Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2019, 11:39 PM

3,625 posts, read 3,412,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
They only suggested that the suspects could be headed for the border. As usual they really had nothing to back it up. The quality of news these days is very low. However it would be good if this were true as moving toward the border would likely get them caught. Trying to cross would most certainly get them caught. This is a very scary duo of psychopaths who need to be caught.
In your defense, Daniel, I will say that I heard on a Canadian news source, that the US Department of Homeland Security had been alerted by Canadian authorities. Admittedly, that was before the Canadian authorities had a lead in northern Manitoba, but at least the American DHS has a heads-up that these guys are wanted badly. I have no doubt that authorities in both countries are watching the border closely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2019, 11:53 PM

7,681 posts, read 5,530,949 times
If the pair travel to the border by vehicle, they definitely would get caught at the border crossing.

If they travel by foot, they would stick out like a sore thumb. The terrain in southern Manitoba is flat as a pancake with many farmers fields. They would be noticed.

Old 07-30-2019, 04:04 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
I think they hopped on a freight train and are now far away from the search area,probably blending in with the street crowd in Toronto.

Old 07-30-2019, 07:00 AM

7,681 posts, read 5,530,949 times
I doubt there is much freight in the area. The populations are tiny and the terrain doesn’t look conducive for farming.

Old 07-30-2019, 07:46 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
This bit of news has got me scratching my head:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canad...cid=spartandhp

I'm wondering at the difference in technique used by RCMP in relatively remote areas to that I'm familiar with in virtually the rest of the populated continent.

These two blow past a two man patrol vehicle set up to do routine check point stops for everything other than major crimes and these two constables don't ask for ownership and insurance proof of vehicle used? WTF? If they're manning a checkpoint to perform vehicle checks, wouldn't one of the checks be if they're the rightful owners or in authorized possession of the damn vehicle?

Any time I've gone through a check-point set up, I've almost always been asked for license, ownership, and insurance proof.

Had officers Saunders or Spence, with their level of suspicions already raised by them blowing past their lit-up squad, simply asked for that information this would all be over now as the car belonged to Mr. Dyck, their third victim. Having no way to confirm they had rightful possession of the car, I'm sure would have led to further scrutiny and perhaps even being detained until vehicle ownership could be determined.

They must not have included routine query training for RCMP constables during their basic training courses. I am becoming less and less enamoured with the RCMP of late.

Old 07-30-2019, 09:26 AM

7,309 posts, read 9,328,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post

I'm wondering at the difference in technique used by RCMP in relatively remote areas to that I'm familiar with in virtually the rest of the populated continent.

These two blow past a two man patrol vehicle set up to do routine check point stops for everything other than major crimes and these two constables don't ask for ownership and insurance proof of vehicle used? WTF? If they're manning a checkpoint to perform vehicle checks, wouldn't one of the checks be if they're the rightful owners or in authorized possession of the damn vehicle?

Any time I've gone through a check-point set up, I've almost always been asked for license, ownership, and insurance proof.

Had officers Saunders or Spence, with their level of suspicions already raised by them blowing past their lit-up squad, simply asked for that information this would all be over now as the car belonged to Mr. Dyck, their third victim. Having no way to confirm they had rightful possession of the car, I'm sure would have led to further scrutiny and perhaps even being detained until vehicle ownership could be determined.

They must not have included routine query training for RCMP constables during their basic training courses. I am becoming less and less enamoured with the RCMP of late.
I don't think those guys are RCMP. They're band constables. https://globalnews.ca/news/5697042/r...-york-landing/ No RCMP would ever give an interview to anyone without it being approved from the top. Either the Daily Mail doesn't know the difference between band constables and the RCMP or they thought it made a better story to make the RCMP look like buffoons. The RCMP are very close mouthed about everything.

Old 07-30-2019, 09:43 AM

7,309 posts, read 9,328,351 times
And as far as these guys being caught if they try and cross the US border, this Texas murderer somehow made it across with and as far as I know, he's still on the loose. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...toba-1.5205156

Last edited by netwit; 07-30-2019 at 10:09 AM..

Old 07-30-2019, 12:35 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,326,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post

Those two constables did the one job that they had to do, keep liquor out of their community. They are not RCMP officers and I doubt they receive anywhere the amount if training that regular police officers get.

Old 07-30-2019, 12:40 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,326,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
And as far as these guys being caught if they try and cross the US border, this Texas murderer somehow made it across with and as far as I know, he's still on the loose. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...toba-1.5205156
If is simple to cross the border on foot in the prairies, or at night along some roads after the border crossing is closed. What you need is an accomplish on the other side to pick you up.

Surviving and getting out of the area they are now is a bigger challenge.

Old 07-30-2019, 01:18 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,043,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
I don't think those guys are RCMP. They're band constables. https://globalnews.ca/news/5697042/r...-york-landing/ No RCMP would ever give an interview to anyone without it being approved from the top. Either the Daily Mail doesn't know the difference between band constables and the RCMP or they thought it made a better story to make the RCMP look like buffoons. The RCMP are very close mouthed about everything.

You nailed it exactly. That man pictured isn't RCMP, he's one of the Bear Clan Patrol constables (he was shown speaking briefly on CTV news 2 nights ago) and I doubt he said even a quarter of what was reported in that article, if he actually said anything at all. Certainly no RCMP constable would ever give an interview, definitely nothing as outrageously loose-lipped as that. They aren't allowed to tell anybody anything, the RCMP has PR people whose job is to give interviews and deal with media and public.

The Daily Mail is a filthy gossip rag that's always telling lies and making up far-fetched sensational stories to boost their loyal ghoulish readership who thrive on dirt, fear mongering and malice. They've been doing it for years in their publications. Nobody should pay serious attention to anything the Daily Mail puts out, it should all be taken with a grain of salt. Publishing a story like what's in that article does far more harm than good and they know it and don't give a damn.

The RCMP should sue the Daily Mail for publishing slander like that article. I hope they do.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada