Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2024, 09:33 AM

26,875 posts, read 38,004,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayleae1 View Post
Poilievre backs banning trans women from women's sports, change rooms and bathrooms

I am pretty sure even Herr Adolf Hitler never contemplated such a ban.
Wasn't much of an issue back in his day though.

He did persecute gay people quite savagely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2024, 09:38 AM

1,221 posts, read 491,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Wasn't much of an issue back in his day though.

He did persecute gay people quite savagely.
His comments will be viewed as persecuting trans people quite savagely.

Old 02-22-2024, 11:46 AM
pdw

2,674 posts, read 3,091,599 times
https://www.mylloydminsternow.com/63...are-in-canada/
I guess PP disagrees with the Alberta Medical Association. What do they know about healthcare?
Quote:
For children to access this treatment a great level of therapy is required, and legal guardianship must be involved in the process. To make policies stating that children under 15 cannot access them defeats the purpose of the treatments and undermines medical ethics that have been in place for 20 years.

Old 02-22-2024, 12:14 PM

143 posts, read 110,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdw View Post
I guess PP disagrees with the Alberta Medical Association. What do they know about healthcare?
Less than nothing according to your quote.

Old 02-22-2024, 12:55 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,316,797 times
Quote:
I've lived long enough to remember when my mother was talked down to by doctors because she breastfed her children.

I've lived long enough to know my mother declined thalidomide as recommended by her doctor.

I've lived long enough to have had to mother my siblings because post partum depression was not recognized and my mother had a very bad case of it.

I've lived long enough to have menstrated during a time when PMS was not a recognised thing.

I've lived long enough to remember when my more progressive aunts chuckled about the fact that we always had real butter, not margarine. https://www.health.harvard.edu/stayi...r-vs-margarine

There's still the idea white bread is bad for you https://www.bonappetit.com/story/who...an-white-bread

And there's many more things that could be said. Science is not a god to be sacrificed to and I'm not knocking science - in the best instances science is self-correcting. There's a ton of articles, scholarly and otherwise on it. I have a great deal of respect for science.

But when it comes to a soft idea that people are in the wrong gendered bodies, science is asking people to disbelieve 30,000 years of homo sapiens evolution. We organised ourselves by what our bodies could do. It was not the other way around and there is no proving how a so-called woman's brain thinks as opposed to a man's. It's actually insulting our intelligence. It's a gendered sex's fantasy of how he or she thinks the other sex thinks.

And it is much too important to subject children to. Just this summer a young girl killed herself and no doubt she will be put in the statistics of transchildren who commit suicide and used as a platform in support of allowing children to pick their genders.

The backstory on this girl who was a friend of my niece's, is that her mother left the family to live with her boyfriend. Father was looking after the children. Being abandoned by your mother cannot be a good feeling.

Girl decided at one point she is actually a he. Since it comes out later, after her death by hanging, that her mother's boyfriend had been sexually abusing her, why wouldn't she, at aged 14ish, given the smorgasbord of choices she's been told she has, decide to grab the one with power?

This makes her popular in some quarters and bullied in others. And she's not too sure what it means to call herself by a plural, or what it means in terms of living a healthy life given her background? I mean, the fights between her parents don't stop, her father still is not home much as he's at work. Her mother doesn't believe her about the boyfriend. CFS gives custody to the father. She still loves her mother and she's only 14.

In the meantime she also went back to being a she.

RIP dear friend of my niece's. Whom I had to tell that before anything in her life gets to that point, she can come to me. I will believe her. We will figure it out. She is loved.

Old 02-22-2024, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
I've lived long enough to remember when my mother was talked down to by doctors because she breastfed her children.

I've lived long enough to know my mother declined thalidomide as recommended by her doctor.

I've lived long enough to have had to mother my siblings because post partum depression was not recognized and my mother had a very bad case of it.

I've lived long enough to have menstrated during a time when PMS was not a recognised thing.

I've lived long enough to remember when my more progressive aunts chuckled about the fact that we always had real butter, not margarine. https://www.health.harvard.edu/stayi...r-vs-margarine

There's still the idea white bread is bad for you https://www.bonappetit.com/story/who...an-white-bread

And there's many more things that could be said. Science is not a god to be sacrificed to and I'm not knocking science - in the best instances science is self-correcting. There's a ton of articles, scholarly and otherwise on it. I have a great deal of respect for science.

But when it comes to a soft idea that people are in the wrong gendered bodies, science is asking people to disbelieve 30,000 years of homo sapiens evolution. We organised ourselves by what our bodies could do. It was not the other way around and there is no proving how a so-called woman's brain thinks as opposed to a man's. It's actually insulting our intelligence. It's a gendered sex's fantasy of how he or she thinks the other sex thinks.

And it is much too important to subject children to. Just this summer a young girl killed herself and no doubt she will be put in the statistics of transchildren who commit suicide and used as a platform in support of allowing children to pick their genders.

The backstory on this girl who was a friend of my niece's, is that her mother left the family to live with her boyfriend. Father was looking after the children. Being abandoned by your mother cannot be a good feeling.

Girl decided at one point she is actually a he. Since it comes out later, after her death by hanging, that her mother's boyfriend had been sexually abusing her, why wouldn't she, at aged 14ish, given the smorgasbord of choices she's been told she has, decide to grab the one with power?

This makes her popular in some quarters and bullied in others. And she's not too sure what it means to call herself by a plural, or what it means in terms of living a healthy life given her background? I mean, the fights between her parents don't stop, her father still is not home much as he's at work. Her mother doesn't believe her about the boyfriend. CFS gives custody to the father. She still loves her mother and she's only 14.

In the meantime she also went back to being a she.

RIP dear friend of my niece's. Whom I had to tell that before anything in her life gets to that point, she can come to me. I will believe her. We will figure it out. She is loved.
Tragic story. And far too much basic common sense argumentation for 2024.

Old 02-22-2024, 01:34 PM
pdw

2,674 posts, read 3,091,599 times
Really sorry to hear about your family member, Netwit. I’m sure you being there for them helped a lot with their situation even though such a tragic spiral of events occurred. My condolences to you and your family.

There’s wisdom in everything you’re saying and it’s an incredibly complex topic. Perhaps I’m not giving enough emphasis on that with some of my statements. God bless

Old 02-22-2024, 03:24 PM

1,221 posts, read 491,363 times
Quote:

There’s wisdom in everything you’re saying and it’s an incredibly complex topic. Perhaps I’m not giving enough emphasis on that with some of my statements. God bless
It's really not complex. It mostly ideologically driven. It is your side asking people to ignore biology and common sense. The science is not settled like you claim it is.

Old 02-23-2024, 09:44 AM

3,450 posts, read 2,775,135 times
So Alberta has built an exit for the Trans-Canada Highway.

Old 02-23-2024, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suesbal View Post
So Alberta has built an exit for the Trans-Canada Highway.
On this specific issue at least, around three quarters of Canadians agree with the Alberta Premier.

So who is it that's driving their car off the road into the ditch?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada