Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2019, 04:17 PM

8 posts, read 24,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Southpaw View Post
Well, most of mine are athletes since I played minor league pro baseball for several years. And coached some pros here in AZ during Spring Training. But I also know some musicians since my brother is a pretty well-known rock and roll guy.

NICEST.......

Alice Cooper... (He lives just down the road from me here in AZ. and I golfed with him once in a foursome for charity event. Funny as hell. A Born Again Christian! LOL

Jimmy Buffet...same thing. Just a regular guy.

Robert Downey, Jr--had a drink with him (oops, he's supposed to be sober I think!) in a lounge at Sky Harobr airport in Phoenix about three years ago. Quiet, smart. Bought both my drinks.

Nick Swisher.....pro baseball player with the Yankees; A's. High energy and always cutting up. Wants everybody to like him.
Randy Johnson...hall of fame pitcher..quiet, one of those un-assuming big men.
Keith Hernandez....pro ballplayer. always has a joke and is smiling.
Terry Francona..major league baseball coach..was with the Sox when they won it all in 2004. Came and talked to our team for free and missed his flight to do it. Provided my former wife with a lot of clients for her business.

RUDEST.....

Ted Nugent...just an asss. Pure and simple
Barry Bonds....ditto
Reggie Jackson.....double ditto. Loud and mean, arrogant. Saw him slap a kid's hand away asking for an autograph.
Michael Jordan...that mr. nice guy from the commercials is b.s. As mean and arrogant as then come.
Is this Scott T?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2019, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I was back stage at the Black Sabbath concert the other night at Madison Square Garden. Ozzy Osbourne had a small group of us hanging out with him in his dressing room. He was as nice as they come. He really has an appreciation for his fans. He talked to us about everything. His past drug addiction (he has been completely clean for 3 years), his childhood, his art work that he has been doing, his current family life. He took pictures with all of us too. The other guys in the band seemed like they weren't to happy about being around us regular people, but Ozzy seemed like he thrived on it.

Ozzy gets tons of money for meet 'n greets. His band members get $0 (they're paid per show) but are expected to be there for these things. You think you'd be happy having to do something without getting paid?

Old 06-07-2019, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by applej3 View Post
A close friend went to a taping of the Rachel Ray show several years ago, and as a result is no longer a fan. She said Rachel is a phoney - when the cameras are on she's all chatty and chipper and smiling. But then at breaks she was rude, refused to acknowledge the audience at all, and didn't want to be bothered.

This surprised me.

Then I heard something about her being spotted in a market in NY and a man and his daughter smiled and Rachel was completely dismissive.

(I see similar comments about Rachel elsewhere in this thread, here's one):
To be fair, she has to prep for the next segment once they're off air. She's the main cheese and the pressure to hold up the show is squarely on her. And just because she didn't smile at someone across the store doesn't mean she's an a-hole.

And remember: you're getting a snapshot of someone's day. There are folks who swear i'm the funniest sweetest guy around and others that curse my name. It all depended on when they got me on any given day. That's being human.

Old 06-08-2019, 02:48 PM

892 posts, read 483,698 times
Nicest--Bruce Conner

Old 06-08-2019, 03:50 PM

18,453 posts, read 15,236,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlconsultant View Post
Ozzy gets tons of money for meet 'n greets. His band members get $0 (they're paid per show) but are expected to be there for these things. You think you'd be happy having to do something without getting paid?
Maybe. I got there by donating to a charity that he supports. But I got the feeling it was more than the money with him. He just seemed like a very warm, down to earth guy who enjoys talking to people.

Old 06-09-2019, 07:36 PM

20,926 posts, read 28,397,897 times
Everyone I have met has been nice here's my list:
Dee Snider
Billy Joel
Pat Lafontaine
Wayne Carini- chasing classic cars show
Adam Richman- Man VS food show

I have met many more but the ones listed I actually had conversations with.

Old 06-12-2019, 11:25 AM

2,868 posts, read 1,148,260 times
Met the lead singer of "System of a Down" back in '07 on a flight. He was cool, polite (and a bit inebriated).

Old 06-30-2019, 12:30 PM

1,487 posts, read 781,364 times
I've met in Seattle;

1. Tom Skerritt - Really nice and personable. Met at the Safeway on Capitol Hill in 1992. I was on my way to the bthrm walking in front of the registers. I took two steps past him in his checkout line, said no way, backed up, pointed a finger at him and said "You're Tom Skerritt". He put a finger to his lips and went "Shhhhhh". After he left the store, people started going up to him outside and asking for autographs. He signed every one. He put on mine "With love to Aleta, Tom Skerritt." I don't have it anymore. SH--!!!
2. Jeff Daniels - Kept insisting it wasn't him, as if he's never been seen in his entire life. I didn't find it funny after the third denial. Met him on 5th Avenue at a cappuccino stand in 1999. No idea what he was doing there. However, the jail and courthouse are across the street. ?
3. Jerry Seinfeld - He was in Occidental Park/ Pioneer Square looking for The Comedy Underground in 2008, I think. He was with two solidly built older guys. They were short, like him, but built like pit bulls.
They were wandering around, and I walked up to them. I didn't know it was Seinfeld. He had a baseball cap and sunglasses on, with a pea coat. I said " Are you guys lost? Can I help? Lived here my whole life". Jerry was turned toward the firemen sculpture, and when he faced me, I said " Hi Jerry". Wtf am I supposed to say? Watched him my whole life. He looked at me like " Do I know you?" because I said it with familiarity, like I knew him. Then he mumbled "No we got it". The two guys didn't eye me like a threat, or shoo me away. They were cooler than him.
I asked him before he walked away if he was looking for the Comedy Undrgrnd, and that it had burned down. He didn't say yes or no, just continued walking.
Idk if he is incredibly shy, or incredibly conceited. I would liked to have talked to him more, but I got the cues of the brush-off.
4. Judas Priest - It was 1980, and they were staying at the Duwamish Holiday Inn. My friend was a maid there, and a groupie. I lived around the corner from the hotel, in Allentown. She picked me up, and as we pulled into the HI, they were getting in a limo for a record signing at Tower on Mercer. They tried to lose us there and back but we kept pace. When we got to the Inn, they said anyone drives like that deserves to meet the band.
We hung out in the room for about 30 minutes, then they said they needed rest b4 the show. I think bcuz we weren't showing signs of wanting to bone them, they lost interest in us.
My friend went back that night, got into the lounge underage, drank with them after their show, and said Rob wanted to take her to his room. This was pre-coming out for him, so maybe she was telling the truth. Maybe she did everyone. She was absolutely mesmerized by musicians. I found them to be crass and obnoxious. Don't like rock n roll musicians to this day, or most any kind of musician for that matter. They suck at their day job of being a person.
5. Robert B Parker - He is the author of the "Spencer" novels, made into a TV show starring Robert Urich.
He was at a book signing in Southcenter 1981. I didn't have a book for him to sign, but I got his autograph, and he was polite and professional. I saw him leave the store, went up to him and told him how much I enjoyed his books. He was pleased, smiled, and said "I'm so busy, I have to run. Thank you". Great guy. Sturdy frame.

Last edited by AleeGee; 06-30-2019 at 01:06 PM..

Old 06-30-2019, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
In my last job of 13 years I saw TONS AND TONS of celebrities.
BY FAR the nastiest of them all has to be James Gandolfini from the Sopranos.
No words can describe how mean and horrible he was in real life.

Google him and enter in key words such as "mean" or "nasty" and you'll see how many people have written about him.

tough guy
REALLY? Wow. I did not know that about him. I think I heard he was a nice guy somewhere. Well, he's neither nice nor nasty now, he's deceased.

Old 06-30-2019, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
Nicest was Heidi Klum and Samantha Ronson ( not sure if she really fits celebrity status)

Rudest was Bryan Ferry. YUK
Bryan Ferry poached the girlfriend of his own son. Lured her away from him and married her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities