Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2020, 01:31 AM

33,313 posts, read 12,491,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SluggoF16 View Post
I had the honor of meeting Mick Jagger at the executive terminal at PHX airport... what a nice dude. While the guy I was with who worked there and I were dumbstruck, he chatted with us as he waited to go to his chartered airplane as if he'd known us since we were little kids.

Same place, met Stevie Nicks. She was neither friendly nor talkative, and in retrospect she was pretty high, so not really a fair assessment.

At an air show where I was sitting static display I met the headliner for the evening concert, Jimmy Buffett. He is as fun and personable as his stage show lets on.

At a steak place in Amarillo (!) my wife and I were seated next to Chris Isaak. You'd never guess who he was, and he was not annoyed when anyone stopped by to briefly say they loved his music.

I was commissioned by Barry Goldwater, and met John McCain the same day. Down to earth political maverick types. Also, I met Mike Huckabee when he was governor, and he's probably the most interesting and just-plain-folks politician I ever met. Can't say the same about two other senators, an attorney general and a governor I have met. (For those interested, a 50/50 mix Democrat/Republican)

I sat behind Wally Schirra (one of the Original Seven/Astronaut Group 1/Mercury Seven astronauts) in the VIP section at a change of command for an aircraft carrier, and chatted with him at the reception afterwards on the hangar deck. He was a very nice man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2020, 02:02 AM

1,936 posts, read 700,911 times
Bill Murray filmed St Vincent in my brother's friend's house. People on the block were asked not to bother him while he was working. When he wasn't working, he actually spoke to everyone on the block. One young boy had a scooter and he took it and started riding it. People thought he was pretty down to earth.

My BIL who is retired FDNY met Steve Buscemi at an event after 9/11. Steve is also a former FDNY. My BIL said he
was polite and very low key. Same BIL noticed Will Ferrell at a Rangers game and then later at a subway station. My BIL
wished him luck with his new movie (ELF had just come out). He said Will smiled and waved at him.

My sister used to work in the corporate world and her job would host "charity days" where lots of celebrities would show up.
She said Meryl Streep acted polite. Michael J. Fox was nice. Derek Jeter shook her hand. She had her picture
take with some NY Rangers. She was very impressed with Daniel Craig and his wife, Rachel. (I'd love to see him in person!)

She said Matthew McConaughey had an entourage and acted very full of himself. She didn't like Danica Patrick either.

Old 04-25-2020, 03:26 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,646,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Scoops View Post
Bill Murray filmed St Vincent in my brother's friend's house. People on the block were asked not to bother him while he was working. When he wasn't working, he actually spoke to everyone on the block. One young boy had a scooter and he took it and started riding it. People thought he was pretty down to earth.

My BIL who is retired FDNY met Steve Buscemi at an event after 9/11. Steve is also a former FDNY. My BIL said he
was polite and very low key. Same BIL noticed Will Ferrell at a Rangers game and then later at a subway station. My BIL
wished him luck with his new movie (ELF had just come out). He said Will smiled and waved at him.

My sister used to work in the corporate world and her job would host "charity days" where lots of celebrities would show up.
She said Meryl Streep acted polite. Michael J. Fox was nice. Derek Jeter shook her hand. She had her picture
take with some NY Rangers. She was very impressed with Daniel Craig and his wife, Rachel. (I'd love to see him in person!)

She said Matthew McConaughey had an entourage and acted very full of himself. She didn't like Danica Patrick either.
Others on here have said how down to earth Bill Murray is.

Old 04-25-2020, 03:43 PM

5,527 posts, read 3,247,667 times
I've only met one celebrity, but what a celebrity!

When I was a child I was bugging my dad about visiting our nearby airport because I had never seen an airport before. It was a weeknight and my dad was tired from work but he relented. We drove to O'Hare and it was pre-9/11 so we could wander the terminals.

We were about to wrap it up and go home when we saw a commotion and camera flashes. There was a gaggle of people surrounding a man - Muhammad Ali!

He was a total class act. He could not speak at the time but when I went up to him he gave me a fist bump. He was shaking and I didn't know why.

Old 04-25-2020, 08:06 PM

33,313 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondalist View Post
I've only met one celebrity, but what a celebrity!

When I was a child I was bugging my dad about visiting our nearby airport because I had never seen an airport before. It was a weeknight and my dad was tired from work but he relented. We drove to O'Hare and it was pre-9/11 so we could wander the terminals.

We were about to wrap it up and go home when we saw a commotion and camera flashes. There was a gaggle of people surrounding a man - Muhammad Ali!

He was a total class act. He could not speak at the time but when I went up to him he gave me a fist bump. He was shaking and I didn't know why.

If you ever get the chance, visit the Muhammad Ali Center in his native Louisville, KY.

It's a non profit museum and cultural center.

It's well worth the visit .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_Ali_Center

Old 04-27-2020, 01:19 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,016,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Ugh...a family member worked the Carter detail for a number of years down in GA and the horror stories I heard about him! Total pig! Same could be said of Clinton (he worked the '92 presidential campaign.) Nothing but great stories about the Bush family though...very respectful and kind to the men & women protecting them, treated them like family.

I met a lawyer once, who worked with Bill Clinton. Had nothing nice to say about him. He thought Bill was an awful human.

Old 04-27-2020, 07:03 PM

2,599 posts, read 2,319,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
I met a lawyer once, who worked with Bill Clinton. Had nothing nice to say about him. He thought Bill was an awful human.
Did he elaborate why?

Old 05-04-2020, 07:15 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,016,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousgeorge5 View Post
Did he elaborate why?
A little bit. Mostly to do with his catting around, harassing women, being a player.

The lawyer I met knew Clinton in Arkansas, but had business with him while in the Whitehouse as well. He met Monica Lewinsky, and thought she was a sweet, nice young lady. Him knowing Clinton, and what happened before Monica, and the whole debacle involving Monica, he couldn't stand Clinton.

Old 07-19-2020, 08:26 AM

10 posts, read 37,927 times
Nice:
Tony Danza (was married to my niece - she however, is not nice); Dustin Hoffman, Wilt Chamberlain, Edward G Robinson, William Holden.

Rude:
Sally Struthers, Lily Tomlin, Wes(t) Holden.

Old 07-27-2020, 08:27 AM

29 posts, read 12,177 times
Rihanna
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities