Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2009, 09:23 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,451,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
Thanks tigerlily!

My little Glambert is begging to go see that MJ movie. I wonder what people with think if I show up with a 4 year old. LOL
I'm debating if to take my 6yo with me. I know she can sit through something like Ice Age, but Michael Jackson? At the same time, feel like she can experience and remember a piece of history.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2009, 10:45 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,885,400 times
Has anyone seen the cover of his debut album? What do you think? I think he looks gorgeous (albeit he looks like a girl -- definitely a "queen"). But there are lots of people making criticisms of it and I think some of them are valid. It makes no difference to me because I will be buying that album the minute the stores open their doors, but I just want him to be successful so badly and I don't want him to make mistakes.

Does anyone else think he would be PERFECT playing Elvis in the movie of his life? He just seems like a natural choice to me. Anyone?

Old 10-27-2009, 11:08 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,636,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Has anyone seen the cover of his debut album? What do you think? I think he looks gorgeous (albeit he looks like a girl -- definitely a "queen"). But there are lots of people making criticisms of it and I think some of them are valid. It makes no difference to me because I will be buying that album the minute the stores open their doors, but I just want him to be successful so badly and I don't want him to make mistakes.

Does anyone else think he would be PERFECT playing Elvis in the movie of his life? He just seems like a natural choice to me. Anyone?
I will be buying his first album as well, and look forward to it! He certainly looks enough like Elvis to pull it off. But....can he act?

Old 10-28-2009, 12:41 AM

4,627 posts, read 10,470,214 times
Quote:
But there are lots of people making criticisms of it and I think some of them are valid.
Like what kind of criticisms? Regarding his looks and openness? I appreciate that he doesn't try to hide who he is. That openness doesn't make him a hero or anything, but at least he is forthright. His voice is what is enchanting to me, and I really couldn't care about anything else. (But as Mookster said, "he sure is puuurdy!")

Yes, I agree. Adam would be a 'perfect' Elvis. I hope his album doesn't sell out before I can get my hands on a copy.

The promo for Michael Jackson's movie had only a few seconds of Adam. A mere blip on the screen...~~~

Old 10-28-2009, 01:00 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,254,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Felina View Post
Like what kind of criticisms? Regarding his looks and openness? I appreciate that he doesn't try to hide who he is. That openness doesn't make him a hero or anything, but at least he is forthright. His voice is what is enchanting to me, and I really couldn't care about anything else. (But as Mookster said, "he sure is puuurdy!")

Yes, I agree. Adam would be a 'perfect' Elvis. I hope his album doesn't sell out before I can get my hands on a copy.

The promo for Michael Jackson's movie had only a few seconds of Adam. A mere blip on the screen...~~~
The cover reminds me of a Nagel poster, an artist I happen to like. I believe Adam when he says he controls his career cause that cover sure doesn't look like the "plain vanilla" ones chosen for former idols. In the interview I saw, I thought he was on for a minute or two, talked about MJ. David Cook was on right after. I liked the spiked hair and the black outfit, of course. I still plan to rent "Elvis" with Jonathan Rhys-Mayers.

Old 10-28-2009, 05:56 AM

3,004 posts, read 3,885,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Felina View Post

No, I don't think it was his "look" per se, but rather the colors and style of the album cover, which is a throwback to a cheesy pop era. But hey, that's what Adam says his album sounds like -- 1970's in a time warp. I happened to like a lot of that music (I was a teen then) and if Adam is singing it, well . . .

I didn't realize there was already an Elvis movie out there. Bummer! Adam would have been perfect for it.

Can he act? "Does a cow moo?" He was a stage actor before AI.

Old 10-28-2009, 06:33 AM

4,253 posts, read 9,451,252 times
Quote:
Has anyone seen the cover of his debut album? What do you think? I think he looks gorgeous (albeit he looks like a girl -- definitely a "queen").
Hmmm wow. I guess I will form my opinion after I listen to the album.

Old 10-28-2009, 10:21 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,636,245 times
Quote:
No, I don't think it was his "look" per se, but rather the colors and style of the album cover, which is a throwback to a cheesy pop era. But hey, that's what Adam says his album sounds like -- 1970's in a time warp. I happened to like a lot of that music (I was a teen then) and if Adam is singing it, well . . .

I didn't realize there was already an Elvis movie out there. Bummer! Adam would have been perfect for it.

Can he act? "Does a cow moo?" He was a stage actor before AI.

Ha ha!! Can a stage actor (overly dramatic) cross over to cheesy film acting??

Old 10-28-2009, 03:35 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,254,113 times
Adam defends his album cover in these articles. Also announced more songs from the album: "Soaked" written by Muse and "Music Again" written by Justin Hawkins of the Darkness.

Clip:
“Thank you to those who appreciate and understand that the album cover is deliberately campy. It’s an homage to the past. It IS ridiculous,” he wrote this morning. “For those that don’t get it: oh well… Glad to have gotten your attention,” he continued. “Androgyny. Rock n Roll.”
...Lambert, who was photographed by EW while recording earlier this month, told us then of his goal for the album. ”I wanna rock; I want people to dance, I want people to cry, I want people to smile and laugh,” he said. ”And I wanna play dress-up!”

Adam Lambert confirms album cover 'deliberately campy' | EW.com

Adam Lambert Defends Album Cover Via Twitter » MTV Newsroom

Old 10-28-2009, 03:47 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,121,486 times
I actually think the cover works with the "glam" and the "glittery alien from planet fierce" persona. Also, it keeps people talking and that's always good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities