Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2019, 12:41 PM

1,487 posts, read 781,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by merv1225 View Post
Mike Myers...arrogant jerk.

Ted Danson, on the other hand, was a relaxed funny guy on the set of a movie in which I was an extra. He hung around and joked and chatted with the extras like a regular guy and freely gave out autographs.
That saddens me about Mike. We share the same birthday one year apart. I always thought he would be hilarious and kind. He is a celeb on my wish list to meet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2019, 08:45 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,122,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleeGee View Post

5. Robert B Parker - He is the author of the "Spencer" novels, made into a TV show starring Robert Urich.
He was at a book signing in Southcenter 1981. I didn't have a book for him to sign, but I got his autograph, and he was polite and professional. I saw him leave the store, went up to him and told him how much I enjoyed his books. He was pleased, smiled, and said "I'm so busy, I have to run. Thank you". Great guy. Sturdy frame.

He also wrote all the Jesse Stone novels.

Old 07-02-2019, 12:20 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,573,369 times
All of the celebrities that I have ever met were extremely nice , off of the top of my head I'm going to name two.

1. Was Jim Brown a Hall of Fame professional football player and movie actor. Met him outside of a nightclub in Hollywood California very down-to-earth extremely friendly guy. You would think that Jim Brown would be the real arrogant Macho type , but he really wasn't that type of person.

2. I met Demond Wilson of the Stanford and Son sitcom Fame. I think that the Stanford and Son TV show ran from 1972 until 1977 and then went into syndication. Demond Wilson left the Hollywood scene and became a minister/preacher, I saw him on a TV set on the Oral Roberts University campus in Tulsa Oklahoma. He was a friendly and kind person and treated me with respect.

Old 07-02-2019, 01:13 AM

17,597 posts, read 17,629,777 times
Only met two celebrities. First met Tommy Lee Jones when he was filming “In The Electric Mist”. Extreme jerk all around. Some scenes were being filmed in a hospital still in operation. One scene in a vacant patient’s room and one scene in the hospital’s morgue. He was getting angry about the hospital’s overhead announcements interrupting filming. He even got angry at the oxygen delivery truck blocking his exit to his trailer. The truck was delivering liquid oxygen to the hospital for patients in the one and only place it can park for delivery and he demanded the truck be moved.

The other celebrity was Kristy Swanson when she was filming the SyFy channel movie Swamp Shark. A scene was being filmed at the same hospital morgue. Knew she was there to do a job so I didn’t stop her to try to talk to her but what little interaction we had together she seemed pretty OK. She’s still beautiful. Glad she’s cleaned up since the Charlie Sheen years.

Old 07-04-2019, 04:11 AM

1,205 posts, read 1,970,174 times
Tyler Florence came to our town with "The Great Food Truck Race". Super nice, down to earth guy, who interacted with the crowd watching and was very friendly.

Our wives saw Regis in NYC and Valerie Harper was a guest. While waiting for our wives < she came out with her assistant. She saw us looking at her and came over and said HI. Super nice lady.

As a kid in NYC with my mom, we saw Debbie Reynolds on the street. My mom asked her for an autograph for me. I was young enough that I had no clue who she was. She laughed and asked my mom if she was sure I was the real fan. I can still remember how nice she was and how beautiful a woman she was.

Old 07-09-2019, 10:39 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,016,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Maybe. I got there by donating to a charity that he supports. But I got the feeling it was more than the money with him. He just seemed like a very warm, down to earth guy who enjoys talking to people.

My best friend and her husband used to operate an online radio station, that played mostly electronic dance music.

One time, the got the opportunity to go to a radio convention in Miami, so they went.

One afternoon, my friend and her husband are lounging around the pool when 2 people walk up to my friend. It was Kelly Osbourne and her manager. Kelly wanted to thank my friend for playing her new record on her station. My friend said she was actually very nice, and very sweet, and seemed genuinely appreciative.

Old 07-09-2019, 11:45 PM

33,313 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisjongalt View Post
Maybe Julia Roberts has changed but I don't know why she has such a bad rap. I met her dozens of times when she was dating Kiefer Sutherland and she was always really nice and polite...no attitude at all. I worked at one of those "celebrity" restaurants and they came in at least once a week. Kiefer was even friendlier. One of the guys I worked with asked him to be in his student film and he did it. He even went on location out in the desert to film it.
A friend of mine has known the Klein family for many decades. Much of northern Harris County (largest city.....Houston) was settled by farmers who came from Germany in the mid 1800's. Probably the most prominent of these families has been the Klein family. Lyle Lovett is a Klein. IIRC, he's the great-great grandson of the patriarch, Adam Klein. My friend went to Strack's (a well known decades old restaurant that closed in 2014) to meet a friend for a meal. He walked in, and Lyle and Julia were finishing up their meal (this was when they were married). The last time my friend had seen Lyle was before he got married. He stopped and chatted with Lyle and Julia until the friend he was meeting showed up. He thought Julia was very nice.

Old 07-09-2019, 11:55 PM

33,313 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleeGee View Post
I've met in Seattle;

1. Tom Skerritt - Really nice and personable. Met at the Safeway on Capitol Hill in 1992. I was on my way to the bthrm walking in front of the registers. I took two steps past him in his checkout line, said no way, backed up, pointed a finger at him and said "You're Tom Skerritt". He put a finger to his lips and went "Shhhhhh". After he left the store, people started going up to him outside and asking for autographs. He signed every one. He put on mine "With love to Aleta, Tom Skerritt." I don't have it anymore. SH--!!!
2. Jeff Daniels - Kept insisting it wasn't him, as if he's never been seen in his entire life. I didn't find it funny after the third denial. Met him on 5th Avenue at a cappuccino stand in 1999. No idea what he was doing there. However, the jail and courthouse are across the street. ?
3. Jerry Seinfeld - He was in Occidental Park/ Pioneer Square looking for The Comedy Underground in 2008, I think. He was with two solidly built older guys. They were short, like him, but built like pit bulls.
They were wandering around, and I walked up to them. I didn't know it was Seinfeld. He had a baseball cap and sunglasses on, with a pea coat. I said " Are you guys lost? Can I help? Lived here my whole life". Jerry was turned toward the firemen sculpture, and when he faced me, I said " Hi Jerry". Wtf am I supposed to say? Watched him my whole life. He looked at me like " Do I know you?" because I said it with familiarity, like I knew him. Then he mumbled "No we got it". The two guys didn't eye me like a threat, or shoo me away. They were cooler than him.
I asked him before he walked away if he was looking for the Comedy Undrgrnd, and that it had burned down. He didn't say yes or no, just continued walking.
Idk if he is incredibly shy, or incredibly conceited. I would liked to have talked to him more, but I got the cues of the brush-off.
4. Judas Priest - It was 1980, and they were staying at the Duwamish Holiday Inn. My friend was a maid there, and a groupie. I lived around the corner from the hotel, in Allentown. She picked me up, and as we pulled into the HI, they were getting in a limo for a record signing at Tower on Mercer. They tried to lose us there and back but we kept pace. When we got to the Inn, they said anyone drives like that deserves to meet the band.
We hung out in the room for about 30 minutes, then they said they needed rest b4 the show. I think bcuz we weren't showing signs of wanting to bone them, they lost interest in us.
My friend went back that night, got into the lounge underage, drank with them after their show, and said Rob wanted to take her to his room. This was pre-coming out for him, so maybe she was telling the truth. Maybe she did everyone. She was absolutely mesmerized by musicians. I found them to be crass and obnoxious. Don't like rock n roll musicians to this day, or most any kind of musician for that matter. They suck at their day job of being a person.
5. Robert B Parker - He is the author of the "Spencer" novels, made into a TV show starring Robert Urich.
He was at a book signing in Southcenter 1981. I didn't have a book for him to sign, but I got his autograph, and he was polite and professional. I saw him leave the store, went up to him and told him how much I enjoyed his books. He was pleased, smiled, and said "I'm so busy, I have to run. Thank you". Great guy. Sturdy frame.
I used to live near Sheila E. By coincidence I ran into her a number of times at our local 24 hour Safeway in the wee hours of the night (but not at the same time each time). After a few times we laughed about it. We were the only customers in the store each time. She seemed like a very nice person.

Old 07-11-2019, 01:02 AM

226 posts, read 576,335 times
I've met:

Pierce Brosnan
Liam Neeson
Lark Voorhies
Kathy Najimy
Yuuki Kudoh

All of them were basically nice, except one was kinda rude...

I've been right next to, but not officially met:

Matthew McConaughey
Ron Howard
Ellen
Chad Allen
Anne Heche
Sugar Ray Leonard
Some of the actors off "The Mummy."

Old 10-27-2019, 04:23 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,083,796 times
My friend and I attend a horror convention twice a year and many celebrities ranging from 'washed up, what movies was he in again' to 'minor' to 'used to be pretty big' attend.

They range from the guy who played the lead singer at the dance in Back to the Future to Charlie Sheen.

The one thing I have noticed about celebrities is that even if they are quite nice and friendly, they have an air about them, a walk, a swagger like they are 'different'. Especially with the women celebrities, the exception might be those who are not known for being pretty/cute.

We've met several at this point and most of them have an 'exaggerated' behavior despite being only 'kinda famous'.

I've met a number of athletes over the years in passing and I went to college with a few famous ones. Athletes are in general, arrogant jackasses.

I can only imagine what somebody like Tom Cruise or Michael Jordan would be like...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities