Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 01:19 PM

11 posts, read 33,285 times

Advertisements

Summerville is a great little town. It has everything you need within reach. I make it to the airport in about 20 minutes. I live in Sunburst Lakes off of Orangeburg road. I have an elementary school 1 mile from the house and a middle school about 3 minutes away. We also have a new Publix grocery, two drug stores, and several small restaurants within a 1 mile range. Sunburst lakes is also a fairly small community with around 100 homes, swimming pool, playground, and only 1 way in or out (makes for zero through traffic). I have a 12 year old daughter and I have no problem letting her loose to ride her bike or go to the park. The homes are also reasonably priced for the square footage with a lot of them backing up to protected forest land for privacy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2008, 02:09 PM

17 posts, read 78,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonbred View Post
So im another Northerner who is sick and tired of the snow and ready for a move. My family and I have chosen to move to SC, more specifically in the Charleston area. Our problem is that we dont necessarily want to move IN
Charleston. We are looking for a smaller city without an astronomical crime rate and decent schools. Also the town/city has to be a MAX of 30-45min away from Charleston and an airport. Diversity is a plus, coming from Boston i expect nothing less...kinda. Please dont direct us too far inland we dont do mountains and "hicks". I dont mean to offend anyone but we're from the city and are scared to death of little towns that have homes that are separated 3mi apart... Jeepers Creepers anyone?

Thanx for understanding
Darn cuz, with all the conditions you've imposed....maybe you're better off staying in Bahston? I know we'd probabaly would be better off if you did.

I'm just sayin....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area