Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2011, 08:09 PM

767 posts, read 1,743,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinamen View Post
...but amid fears for her safety, she has decided she will no longer take classes at the school."
Here's more of the article:
Quote:
Gussin said Wallace told him that police advised her to reschedule her final exams in light of the death threats and information posted online that listed her class schedule and exam locations.
There we have it- offend Asians and receive death threats.

This is why I view Asians as a genteel, dignified race; any race that issues death threats in response to an offense can bear no other description like, for instance, barbaric, primitive or vulgar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2011, 10:29 PM

115 posts, read 568,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinamen View Post
I do not think the backlash to the person who did the rant was appropriate. I would look the other way since it is not going to change anything on how a person feels about a certain race.
From me, an Asian man.

Old 03-18-2011, 11:27 PM

2,093 posts, read 4,698,944 times
End of story. Now back to Charlie Sheen....

Old 03-18-2011, 11:35 PM

115 posts, read 568,013 times
The person who did the racist rant said she was trying to be humorous in a statment to UCLA.

I believe I could relate to this. I had a friend in high school who was white. His best friends were Asian in high school. After high school he moved and he became a stand up comedian. He used to make jokes about other races while he was performing. He made fun of Asians a lot also. I never saw him as a racist because I knew back in high school, his best friends and friends were Asian. I believe I could relate more to the humorous part because I experienced it before. Just my 2 cents.

Old 03-19-2011, 08:46 AM

4,183 posts, read 6,524,933 times
That blonde girl in the video doesn't understand "ching chong ting tong", but the Asians understand English. Dumb blonde.

Old 03-19-2011, 11:30 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,350,015 times
I am amazed that they even let this chick in to UCLA. Have they lowered their standards or is she part of an affirmitive action program for ignorant people. Listening to her rant just doesn't give me the idea that she is UCLA material.

Old 03-19-2011, 01:40 PM

1,963 posts, read 5,623,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
I am amazed that they even let this chick in to UCLA. Have they lowered their standards or is she part of an affirmitive action program for ignorant people. Listening to her rant just doesn't give me the idea that she is UCLA material.
She probably tests well, plus she has great boooobs.... uh, i mean she was admitted for her vibrant personality

Honestly though, I doubt she's had a single "ephiphany" in her lifteime and you certainly aren't going to find one at Powell library. Some areas are as noisy as Starbucks so you're kidding yourself if you say you're going there for quiet study. She could've gone up to the stacks in YRL/URL where's its so dead you could be raped & dismembered and no one would hear your cries for help.

Old 03-19-2011, 01:58 PM

2,624 posts, read 7,261,059 times
Quote:
Considering that she was a "junior" at UCLA, she probably transferred in from a community college via the "Transfer Alliance Program." As a transfer student, standardized tests like the SAT or ACT aren't required and a minimum 3.20 GPA in "transferrable courses" from someplace like Sacramento City College is often good enough to get into UCLA.
Transfer Alliance Program - UCLA Undergraduate Admissions
Transfer Admission Guide - UCLA Undergraduate Admissions

Old 03-19-2011, 02:35 PM

1,359 posts, read 1,171,750 times
Quote:
I am amazed that they even let this chick in to UCLA. Have they lowered their standards or is she part of an affirmitive action program for ignorant people.

Well if you consider that UCLA has a 37% asian population (Quick Facts - UCLA Undergraduate Admissions) then yes, UCLA has lowered their standards.

Listening to her rant just doesn't give me the idea that she is UCLA material.

Neither are the hordes of noisy asians in the library.

Old 03-19-2011, 02:43 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,524,933 times
This video (and this thread) has the air of desperation in it. It seems the girl is expressing some pent up frustration about the undeniable demographic currents in CA wherein the Asian population has been surging (see Census 2010 result) and gaining political clout, displacing the former masters. It's got to hurt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California