Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2017, 11:28 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,791,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
What's the deal w/ eye contact? What a preposterous idea to ban someone of eye contact.
well it really IS just straight up weird. Some of these celebrity's egos are way out of control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2017, 02:45 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,694,378 times
It is easier to ignore you if you do not make eye contact with them.

Old 09-06-2017, 08:40 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,125,092 times
But they all want you to watch or hear their next project. Too many of them just don't want to dance with the ones that brung 'em.

Old 09-06-2017, 03:54 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,651,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
well it really IS just straight up weird. Some of these celebrity's egos are way out of control.
Ya, I'd say so.

Old 09-06-2017, 10:59 PM

33,321 posts, read 12,511,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkhamAngel731 View Post
Marlo Thomas is a sweetheart. Just like her father. One of Danny best friends was my great uncle (Last name also Thomas, never found out if we are related at all)..I recently ran across pictures from my cousin's first communion. Young Marlo & Danny sitting there, all smiles. I never got to meet her father, but ive heard nothing but amazing things & she's wonderful (Phil & their boys as well)..
Re the bolded....that would be news to their mother Marge...if she is still alive.

Old 11-02-2017, 04:42 PM

3,568 posts, read 1,345,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny DeSurf View Post
Hands down the nicest celeb I met was Shaq!! He picked me up and let me kiss him on the cheek!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
Did he put you down afterwards or is he still carrying you around cluelessly?

Haha!!

Old 11-02-2017, 06:00 PM

6,224 posts, read 6,612,356 times
Mets tons of celebs back in da day. Wayne Gretzky, Lou Ferrigno, Nancy Wilson, (& the WHOLE band HEART) back in da 80s.

Many many more minor celebs, all kinds of rock n rollers, & went to Switzerland & played w/ pro NHL hockey guys in 80s in hockey camps. Too many to think of -- but NONE & I mean NONE were rude. They only played their part as celebs meeting those not as big named, & I respected since they worked their way to that position & if it were me, I'd surely act same.

Don't ya think they tired of insults, barbs, jabs in the press, long ardous hrs, etc. & how can ya expect them to be sane or cordial? Hell, after a long day I'm ready to fight a lion indoors -- & I'm just a normal avg Joe vs stardom & fame & the hounding from nutjobs on a daily basis.

Old 11-04-2017, 09:43 AM

One of our local radio stations used to do some decent celebrity interviews in their studios back in the 90s. Quite a few "Where are they now?" stories.

They said Butch Patrick (Eddie Munster) had terrible BO - really disgusting. The station put guests up at one of the best hotels so it's not like he didn't have access to soap & water.

Another strange one was Maureen McCormick (Marcia Brady). As soon as her interview was over, the DJs said she went ballistic demanding to know where her check (appearance fee) was. I saw her on Dancing with the Stars a year or so ago, so maybe she's doing better. DWTS pays in the 6 figures.

My dad told me that back in the 50s he went to see Nat King Cole and then went backstage to ask for an autograph, and Nat slammed the door in dad's face. This was back when it was easier to approach celebs, and maybe after performing Nat was tired.

Co-worker and & I saw Michael Douglas walking down the street with someone back when they were filming the movie "Traffic". Said hello and smiled.

Last edited by applej3; 11-04-2017 at 09:55 AM..

Old 11-04-2017, 02:55 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,651,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noregon98 View Post
That's been going on for quite some time with celebs.

There was a genuine article stating that fact and naming names about a decade ago.
You can still Google now and at least get some more current names from random posters.

Barbara Streisand was mentioned in the above article I read stating that none of the crew was to give eye contact while she was rehearsing.

Tom Cruise was also mentioned.
According to some crew members, he had a memo passed at least by the time of Mission Impossible III, stating any violations of the rule would cause termination of the crew member.

He also had a white light-filtering overhead shade, or complete upside-down U-shaped tunnel connected from the top of the doorway of his Star Waggon Trailer to the top of the stage door, either to control the lighting of his face in case someone snuck a picture of him and/or thwart unauthorized overhead "Slop-a-rots-see" photos.

Some stars won't even allow their make-up or hair stylists to talk with them while in the chair or otherwise.
I understand about the make up and hair stylists. Maybe they're "in character" or trying to get there. Or, getting ready--in the zone. But, the eye contact thing is so bizarre. Maybe it takes them off their game, too, or something??

Old 11-04-2017, 08:00 PM

Some animals (chimpanzees ?) don't like eye contact. They see it as a challenge or threat or some such thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities