Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 06:08 PM

62 posts, read 376,945 times

Advertisements

Snogirl... DMenscha is right... no real fire danger round here... they did have some bad ones in the Gilroy area last year but nothing like the ones down south with the Santa Ana winds...

I have to tell ya what the guy said about this area that just came in from Spokane yesterday! LOL He called DH last night when he got in... said EWWWWWWW he didn't like Modesto at all! it looked yiggy! LOL but when he got to Turlock he said..hmmmm now this isn't so bad... he said he likes this town... cept no trees! LOL How cute what your grdaughter says about planes... I can't wait to have a grandkid! well I can!! but would love to be a gramma before I turn 50!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2008, 08:23 PM

43 posts, read 209,096 times
Hubby's there...I'm here...ugh...Turlock does sound nice..what is Ceres like?

My friend from Florida said on the news there -they showed a house from Modesto (NICE BIG VICTORIAN/TUDOR TYPE) that was ruined totally in the floods last week...Sorry bout your fence...snow here-cold and nasty yesterday and today...
Happy Weekend! (Having an open house
Sunday!!)

Snogirl

Old 01-11-2008, 09:01 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,672,505 times
Only an opinion, but I think Turlock has much more to offer than Ceres.

Turlock has destination shopping and a CA State University.

Old 01-11-2008, 09:29 PM

56 posts, read 266,867 times
Do not live in Ceres.Take a drive thru there at night and you will see why, during the day its ok but at night your not safe. Turlock is your best place

Old 01-12-2008, 11:49 AM

1 posts, read 7,501 times
Default Turlock is a better Choice

Turlock Resident here!

Turlock has a few bad parts but if you stay away from the older ares of town you will be just fine. The areas of newer development are very safe and many offer gated communities.

Neighboring cities such as Ceres and Modesto have higher crime rates and are not safe after dark! Turlock is growing and has much more to offer now. You can get just about anything you need in town.

If you are a history buff you will also appreciate the history of Downtown Turlock. The city has restored downtown and many of the buildings have not changed since the Town was first built!

Old 01-12-2008, 11:53 AM

ok--is that the same for Modesto? Aren't there really nice areas? We will have about 5 months to check out the surrounding towns---does anyone characterize zip codes like stay out of such and such--is northern Modesto desirable? Does the zip end with 355, 356, 356, 358?....when one says to stay away from an area, I'm assuming that it has crime-gangs?...what is your zip Cahatch?

Old 01-12-2008, 11:55 AM

thanks for the info Angie95380

Old 01-13-2008, 08:59 PM

99 posts, read 504,233 times
Hello I was born and raised in Turlock :O) I can tell you it is a Great place to live and raise kids and yes the other's were right Mod, Ceres , areas have more crime .Turlock is a nice little town perhaps I feel like that also because it is my birth place and where I lived for 45 yrs. and raised my children there. We recently moved to another State feeling like it was time for a change we still own our home there also .I can only tell you I cry alot and want to come home so badly you cannot beat Ca. weather and beauty we have everything there Turlock is only 2 hrs. from MT.,Ocean , Hills , so much to do there I want to come home to Turlock and I know I will sooner or later . Down town has changed alot since I was young :O) I have many memories of Turlock like dragging main st. on friday nights Haa-haa there's all kinds new little shops, tea rooms, neat little places to eat like the Misletoe :O) there's farmer's market in summer time always neat to go to to get fresh produce and hear live music :O) Turlock is a Wonderful place .It does have it's share of crime and gangs but it is nothing like Mod. It is where I was born and where I want to die .

Old 01-14-2008, 12:33 AM

62 posts, read 376,945 times
HEYYY more Turlock peeps! Snogirl.. my zip is 95382... we lived here for YEARS with only one zip the 80 one.. guess we got too big and they needed more...LOL they kinda just drew a line down the middle of the town and did the 82...

Hi Angie.. I bet I see ya and don't even know it sometimes..

Honeybee... have you visited lately??? if not.. you will be shocked at the traffic troubles... it's really getting crazy... we always said we would NEVER leave .. that Turlock was our HOME... but T-town is growing so fast... we live out by CSUS and just going down Monte Vista sometimes takes longer than getting to Modesto it seems...LOL we can't wait to get out of here.... so sad... I hope we don't feel like you do when we DO move away... ARGHHHHH that is a fear of mine... I do love the weather but I also want to get my DH out of his stressful job... would like to keep him around a while..

I agree with everyone... ya don't wanna live in Ceres...

Old 01-14-2008, 06:00 AM

99 posts, read 504,233 times
Yes i was out there in Aug. I had built my home in Hilmar so I lived there but Turlock is where I was born and Hilmar is just out in the country I did everything in Turlock and my family is all there :O)I never traveled out to collage much except for the 4th. July :O) We moved to Tulsa OK. so it is very diff. here and we just went thru our first Ice Strom ever . It was the states worst in the Histroy was without power for 3 days :O( Never seen anything like it before in my life . Just make sure where ever you go it is where you really want to be I thought moving to a new state would be really exciting and it was at first then it set in and I became very homesick maybe at my age it was to much for me . Best to you on your adventure .Tulsa is beautiful Green Rolling Hills everywhere you go millons of trees the people are very nice here slower paced .Just not my home sighhhhhh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California