Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 11:40 AM

7,934 posts, read 17,331,873 times

Advertisements

From the direct message that this smuck sent me:

"stop getting your little feelings hurt sweetie, it's just the internet

aaron"

Old 07-18-2011, 12:07 PM

171 posts, read 305,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleTomCat View Post
From the direct message that this smuck sent me:

"stop getting your little feelings hurt sweetie, it's just the internet

aaron"
it's 's-c-h-m-u-c-k' actually.
and dont be such a poopy pants girl, as i said before, it's just the internet and no one wins.

Old 07-18-2011, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguard cycle View Post
it's 's-c-h-m-u-c-k' actually.
and dont be such a poopy pants girl, as i said before, it's just the internet and no one wins.
You are the one who started the name calling then you whined about the name calling now you calling me a poopy pants girl?

I think someone needs to grow up....

Old 07-18-2011, 12:46 PM

1,541 posts, read 2,678,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleTomCat View Post
You are the one who started the name calling then you whined about the name calling now you calling me a poopy pants girl?

I think someone needs to grow up....
Tom, why are you engaging this person? He clearly has nothing of any value to add to the board, and should be given exactly the amount of attention he deserves, none at all. Rather than try to convince him that he is wrong we should do our best to convince him that he is right, if for no other reason than to help him along with his eventual decision to leave a place that clearly makes him unhappy. Certainly Charleston would be better for it.

Old 07-18-2011, 12:57 PM

Because of his post that him and others like him plan on staying here and changing the way of life the I and so many others have come to love......

Old 07-18-2011, 01:02 PM

171 posts, read 305,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxanneself View Post
Tom, why are you engaging this person? He clearly has nothing of any value to add to the board, and should be given exactly the amount of attention he deserves, none at all. Rather than try to convince him that he is wrong we should do our best to convince him that he is right, if for no other reason than to help him along with his eventual decision to leave a place that clearly makes him unhappy. Certainly Charleston would be better for it.
Oh you!
i love you east of the cooper types and your passive aggressive ways, you just make it sooooo easy for the rest of Chas to put you all in a nice little box. stereotypical.
now go! Disconnect from the internet, fire up that SUV and see the big world that Mt.P holds for you, Whole foods awaits!!!

Old 07-18-2011, 01:32 PM

1,781 posts, read 2,682,126 times
Lightbulb Okay...Enough Of This Malarkey Already

Quote:
Oh you!
i love you east of the cooper types and your passive aggressive ways, you just make it sooooo easy for the rest of Chas to put you all in a nice little box. stereotypical.
now go! Disconnect from the internet, fire up that SUV and see the big world that Mt.P holds for you, Whole foods awaits!!!
First of all, I've been reading just the last couple pages of this thread, and you have been lobbing insults at folks right and left...the kind of insults that if you dared to draw breath and actually (gasp!) grow a spine and try to utter in person, out loud, to someone's face, you'd be horizontal and unconscious so quick, it wouldn't be funny...

As I saw it, the thread title was Top 5 (or More) Things You HATE Most About Living In Charleston...NOT 'Top 5 Insults And Stereotypes You Can Hurl At Charleston Forum Posters In A Single Day'...and truthfully, I'd LOVE to see you or anybody else actually try to act on a bunch of chatrooom mouth-running and TRY to act like you're gonna 'take over' something or somewhere...

I've been here in the Charleston/Columbia/Greenville forums before, and I actually HAVE taken the time to read the posts of Tom Cat and a holy host of others...I haven't always agreed with everything they've said, but guess what---I'm a grown man, and if I have any kind of 'beef' at all with anyone here, I know how to respond to someone without bellowing and beating my gums, and labeling folks as 'racist ignorant close-minded Southerners'...

I really think you need to dial it back about a thousand, and think about what you're saying and who you're saying it to, instead trying to show how bad (not) you are by swelling up and tossing off allegedly pithy remarks, and sending people snarky DM's...Tom Cat, to his credit, was being gracious when he bid you 'bless your heart and have a good day'...had you run across me on one of my 'bad days', trust me, I wouldn't be blessing anything...have a little courtesy when you post, and quit acting like some arcane schoolyard bully

Old 07-18-2011, 02:18 PM

870 posts, read 1,987,913 times
I feel that there is something that bears mentioning:

I was born and, for the most part, raised in Charleston but I will admit that my dear mother was born and raised in Queens and my father is from the San Fernando Valley. Nevertheless, I consider myself a native.

I am amused by northerners who move here and complain about the drivers.

Here's why

-A large portion of the economy here is based on tourism. That is, people from elsewhere come here to visit. Elsewhere includes the North.

-Many people from elsewhere choose to retire here.

-We have a Yankees farm team...not a Braves farm team.

What are the odds that natives are good drivers but there are so many transplants here trying to drive like they do "back home" that it makes our roads unsafe?

Old 07-18-2011, 05:08 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,863,660 times
vanguard cycle joined July 18 and has nothing but snarky comments.....

tr*lling

Quote:
Oh you!

Old 07-19-2011, 04:38 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,794,627 times
Quote:
wrong times 1000, most of the friends i have made here are natives who are also fed up with the redneck ways of this town and doing their part collectively to change it.
Done with this argument now also.
have a good day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area