Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2009, 07:05 AM

7,041 posts, read 15,033,451 times

Advertisements

mornin' all...looks like the rain held off until overnight. more rain today?

Both sons are in their appropriate locations...safe & sound!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2009, 11:59 AM

852 posts, read 2,467,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
mornin' all...looks like the rain held off until overnight. more rain today?

Both sons are in their appropriate locations...safe & sound!!
Glad your sons are back - mine are stuck in NYC due to storms on East Coast. They have been there since 11:00 this morning and of course can't leave their places as they are um's and have to be accompanied everywhere so I doubt if staff want to wander around airport with them. They will be in a foul mood when they get home LOL

Old 08-02-2009, 12:55 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,701,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smclarke4 View Post
Glad your sons are back - mine are stuck in NYC due to storms on East Coast. They have been there since 11:00 this morning and of course can't leave their places as they are um's and have to be accompanied everywhere so I doubt if staff want to wander around airport with them. They will be in a foul mood when they get home LOL
Sorry to report but at this moment it's raining very hard.Hear planes up there somewhere so the ap must be open.
je

Old 08-02-2009, 08:08 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,826,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Nancy, CC and Ani, thanks for the kind words. The date is 10/2/10, we got engaged back in Feb when we moved here. 10/2/10...easy to remember, what time is it? "ten to ten," lol...That wasnt our intention but it worked out.

Wow! How did he lose it? Our friend got married on the 11th of July and her new hubby lost his ring on the honeymoon! Yikes!!! It is, however, really good to hear a store honoring an agreement to sell you at the 1999 price though---was that some sort of insurance or warranty plan you guys bought, or were they just very understanding? We bought a few "warranties" like that tonight that are good for a lifetime. When we bought it, in the back of my head I was thinking, will these "lifetime" gurantees really be around in 10-20 years..So that was really refreshing to hear
DH never forgets our anniversary since it's the first day of July. Well we actually got married in 1990 and bought the band in 2001 a year after he lost it and I also got an anniversay band. We just celebrated our 19th anniversary.

Our friend introduced us to the jewelers at the LA jewelry mart and they actually remembered us. We didn't have an agreement or guarantee, they just offered it to us, how nice was that!

How did he lose it, well he always takes his band off when he washes his hands and sticks it in his pocket. We were actually getting ready for vacation to fly to Charlotte! I was drying my hair and I see him in the mirror looking under the sofa cushions so I asked what he was doing and he said he couldn't find his ring. So the hunt began and he had been everywhere and done everything! Took out the trash, cleaned the liter box etc. so he washed his hands I don't know how many times. We tore apart the trash can, recycling unit (trash can size in CA), tore the house apart, the garage, looked in the lawn, in the curb, drove up to the bank and looked in the flower bed and grass, looked through the cars and came up with nothing. We barely made it to the airport in time! We thought maybe when we moved out here that we might find it, never did.

Old 08-03-2009, 04:20 AM

mornin' all...they are calling for a couple of dry days!! (well, with a possibility of "stray t-storm today). SO, you can just watch your grass grow by leaps and bounds!!

SM, hope that your boys are home now. It is especially worrying knowing that they are basically on their own in NYC...

Old 08-03-2009, 05:34 AM

852 posts, read 2,467,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
mornin' all...they are calling for a couple of dry days!! (well, with a possibility of "stray t-storm today). SO, you can just watch your grass grow by leaps and bounds!!

SM, hope that your boys are home now. It is especially worrying knowing that they are basically on their own in NYC...

Went for my morning walk this morning and it was yucky out - very humid. Thanks for your good wishes CC -yes my kids got home eventually at about 9pm last night. The funny thing was having been watching the flights all day and expecting them to land at a particular time they actually landed a little early so I was late getting them - typical eh

Old 08-03-2009, 09:59 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,469,759 times
SM - glad the family is back together and hope you all have a good week. Yes, the humidity is high. I clipped back some plants this morning came in w/ my hair and face damp. Gonna put a handkerchief around my neck next time and carry my spritzer bottle. Aggravating.

Old 08-04-2009, 04:15 AM

mornin' all...hot & humid today. Did someone say summer?

Old 08-04-2009, 01:30 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,947,412 times
CC Its been summer here since March.

Old 08-05-2009, 07:16 AM

mornin' all...Barking, it has not been a hot & humid summer....until now!

they are installing street lights today on my street. (finally. we've been annexed since 2002) wonder if I will have a tax assessment because of it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte