as I’m concerned, the entire college basketball season hinges on the health of Zion’s knee. The NCAA tourney should involve a Duke team led by possibly the closest thing we’ve seen to Lebron playing college basketball.
I'm not putting him in lebrons category just yet. I've been around too long to be too sure about anyone. I still think whether Zion was in the game or not, North Carolina had a very good chance of winning. Jones can't shoot and their in the paint defense has been pretty weak. Not that impressed with them at this point. They are beatable regardless of who is in or isn't.

They don't seem to be a very resilient team. Maybe that's on the coach, or maybe they don't have very good complimentary pieces.

Old 02-21-2019, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lead View Post
Hopefully Zion will never risk his health and career again making millions for the NCAA and their sponsors.
The media today has become just as soft as our country. Let him play the damn game. Sorry, we are just becoming too fickle on every damn thing. He's not playing three years like college basketball players used to. It's one freaking season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball