Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2018, 11:01 AM

24,409 posts, read 26,986,736 times

Advertisements

The main reason is the Democratic Party successfully made it taboo to be openly Republican in California.

So all you hear in your daily life is the free expression of pro-Democrats and anti-Republican. The policies by California Democrats have made the cost of living so expensive that everyone wants a hand out as well. You have the mainstream media running as a tabloid for the Democratic Party. I feel like most of my friends in California are almost brainwashed when it comes to politics because if it ever comes up these days, they cannot talk about it without getting angry or making the focus only about race, LGBT, etc basically all the race baiting tactics that the media created.

Old 11-27-2018, 11:02 AM

3,274 posts, read 3,937,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
And the point of that is what
That the rich white man is keeping me down.

Old 11-27-2018, 11:04 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,186,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post
I don't hate all Republicans.

I despise the far-right branch that controls your party -- the ones who never got over Roe v. Wade and think people should go back to the fake "Stepford" culture of the 1950s.

I also despise people who naively think everything they have, they got "on their own". That's a lie about 99.9% of the time.

You either:

1.) Had inheritance or married someone with one
2.) Had a parent/family member get you a job, or married someone that did
3.) Had a parent/family member help provide you with an education, or married someone that did
4.) Benefitted directly from a government program: the military, welfare, HUD loan, TANF, education grants or loans, Social Security, MediCal/Medicaid, a govt contract of any type, Disability, govt business loans and grants, tax write-offs, City/County/State/Federal employment, a highway or road built and maintained by a government entity to-and-from your business.
5.) Are descended of someone who directly benefited from a government program, thereby, raising your own chances of being successful
6.) Married someone who benefited from a government program or married to a descendent who benefited from the same.

Just be honest and admit that we've all -- at one point or another -- been the beneficiaries (directly or indirectly) of government largess and quit acting like you've only paid into it and never taken anything in return or benefited from it.

THAT, above all else, is what irks me about Republicans!

Lying is ugly.

your talking about govt and parents like it's the same thing? Very confusing....

I guess the dems never get any help that's why they're still living in their parents basements playing video games. Oh wait that's getting help from parents.. I'm so confused still.

btw the only help I've ever gotten was unemployment payments for 3 months. And that's money I paid for through my taxes.

What are you blabbing about stepford wives and roe v wade? It's still legal to kill babies, The right people I know have no issues with gays, roe v wade, we don't even care that pot is legal here. This is all in your paranoid mind. Get help...

Lying is bad but hating millions of people for no good reason is worse.

Old 11-27-2018, 11:10 AM

21,741 posts, read 16,369,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
In case you're wondering, this is a three year old Bentley, not a new one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
That the rich white man is keeping me down.
Yeah ... definitely not stuck on materialistic ... loving relationships is what it’s all about - with your Bently, eh? Lmao ...

Old 11-27-2018, 11:16 AM

21,741 posts, read 16,369,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
I guess the dems never get any help that's why they're still living in their parents basements playing video games. Oh wait that's getting help from parents.. I'm so confused still.

.[/b]
All these dang libruls that dominate San Francisco especially ... paying ridiculously high rents and prices for homes ... “still living in their parents basements playing video games.”??? One helluva a lot of wealthy, self-made “successful” “dems”, Finper ... Soros, Buffet come to mind ... pretty sure they’ve moved out of their parents’ basements.
Quote:

Lying is bad but hating millions of people for no good reason is worse.
Yeah ... and pathologically “lying” while also “hating millions for no good reason” is worse, no?

Old 11-27-2018, 11:17 AM

1,334 posts, read 1,676,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You seem to be the one doing the crying on these threads.

Homelessness is a societal issue, not a partisan one. Why are you washing your hands of the problem, and trying to stick others with it? Also bear in mind, that illegal immigration was encouraged mainly by Republican-owned businesses that needed cheap labor, and a Republican President, who pursued union-busting to bring down the price of labor, and enacted the first amnesty for illegal immigrants, which basically functioned as an open invitation for future immigrants. Why do you think the last Republican Governator of California did nothing about it? Because Big Business, including California's agricultural base, needs cheap, easy-to-exploit labor.

You need to take these issues up with your own Party leadership.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It was the example you chose, and it actually proves the opposite of the argument you were putting forward. Way to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Do whatever you want, but you can't use moving trucks as a way to determine who is moving out of the state. The way that data is obtained is through income tax filings. https://lao.ca.gov/laoecontax/article/detail/265
C-D won't let me keep repping you guys. I also wonder what the morbid fascination is with illegal immigrants by the far right. A start could be made by issuing temporary work visas (the old bracero model), but there doesn't seem to be much political will to do something. Maybe because actually solving the problem would mean less fodder for the extremist base? Yeah, we have an illegal immigration problem, and not all of it is at the US-Mexican border. I don't hear much indignation from the far right about about Chinese, Russians, Ukrainians and Koreans overstaying their visas and taking good jobs away from citizens, for example. So it seems to me that there is a strong racial component here.

Old 11-27-2018, 11:29 AM

3,049 posts, read 4,549,834 times
Quote:
your talking about govt and parents like it's the same thing? Very confusing....

It's not confusing. It's pretty cut-and-dry to be honest. You guys need to quit acting like you're all 100% "self-made" when you're not.

You either had help in life via inheritance, via marrying someone with one, or direct or indirect help from the government in one form or another.

To say otherwise is a lie.

Old 11-27-2018, 11:37 AM

Quote:
It's not confusing. It's pretty cut-and-dry to be honest. You guys need to quit acting like you're all 100% "self-made" when you're not.

You either had help in life via inheritance, via marrying someone with one, or direct or indirect help from the government in one form or another.

To say otherwise is a lie.
Waa, it's not fair. Nobody loves me

How pathetic is your life that you can't fathom that other people made something of themselves? Both Republicans and Democrats

Old 11-27-2018, 11:44 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,364,797 times
Quote:
Who in this forum remembers Republican Congressman Tom Campbell? (Race on over to Google and look him up!)

He was what should have been the quintessential "California Republican". He was anti-war, pro-choice, pro-immigrant, pro-gay rights, pro-environment (in a practical sense) and pro-business and represented the South Bay / Silicon Valley.

He was the closest thing to a true libertarian the Republican Party in California had ever seen. If men or women of Campbell's quality would have been allowed to steer the GOP, it would still be alive and be much healthier than it currently is.

Instead, the California GOP was dominated by socially-conservative, backwoods yokels the likes of Pete Knight, Dana Rohrabacher, Shannon Grove, et. al., who all had this bizarre fixation on gay sex between males, gay marriage and, of course, abortion. The GOP let these right-wing yahoos lead them right off the proverbial cliff.

It would have been better to have men or women the caliber of Tom Campbell lead the California GOP, not these backwoods Alabama wannabes.
Of course. He was in my locale, though he wasn't my rep. A similar predecessor was Ed Zschau. And even earlier was Pete McCloskey

Old 11-27-2018, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by semispherical View Post
Yeah, we have an illegal immigration problem, and not all of it is at the US-Mexican border. I don't hear much indignation from the far right about about Chinese, Russians, Ukrainians and Koreans overstaying their visas and taking good jobs away from citizens, for example. .
You will from me. I don't care where you're from, if you're here illegally, out you go.

If I were king I'd end H1B Visas, and chain migration, and end anchor babies.

If you want to come here, it has to be legally like my grandparents.

Do you have a lock on your front door?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California