Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2018, 07:16 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,185,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
All these dang libruls that dominate San Francisco especially ... paying ridiculously high rents and prices for homes ... “still living in their parents basements playing video games.”??? One helluva a lot of wealthy, self-made “successful” “dems”, Finper ... Soros, Buffet come to mind ... pretty sure they’ve moved out of their parents’ basements.

Yeah ... and pathologically “lying” while also “hating millions for no good reason” is worse, no?
Soros was hiding in his parents basement till he turned on his own Jewish people and went with the Nazis. I wouldn't use him as a good dem example but guess that's all ya got

Old 11-27-2018, 07:33 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Soros was hiding in his parents basement till he turned on his own Jewish people and went with the Nazis. I wouldn't use him as a good dem example but guess that's all ya got
That's incorrect, where did you get that story from, Alex Jones? George Soros was a 14 year old jewish boy when his father paid a Christian government official to take him in and conceal his identity from the Nazis. The officials job was to inventory apartments of displaced jews, George went with him while he did his job.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.b1127c2a3b49

Old 11-27-2018, 07:36 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,185,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
That's incorrect, where did you get that story from, Alex Jones? George Soros was a 14 year old jewish boy when his father paid a Christian government official to take him in and conceal his identity from the Nazis. The officials job was to inventory apartments of displaced jews, George went with him while he did his job.

Yea just keep defending the devil. Inventory apartments of displaced Jews?? Try confiscate houses of Jews in concentration camps for the nazis.

Last edited by Finper; 11-27-2018 at 07:48 PM..

Old 11-27-2018, 07:55 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,365,101 times
Quote:
Aside from that story being well-known bulltweet ... I didn’t use Soros as “a good dem example”. I used him as an example of a materially successful democrat not living broke in his parents’ basement.

You know, Finper, though you and I differ most of the time on things, I have always considered you sincere in your ideology and concerns, however odd I find them. So I respond to your various mischaracterizations of things and sometimes bizarre deductions - without taking any personal swipes. You’re a true believer and I leave it at that.

But in this case I’m going to add you really are showing a lack of character to buy into such a twisted story ... and then be so completely dismissive about bothering to consider the correction offered.

Old 11-27-2018, 08:02 PM

3,272 posts, read 3,936,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post

Displaced Jews like this?

Old 11-27-2018, 08:16 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,365,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
What is that picture supposed to prove about Soros?

Old 11-27-2018, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
I'm sure some or most of the people whose property was seized were in concentration camps, what does Soros have to do with that? Are you aware of who rounded up the Jews in the Warsaw Ghetto and got them on the trains to Auschwitz? Jews, that's right - jews who would have been killed if they hadn't agreed to assist the Nazis. Do you know who put the bodies in the ovens? Jews, they accepted that job rather than sacrifice their own life when they knew that their death would not change a thing.

Old 11-27-2018, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Yea just keep defending the devil. Inventory apartments of displaced Jews?? Try confiscate houses of Jews in concentration camps for the nazis.
No they didn't confiscate anything, the official who Soros was staying with inventoried the property. But what good would have come from Soros refusing to go with him, or refusing to live with him? You're not a stupid person, that's clear from your posts, so it's puzzling as to why you would be willfully obtuse about this

Old 11-27-2018, 08:29 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,899,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post
I don't hate all Republicans.

I despise the far-right branch that controls your party -- the ones who never got over Roe v. Wade and think people should go back to the fake "Stepford" culture of the 1950s.

I also despise people who naively think everything they have, they got "on their own". That's a lie about 99.9% of the time.

You either:

1.) Had inheritance or married someone with one
2.) Had a parent/family member get you a job, or married someone that did
3.) Had a parent/family member help provide you with an education, or married someone that did
4.) Benefitted directly from a government program: the military, welfare, HUD loan, TANF, education grants or loans, Social Security, MediCal/Medicaid, a govt contract of any type, Disability, govt business loans and grants, tax write-offs, City/County/State/Federal employment, a highway or road built and maintained by a government entity to-and-from your business.
5.) Are descended of someone who directly benefited from a government program, thereby, raising your own chances of being successful
6.) Married someone who benefited from a government program or married to a descendent who benefited from the same.

Just be honest and admit that we've all -- at one point or another -- been the beneficiaries (directly or indirectly) of government largess and quit acting like you've only paid into it and never taken anything in return or benefited from it.

THAT, above all else, is what irks me about Republicans!

Lying is ugly.
Everything you've said has been facts on top of facts. This is why I have a hard time supporting the republican party many seem to think they are the only ones who work, and everyone who is not them is asking for handouts it's idiotic that one can even believe such nonsense, but since they do it seems we'll have more elections like this one.

Not to mention I know majority of republicans aren't white supremacists , but when I think of which party they would align themselves with, and not to mention a party that won't detest such nonsense I just can't imagine aligning myself with this, I just can't.

Old 11-27-2018, 08:48 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,899,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by semispherical View Post
Here's an essay that IMO provides some great insights into the original OP's question (why the CA Rep party is shrinking) and also why the world view of the far right is not attracting adherents:

https://johnpavlovitz.com/2018/08/01...MQou4Gr4sl3cXY
It makes you really feel bad, I feel very bad because some of them are so angry, and Republicans control the entire government, but they still feel like the victims it's unbelievable to say the least. I feel bad for the president too I feel like he seriously can dish it, but he definitely can't take it. The only downside I see to people living longer is the GOP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California